Is it possible to travel around the globe on E Unicycles?

EUC Dog

Man, it's a terrible tragedy that airlines won't let you check an EUC in as baggage because it could revolutionize the travel industry.  I would love to be able to bring my V8 with me, and would travel much more if I knew I could hop on it and explore new far-off places.   

EUCs could eventually supplement the rental scooter market, but they're still too specialized to become mainstream enough to be practical in the short-term, even assuming you could get them on the plane. 

My idea has been to offer one of my wheels on loan to forum users I trust if they were to come to Canada and wanted to have use of a wheel, with the idea that maybe an informal network could develop whereby someone visiting could have the benefit of having their own wheel without the problem of having to figure out how to get it across international borders.  

13 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

My idea has been to offer one of my wheels on loan to forum users I trust if they were to come to Canada and wanted to have use of a wheel, with the idea that maybe an informal network could develop whereby someone visiting could have the benefit of having their own wheel without the problem of having to figure out how to get it across international borders.  

AirEUC...

3 hours ago, mezzanine said:

EUCs could eventually supplement the rental scooter market, but they're still too specialized to become mainstream enough to be practical in the short-term, even assuming you could get them on the plane. 

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

AirEUC...

You have a big up vote from me.  AirEUC is a great idea!  I'd be willing to AirEUC rent most (but not all) of my wheels.

2 hours ago, duaner said:

You have a big up vote from me.  AirEUC is a great idea!  I'd be willing to AirEUC rent most (but not all) of my wheels.

Problems I see would be how to deal with damage?

Do you charge a deposit or what.

A few high speed run offs could easily wreck a wheel and not all users ride as carefully as you might!

3 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Problems I see would be how to deal with damage?

Do you charge a deposit or what.

A few high speed run offs could easily wreck a wheel and not all users ride as carefully as you might!

$300 deposit. :)

The Segway S1 would be the standard wheel, who cares if you bash it up and a 12 mph crash won't hurt it. And 12 mph is still much faster than what most people can run at. 

That's such a great idea---forming a network of EUC users whereby travlers can rent locally without concerns with airline regulations. At least in this infantile stage, I would require a deposit in commensurate with the cost of the wheel to protect myself against damages and theft; and probably double wrap my rental wheels with heavy foam. Eventually, Rent-A-Wheel will be like Rent-A-Car.

Archived