Christmas Eve - The Time of Amazing Coincidences

Marty Backe

3 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Actually this house better fits the view from the ramp title graphic on the video

71279.png

And this overpass is at the location of the house.

71282.png

And this long driveway and truck look familiar

71284.png

Pardon my map searching...?

Wow, you're really scouting out the neighborhood. Thanks for not posting the address, and I'm impressed that you found it ;)

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, you're really scouting out the neighborhood. Thanks for not posting the address, and I'm impressed that you found it ;)

Hopefully mine is harder to find. Nice house BTW!

25454342338_3f7150c214_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have those pictures of your house. What was the street name again, just between you and me :ph34r:

Saint Backe Hwy 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

This all just got creepy. Not the first time either.

Who wouldn’t want a road map published on an international forum leading to their home <--- sarcasm :cry2: 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hopefully mine is harder to find. Nice house BTW!

Challenge accepted...

FYI - It took about 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Who wouldn’t want a road map published on an international forum leading to their home  :cry2:

Well in that case... it starts with an 8

Nice pool, BTW!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Challenge accepted...

FYI - It took about 10 minutes.

Well in that case... it starts with an 8

Nice pool, BTW!

Nice. Was I wearing my speedo? :)At least you are keeping it to yourself. Much appreciated!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This all just got creepy.

Here's a picture of the house my parents bought in 1969. My father said to me once....I'll never see it paid off. By 1981 he had died. Insurance money replaced the person. With insurance money the house was paid off in the 1990's. In the years following my Mom's passing in 1983 my career employment ended. For the years following her death I tried to restore the very old house. Walls painted, ceilings painted, window wells glazed, furnace replaced, crushed rock under downspout flooding areas, shutters repainted, rear stairs rebuilt (to code?) etc. Turkeys walk around in spring and also in the fall. On the week the house sold a deer was in the back (no pun) yard. It vaulted over the fence (6 feet) as I approached. The rear yard started losing elevation from soil fill loss adjacent to the neighbors pool which my Dad consented to before it was built. It was odd each year to see the ground drop adjacent to the pool (2 feet) with enlarging cave in areas. The neighbor who bought the house next door conceived a kid. Nothing went unrepaired in their house. The roof began to leak and the rear porch roof leaked profusely onto indoor outdoor carpet. It takes money, that I didn't have except for furnace and repairs,  to keep up a house. 

71370.png

BTW that's my old Chevy Cavalier in the driveway with 200+ thousand miles on it when sold. I wonder if the big pine tree has been removed. It started as a chest high pine taken from the woods of New Hampshire by a neighbor (deceased) across the street. The guy worked at the post office and had hearing loss from wwii boot camp. When I was younger and worked full time he asked for a ride to the commuter rail from where he reached the VA for treatment. One day he fell off a ladder and injured his ankle while doing house chores. I wonder if his hearing loss and the fall were related (balance issues?). 

The new owner of the house works in a hospital.

?

16 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Pardon my map searching...?

Dear Bob:

It would be to the benefit of EUC Forum members if you would please refrain from posting map searches of their home locations.

Thank you,

Dan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Bob Eisenman Thank you for your kind response. There are a few of us that were a bit concerned that others may follow your lead.

I enjoy your historic posts and scenic photos! 

Dan

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I enjoy your historic posts and scenic photos! 

Me in the late 1950s with family

71444.png

I've grown a lot since this late 1950s picture from the Cyprus Gardens area seated with my Dad, sister, and Scottish immigrant Grandmother (1913 ish) . I never new my Dad's father who died before I came into the world, so he's not present in the picture. Google searching for my grandmother's house in Binghamton, NY finds an empty lot which after my Dad sold the house, was subsequently torn down to serve as parking access for a church which was constructed atop the land were my father's father's (1884 ish immigrant) family house stood (according to census). That man (1884 ish immigrant) went back to France , perhaps his native Alsace after his Alsacian immigrant wife passed away about 1930. No one seems to know where he passed away across the pond.

My sister kids me that my grandmother's house, which sat along the T intersection across from another road with a driveway extending artificially from that T intersection to the garage, once had an incident where a moving vehicle passed from the incoming Street to cross the road and enter the driveway. The errant driver continued on and through the garage door (at night)

I certainly would benefit from an incremental increase in maturity to match my size increase. Thanks for your comments.

• Like 1