Christmas Eve - The Time of Amazing Coincidences

Marty Backe

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Here's a picture of the house my parents bought in 1969. My father said to me once....I'll never see it paid off. By 1981 he had died. Insurance money replaced the person. With insurance money the house was paid off in the 1990's. In the years following my Mom's passing in 1983 my career employment ended. For the years following her death I tried to restore the very old house. Walls painted, ceilings painted, window wells glazed, furnace replaced, crushed rock under downspout flooding areas, shutters repainted, rear stairs rebuilt (to code?) etc. Turkeys walk around in spring and also in the fall. On the week the house sold a deer was in the back (no pun) yard. It vaulted over the fence (6 feet) as I approached. The rear yard started losing elevation from soil fill loss adjacent to the neighbors pool which my Dad consented to before it was built. It was odd each year to see the ground drop adjacent to the pool (2 feet) with enlarging cave in areas. The neighbor who bought the house next door conceived a kid. Nothing went unrepaired in their house. The roof began to leak and the rear porch roof leaked profusely onto indoor outdoor carpet. It takes money, that I didn't have except for furnace and repairs,  to keep up a house. 

71370.png

BTW that's my old Chevy Cavalier in the driveway with 200+ thousand miles on it when sold. I wonder if the big pine tree has been removed. It started as a chest high pine taken from the woods of New Hampshire by a neighbor (deceased) across the street. The guy worked at the post office and had hearing loss from wwii boot camp. When I was younger and worked full time he asked for a ride to the commuter rail from where he reached the VA for treatment. One day he fell off a ladder and injured his ankle while doing house chores. I wonder if his hearing loss and the fall were related (balance issues?). 

The new owner of the house works in a hospital.

?

In California, that would be a 300.000 dollar house at least.  I wonder if property values are so high mainly because of the nice weather and the long coastline and interesting topography?  

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Dan,

Google is an impressively powerful research. The effort required to obtain key bits of information followed by a direct map search is possibly a problem for many people, not just the EUC community. Marty is a prolific EUC videographer who has created a lot of clues. I have no such quest as your note seems to imply.

BTW...Great Christmas tree drawing with your invention.

Bob

I'm going to start filming all of my videos in a nondescript outside basketball court :P

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

In California, that would be a 300.000 dollar house at least.  I wonder if property values are so high mainly because of the nice weather and the long coastline and interesting topography?  

With the size of the yard, probably double that price. The weather is a huge part of it I'm sure. Who doesn't want to live in a moderate climate year round? That brings lots of people, and they aren't growing any more land :)

2 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Dan,

Google is an impressively powerful research. The effort required to obtain key bits of information followed by a direct map search is possibly a problem for many people, not just the EUC community. Marty is a prolific EUC videographer who has created a lot of clues. I have no such quest as your note seems to imply.

BTW...Great Christmas tree drawing with your invention.

Bob

I think we are all aware that our internet presence leaves breadcrumbs of our lives over time and that when these fragments are collected and put together you can gather data from them that would not ordinarily be posted directly in public, such as an address. This is why Facebook posts can allow a hacker to access people's bank accounts via data collected such as maiden name, dog name, place of birth, etc. Normally the answers to security questions.

The point here is that just because you can do it doesn't mean you should, or that it is appreciated by the target or others in the community you frequent. Mining the data of an online acquaintance is really not cool. It's creepy. You were told this once before when you posted an image of the driveway of Novazeus' ranch.

Clearly you are good with mapping but like @Rehab1 I would prefer you kept this part of your hobby to yourself.

34 minutes ago, steve454 said:

that would be a 300.000 dollar house

In about 1964 my parents bought a newly constructed ranch house in the Hazleton, Pennsylvania area where my Dad had been transferred to a new industrial park facility for industrial baking. I forget what they paid for it but it sold for about $20k maybe less in about 1968 when we moved to an apartment in Connecticut.

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm going to start filming all of my videos in a nondescript outside basketball court :P

Then we would miss all of your beautiful scenery.   I think you will be ok now but if@Hunka Hunka Burning Love comes to town you might want to close your drapes.:facepalm:

8 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Here's a picture of the house my parents bought in 1969. My father said to me once....I'll never see it paid off. By 1981 he had died. Insurance money replaced the person. With insurance money the house was paid off in the 1990's. In the years following my Mom's passing in 1983 my career employment ended. For the years following her death I tried to <snip>

Your career ended 35-years ago? You don't look that old.

51 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Google searching for my grandmother's house in Binghamton, NY finds an empty lot which after my Dad sold the house, was subsequently torn down to serve as parking access for a church which was constructed atop the land were my father's father's (1884 ish immigrant) family house stood (according to census).

Here is the Google Earth of my grandparents and great grandparents former property

#1 would be great grandparents (didn't really know about them)

#2 was grandmother's house (been there..done that!) with nice park and carousel down the street....ride a horse and grab a ring if you have that adult reach!?

71469.jpg

1 minute ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Here is the Google Earth of my grandparents and great grandparents former property

#1 would be great grandparents (didn't really know about them)

#2 was grandmother's house (been there..done that!) with nice park and carousel down the street....ride a horse and grab a ring if you have that adult reach!?

71469.jpg

I think Bob wins the thread-derailing award for December, right guys ? :D

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Your career ended 35-years ago

2003 (mother passed away ) ...I don't know why I didn't correct it...Android sometimes enters what it thinks you mean to write.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18319076/

My Android phone bandwidth is back up to normal today as a new billing cycle starts at midnight. Career employment ended in 2006. Thanks for pointing that out. My last paper published was 2008. It takes awhile to write and peer review a paper before it gets published. I had found a job at R&D Engineering in Rowley (cnc mill and defense electronics housing maker). I needed to sign a release and fax it to the first author. The guy (an accomplished marathon runner)   I was working for didn't quite understand what a paper was but he let me complete the paperwork allowing me to be an author. Unfortunately I was permanently laid off after nine months of work for which I was poorly competent to do.

Thanks for the heads up...your good on those kinds of details on the forum.

2 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Well....my grandmother had a driveway too....can't you see the connection? ?

I do now :laughbounce2:

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think Bob wins the thread-derailing award for December, right guys ? :D

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

It might just be a coincidence but @Hunka Hunka Burning Love was in that same category last December.;)

Dammit, pipped at the post two years running!

Mark my words though... 2018 will be forever remembered as the year of The Fat Unicyclist...  Mwa haa haa ha!

Please note: this was a deliberate derailment, hopefully to head off any tensions between members recently posting on this thread. Let's just all chill a little and go for a ride.

11 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Dammit, pipped at the post two years running!

Mark my words though... 2018 will be forever remembered as the year of The Fat Unicyclist...  Mwa haa haa ha!

Please note: this was a deliberate derailment, hopefully to head off any tensions between members recently posting on this thread. Let's just all chill a little and go for a ride.

Thank you

Archived