Operating instructions as interpreted by forum

Bob Eisenman

Should manufacturers be encouraged to consider adapting and modifying operating instructions to include the phrase

'see peer reviewed recommendations from staff at the Electric Unicycle Forum'

for additional riding suggestions

or

are most riders interests falling too often outside the boundaries of the manufacturers rules .....

ie. it's your life....and who are the EUC forum staff??

This is the Gotway Monster rule set:

72066.jpg

The Segway application requires you to click through of the don'ts. Amusingly I had done every single don't including bashing my head going through a doorway. 

On a more serious no. In no way should this forum be linked in any formal way to any manufacturer because that implies a legal and hence financial obligation. You don't want a crasher suing this forum. 

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

This is the Gotway Monster rule set:

Most EUC manufacturers include the highly experienced sector as well.

27619916139_218fda7357_b.jpg

Between you and me I'm astounded by the amount of bad PR given to assorted brand name EUC models and various electronics issues incurred while using the EUC outside of manufacturers recommendations.

When I bought my Ninebot my first reactions were...I like the machine but not the consequences of using the internet associated app or its social functions. Other than a weird issue causing bucking after an incomplete firmware upgrade everything about the Ninebot was OK.

14 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Between you and me I'm astounded by the amount of bad PR given to assorted brand name EUC models and various electronics issues incurred while using the EUC outside of manufacturers recommendations.

When I bought my Ninebot my first reactions were...I like the machine but not the consequences of using the internet associated app or its social functions. Other than a weird issue causing bucking after an incomplete firmware upgrade everything about the Ninebot was OK.

I wonder if the problems caused by firmware upgrades were due to people having other apps running in the background, or poor bluetooth connections, ie moving the phone while upgrading or blocking the signal?

Archived