Ratteling sound from One s2

Henrik Voldmester

As it so happens i was thinking about the same topic today!
Im pretty sure i have always had the crackling sound, but then again i have not rally had a chance to listen to any other wheels.
Then i thought about if it would be nice with some soundfiles of malfuncioning wheels, maby even able to diagnose a  problem.
anyways i recorded my KS16 in free spin, hee you can hear the crackling in the start, also in high spin, but note in the end it almost goes away, but only for a second or two.

Note: check your volume before playing the file

2018_01_05_14_33_07_1.mp3

Edit: there is also some resonance in the sound, might be i had it a little too close to the mic

1 hour ago, Rob Valley said:

As it so happens i was thinking about the same topic today!
Im pretty sure i have always had the crackling sound, but then again i have not rally had a chance to listen to any other wheels.
Then i thought about if it would be nice with some soundfiles of malfuncioning wheels, maby even able to diagnose a  problem.
anyways i recorded my KS16 in free spin, hee you can hear the crackling in the start, also in high spin, but note in the end it almost goes away, but only for a second or two.

Note: check your volume before playing the file

2018_01_05_14_33_07_1.mp3

Edit: there is also some resonance in the sound, might be i had it a little too close to the mic

The 'crackling' you mention sound like mine 'ratteling'.

I also get this sound. No idea what it is, it doesn't make the sound when the wheel is spun with the motor off. It only happens for me at slow speeds. Still feels smooth though.

Every now and then a little stone or something will get kicked up inside the housing and it'll rattle a bit, but it always comes back out.

10 hours ago, Knifa said:

I also get this sound. No idea what it is, it doesn't make the sound when the wheel is spun with the motor off. It only happens for me at slow speeds. Still feels smooth though.

Every now and then a little stone or something will get kicked up inside the housing and it'll rattle a bit, but it always comes back out.

That could be the answer! I think you are right! Thank you for your replacement.

Archived