Kingsong Range and Performance Throttling

electricpen

2 hours ago, electricpen said:

Thanks for the report! I think this is about the range we would expect from the KS-18s. I just did a full 100%-10% on my KS-16s a couple weekends ago and it got about 23.5 miles with a couple pretty steep hill climbs. You got almost exactly double which sounds about right. 

Yet when I said I only got in the low 40's on my range test, I got all kinds of push-back. But like @Holt reported, I've seem a few other people give similar numbers. So I would consider the KS18S to be a solid mid-40's wheel, probably able to get in the mid to upper 50's if you keep the speed down.

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So I would consider the KS18S to be a solid mid-40's wheel, probably able to get in the mid to upper 50's if you keep the speed down.

If I put the bowls of ice cream and cookies down I bet I could get the range into the upper 50s!  Weight contributes a lot.

8 hours ago, Holt said:

If I put the bowls of ice cream and cookies down I bet I could get the range into the upper 50s!  Weight contributes a lot.

Mmmmnn... Ice cream and cookies!

Hi guys,

Here a few details from my last longer rideI with my KS16S 840Wh a week ago.

Start: Temperature 10 C, 95kg drivers weight, 100% charged, no music no lights

Route:  hilly, overall climb 100m, distance 37km, rest at 19km (charging 20min with 4A from 60 to 67%), average speed 26km/h

the last 8 Kilometers with decreasing speed, the last slope was definetively with the last drop.

so I did it home, but only the short charging saved me from walking.

I know this is far away from the numbers presented in the datasheet, but... I drive the third kingsong now (14, 16, 16S) and never had any problems with cutoffs or unhealthy situations caused by the wheel. I appreciate that ....

For me driving highspeed with an EUC is a special kick. Therefore I fokus on wheels with a good deal of power and topspeed combined with savety at maximum level, thats kingsong. I ordered the KS18L already, just to do a bit more for the kick in balance with savety. Yes, the 18S has a larger battery pack, but it looks too bulky for me... so, when I think about it, there are obviously three values driving my EUC decisions:

Be save, drive fast, feel cool

could anyone agree with that? ???

file

file

23 minutes ago, Kreisel said:

Hi guys,

Here a few details from my last longer rideI with my KS16S 840Wh a week ago.

Start: Temperature 10 C, 95kg drivers weight, 100% charged, no music no lights

Route:  hilly, overall climb 100m, distance 37km, rest at 19km (charging 20min with 4A from 60 to 67%), average speed 26km/h

the last 8 Kilometers with decreasing speed, the last slope was definetively with the last drop.

so I did it home, but only the short charging saved me from walking.

I know this is far away from the numbers presented in the datasheet, but... I drive the third kingsong now (14, 16, 16S) and never had any problems with cutoffs or unhealthy situations caused by the wheel. I appreciate that ....

For me driving highspeed with an EUC is a special kick. Therefore I fokus on wheels with a good deal of power and topspeed combined with savety at maximum level, thats kingsong. I ordered the KS18L already, just to do a bit more for the kick in balance with savety. Yes, the 18S has a larger battery pack, but it looks too bulky for me... so, when I think about it, there are obviously three values driving my EUC decisions:

Be save, drive fast, feel cool

could anyone agree with that? ???

file

file

what tire pressure are u running?

Thanks for the in depth Range report Kreisler.  Sounds about like my weight and elevation changes.  I am still torn between the acm1300 and the KS16s.  I just saw a video of Ron world I am where he face planted at full speed on a Tesla.  He said he could not hear the beep because of the wind noise and helmet.  I often find that I can’t hear the beep due to wind/traffic noise on the ninebot that I am currently riding and the tilt back let’s me know to slow down.  And I have been seeing some info that the tilt back can not be set above 30km on the Gotway app.  That seems shortsighted on Gotways part.  

2 hours ago, Joker10 said:

Thanks for the in depth Range report Kreisler.  Sounds about like my weight and elevation changes.  I am still torn between the acm1300 and the KS16s.  I just saw a video of Ron world I am where he face planted at full speed on a Tesla.  He said he could not hear the beep because of the wind noise and helmet.  I often find that I can’t hear the beep due to wind/traffic noise on the ninebot that I am currently riding and the tilt back let’s me know to slow down.  And I have been seeing some info that the tilt back can not be set above 30km on the Gotway app.  That seems shortsighted on Gotways part.  

I don't know if that 30km is correct, but if I depended on tilt-back I don't think I'd want it to kick in when I'm going very fast. Tilt-back, depending on how its implemented, can be very unnerving and sometimes results in the rider losing control.

And many of us also believe that tilt-back requires additional energy and that additional energy might just be enough to exceed what the batteries can deliver and - faceplant.

Yea I could see how tiltback that is done poorly could be a problem.  With the ninebot it just lets me know I am going a bit too fast and I slow down a little. As I stated I normally can’t hear the beeps on the ninebot because they are not very loud, maybe the Gotway are much louder?  

Archived