How do I get my commission?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This has worked perfectly for me. I left the Segway unused for 5 months and it did not turn on. I have opened the battery pack and wired it directly to the original charger for 20 min , after tha

@Jbrannen95, I have had a phone call with @jojo33 and he told me your problem if the battery is detached from the mini, which voltage do you have here? if the volatge is between 42 and

Presumaby the battery is just dead and has to be replaced. Liion cells are very sensible to low voltage conditions. Theoretically there could be ways to revive the pack on cell by cell basis if the si

Posted Images

On 3/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, Glock32 said:

Signed up to say...  Thank you!  This seems to have saved my battery on my original (pre 2018 model) MiniPro...  Still need to reinstall battery, but after not seeing ANY voltage reading from the battery, I reverse charged using this method and a very low tech patch cable for a few hours until the light on the charger turned green. Was concerned this wasn't working because the light on the battery never came on or went green until I removed the reverse charge and then charged normally (got two blinking green lights and now then started (and then continued) to blink red (I thought it was going to stop at four blinks, but was excited to see it continue and seems to be charging as normal)...

Amyways, even if you get no voltage reading before trying this, it might work (e.g. the person that got 25.x volts, I got no voltage and to the person looking for this cable, you need to make one).

if you go as low tech as my cable, be careful not to short the wires together during the process....  Thanks again @smallexis and FYI@MadMattz @Jeremy Valentin @Ethan Cheung

Screenshot_20190306-001116_Gallery.jpg

Hello

please how do I make this cable ? I’ve been to several hardware stores and nobody could help me... 

• 3 months later...

My MiniPro was purchased March 2020 and put into storage due to COVID. I just opened it and the battery would not charge. I made the cable using lamp cord with small nails soldered at one end. They go into the charger plug. The charger has a diagram saying which pins are + and -. I then put banana plugs from my stereo parts bin at the other end of the cord. With it all attached and careful to have the right polarity banana plugs in the battery, I plugged in the charger. The charger light turned red. After 4 hours the charger light was green but the Mini Pro does still not power up.

What should I do now?

On 11/2/2020 at 9:28 AM, Natassia said:

until I removed the reverse charge and then charged normally

Did you do that step? This solution bends my brain because it should cause all flavors of unspeakable horrors, but if it works?

11 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Did you do that step? This solution bends my brain because it should cause all flavors of unspeakable horrors, but if it works?

Where is this reverse charge procedure? I don't see any entries for that date. 

EPILOG: One of the hits that came up when Googling this problem is a video about a MiniPro that mysteriously came back to life after mysteriously going dead. It came down to a seemingly irrelevant step of letting it sit unplugged for 12 hours after a full charge. 

I was actually packing my MiniPro to send it back for a repair when, on a lark, I hit the power button and it beeped into life with a full charge on the battery. WOOT!!!

This is the YouTube with the trick: