On 4/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, MannyLalo said:

Great business from our free advises. 

How do I get my commission?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, Glock32 said:

Signed up to say...  Thank you!  This seems to have saved my battery on my original (pre 2018 model) MiniPro...  Still need to reinstall battery, but after not seeing ANY voltage reading from the battery, I reverse charged using this method and a very low tech patch cable for a few hours until the light on the charger turned green. Was concerned this wasn't working because the light on the battery never came on or went green until I removed the reverse charge and then charged normally (got two blinking green lights and now then started (and then continued) to blink red (I thought it was going to stop at four blinks, but was excited to see it continue and seems to be charging as normal)...

Amyways, even if you get no voltage reading before trying this, it might work (e.g. the person that got 25.x volts, I got no voltage and to the person looking for this cable, you need to make one).

if you go as low tech as my cable, be careful not to short the wires together during the process....  Thanks again @smallexis and FYI@MadMattz @Jeremy Valentin @Ethan Cheung

Screenshot_20190306-001116_Gallery.jpg

Hello

please how do I make this cable ? I’ve been to several hardware stores and nobody could help me... 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My MiniPro was purchased March 2020 and put into storage due to COVID. I just opened it and the battery would not charge. I made the cable using lamp cord with small nails soldered at one end. They go into the charger plug. The charger has a diagram saying which pins are + and -. I then put banana plugs from my stereo parts bin at the other end of the cord. With it all attached and careful to have the right polarity banana plugs in the battery, I plugged in the charger. The charger light turned red. After 4 hours the charger light was green but the Mini Pro does still not power up.

What should I do now?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 9:28 AM, Natassia said:

until I removed the reverse charge and then charged normally

Did you do that step? This solution bends my brain because it should cause all flavors of unspeakable horrors, but if it works?

EPILOG: One of the hits that came up when Googling this problem is a video about a MiniPro that mysteriously came back to life after mysteriously going dead. It came down to a seemingly irrelevant step of letting it sit unplugged for 12 hours after a full charge. 

I was actually packing my MiniPro to send it back for a repair when, on a lark, I hit the power button and it beeped into life with a full charge on the battery. WOOT!!!

This is the YouTube with the trick: 

• 1 month later...

So the complication that I have at the moment is that my friends charger tip broke Got. The wires came disconnected from the 4-prong port that plugs into his ninebot Segway. I don't know which one is red and which one is black to get them connected again. Can anybody help me?

• 2 weeks later...

I have figured out a safe and effective way to get the batteries out of hibernation.   Anyone that wants to know this great secret message me and I’ll explain in detail. 

I have done it to half a dozen batteries  myself with excellent results every time except one. 

erichunt4269@gmail.com

Segway ninebot  batteries with no lights showing in battery can be brought back. I have done it easily. 

you will need two original chargers.  
have battery off unit. Plug one charger in the port.  Have to hook other charger to battery discharge connector directly. As soon as you do the battery should jump into action. Green light immediately followed by red blinks. After a dozen red blinks disconnect second charger. Battery should now be charging correctly. 

let me know how it goes. It has worked for me constantly on several batteries. 

7 hours ago, Speedyg690 said:

Have to hook other charger to battery discharge connector directly.

That's the way to circumvent safety and protection measures.

While this, as you state "get batteries out of hiberbation" it could allow to charge/"reuse" batteries with aged/degraded or just dead cells.

Could be too that some of such batteries are hibernated for good and valid reasons.

Usage of li ion cells in bad condition highly increases risk of hazard! So your "way" is maybe effective but for sure not "safe"!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

First of all, I think we have a great community here.  Appreciate all the contributions and sharing.

I too encounter a "dead" battery refusing to charge after 5-6 months of unuse.

Initially, the "dead" battery measured on 0.32V across its +ve and -ve terminal.  There was no light on the battery led.

I followed the method described by Fedele Nacucchi

After connecting the wall charger (PIN 1 and 2) directly to the battery (detached from Mini) terminals a couple of rounds (let me call this waking process), the terminal measures 60.3V across its +ve and -ve terminal.  When not plug to charger, the battery blinks red continuously (fast blink of 0.5 sec each).

I then connect the charger directly to the battery (detached from mini) with the normal 4-pin plug to charge for hours (5-6hours)

The battery continues to blink red.  However it did not change to any green blinks.  The voltage continues to stay at 60.3V.

When fitted into the mini and powered on, the mini gives off 5 long beeps and 2 short beeps (seems to be error code 52 - battery voltage error) and then turned off.

I have another healthy battery (same model) which I took out from another mini. 

The voltage is measured to be 61.7V.

It seems that the "dead" battery refuses to go up further in voltage (to 61.7V) despite long hours of charging.  

What should I do now?  Is it still recoverable?

Appreciate any advice and help.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Yeo said:

Hi,

First of all, I think we have a great community here.  Appreciate all the contributions and sharing.

I too encounter a "dead" battery refusing to charge after 5-6 months of unuse.

Initially, the "dead" battery measured on 0.32V across its +ve and -ve terminal.  There was no light on the battery led.

If there was no output protection active with this battery that normally means an absolutely dead battery - nothing to be done. Most things one can try and as written in some posts here bear some fire hazard risk.

I followed the method described by Fedele Nacucchi

After connecting the wall charger (PIN 1 and 2) directly to the battery (detached from Mini) terminals a couple of rounds (let me call this waking process), the terminal measures 60.3V across its +ve and -ve terminal.

How long did this couple of rounds take?

Could be this "waking process" just resets some internal protection which has shut off the charging input on "dead" batteries ?? As charging from 0.32V to 60.3V should take some time - but on the other side such dead li ion cells could show some strange chemical processes to pretend they have some voltage again quickly?

When not plug to charger, the battery blinks red continuously (fast blink of 0.5 sec each).

I then connect the charger directly to the battery (detached from mini) with the normal 4-pin plug to charge for hours (5-6hours)

The battery continues to blink red.  However it did not change to any green blinks.  The voltage continues to stay at 60.3V.

When fitted into the mini and powered on, the mini gives off 5 long beeps and 2 short beeps (seems to be error code 52 - battery voltage error) and then turned off.

Did you ever try ninebattery? 

Or is the minipro not on long enough to connect?

Afair ninebattery does not work anymore with newer android versions - if it's not already updated inbetween?

However wheellog imho has this cell voltage display for ninebots too by now. But i don't know if wheellog support the mini pro or just the ninebot EUCs?

I have another healthy battery (same model) which I took out from another mini. 

The voltage is measured to be 61.7V.

It seems that the "dead" battery refuses to go up further in voltage (to 61.7V) despite long hours of charging.  

Normally the BMS have input protection to shut off charging if any cell has overvoltage (~>4.25V) to protect them to go up in flames.

Dead/severly aged/degraded cells have very low capacity and tend to be charged "fully" very fast or just take whatever voltage comes in and trigger this voltage alarm easily.

This is what is circumvented by charging by the power output pins of the battery - there one can charge a battery until serious cell overvoltage is reached and it starts to vent and burn.

What should I do now?  Is it still recoverable?

As written above - try ninebattery and/or wheellog, if you still can get you mini pro on long enough.

Otherwise, if you are curious and technically capable you could open up the battery, visually inspect cells, wiring and bms, measure the cell voltages. Make fotos and report here!

My bet would be that there is no chance of anything to do to get this battery up again. Maybe by replacing some cells - if you can weld and handle such batteries properly. But anyhow this would be very interesting information for all the others having this dead battery on the mini pro - as here in this topic new posts come regularly with people seeking help!

Or you could make a "hilarous" youtube video with filming the pack going up in flames by charging it "backwards" (through the output pins) - or make some live stream event and take bets on how long it will take or if it will go up in flames at all?:ph34r:

However anything you try - don't to it indoors, especially not in an appartment! Keep a big barrel full of water nearby to throw the battery in once it starts to behave strangly (popping, venting, or even just getting warm without load!)

Appreciate any advice and help.

Best advice should be to buy a new battery and properly dispose this one.

Edit: just in case you're really crazy enough to make a final test expect something at least like this to happen:

Edited by Chriull

20 hours ago, Chriull said:

If there was no output protection active with this battery that normally means an absolutely dead battery - nothing to be done. Most things one can try and as written in some posts here bear some fire hazard risk.

How long did this couple of rounds take?

Could be this "waking process" just resets some internal protection which has shut off the charging input on "dead" batteries ?? As charging from 0.32V to 60.3V should take some time - but on the other side such dead li ion cells could show some strange chemical processes to pretend they have some voltage again quickly?

Did you ever try ninebattery? 

No, but I have downloaded and tested it out on my batteries.

My healthy battery has 3.9V to 4.1V range for all cells.

Whereas for the bad battery, I have five bad cells at 0V, one at 6V and another one at 13V!  The rest (7 cells) at around 4V each.

So yes, I believe my battery is gone!

Edited by Chriull
Took answer out of the quote
  • Like 1

My healthy battery has 3.9V to 4.1V range for all cells.

Do you leave the battery on the charger long enough? Until the led turns green?

3.9V vs 4.1V is already some deviation!

Whereas for the bad battery, I have five bad cells at 0V, one at 6V and another one at 13V! 

Wow - intetesting what this cells can take! Or the bms has aome problems, too...

So yes, I believe my battery is gone!

Agreed ;)

One should not even tjink of trying to charge such a battery again. :(

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 1:48 AM, Siriussak said:

I wanted to add I was able to fix my dead battery! I have 2 mini pros and I rode 1 in December and then just let it sit and it would not charge. The other one had a good charge and was full.

I took the recommendation of the guy with the wires and connected 2 batteries in parallel. So I took both batteries out. Went to hardware store and got a 10 gauge wire. Then I stuffed a 10 gauge wire into the gold contacts. + to + and - to -. I left it connected together for just a few seconds. Took it back inside and plugged it in and it came back to life! BE CAREFUL TO NOT LET THE WIRES CROSS TOUCH THE gold connectors.

quick note, if it doesn’t charge after connecting for around 5 seconds...repeat the process to give it a little more juice, again for 5 seconds then try.

Note: when I say “plugged it in” I mean I plugged it into the charger directly . Not in the mini pro. Let it charge for a while before putting back in the Segway,

1EE931BB-2271-4C14-85FA-38FACC676BB3.jpeg

Registered just to say THANK YOU @Siriussak for your solution (2 batteries in parralel) and @FloridianLWR for your feedback (even if you may never read this)

Got an minilite DOA. Battery blinking red 5 times. I followed the procedure. Dit hook them up together two times for 5 seconds. The DOA battery started blinking blue, then red non stop while charging with the power adapter outside of the mini. Power supply was red too. Hooked it up back to mini , and everything is fine.

Avoided me a return. 

• Like 1

Hello
My batteries are not dead, the green light continues to flash.
After the last update of the Segway-Ninebot app, my few ninebot-mini started not showing how many miles were left. I know the rolling batteries have been repaired. But everything worked until the last update.
I lost a lot of joy. now I can only drive as a disabled 10 km / h. There is nothing I can do, no previous installations and even version 117, nothing works. BMS batteries only.
Buy new ones? Maybe that's what Xiaomi wanted? :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I've been searching for replacement battery for my mini... i have NC1502-B model (54.3V 310Wh 5700mAh). I've abused google but it can't find any store where i could order new one. Battery i have is still live and kicking but have a feeling that it just doesn't have the range it had from start.

I've made around 140 kilometers with my mini and i love it. Is there a way to just replace all the cells in it? Maybe with bigger capacity?

Thx.

• 10 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 3:37 PM, Joy Joy Joy said:

hey man !! im going crazy trying to find this cable !!! please help !! the one with the two banana ends!! plz 

Did you ever find the cable to charge your nine of mini?