The New Solowheel

GreenWheel

Hi EUC riders:

It has been a few years now since our owner Shane created Solowheel and brought it to Interbike in 2010, and users of this forum know better than anyone just how much the world of electric unicycles have progressed since then. We are honored to see how much joy this invention has brought to countless people all over the world, and we never expected to see such passion and dedication from the close-knit community this has grown to be today. Seeing how these magical devices have changed people’s lives, added euphoria to the most mundane portion of most commuters’ days, and given birth to some cutting-edge extreme sport riding has given Solowheel motivation to continue inventing.

As you may know, we also came up with Hovertrax, aka the “hoverboard”, in 2015 when we saw some Solowheel riders having a bit of fun with 2 wheels, one on each foot. We all saw how that creation spread like wildfire (pun intended). More recently, in 2016 we came up with Lota in an effort to make an incredibly portable solution. In fact, we are still working on some out-of-the-box ideas today to make wheels for a wide variety of people and use cases.

Our team has always been filled with creators who are obsessed with coming up with new concepts. Inventing is something rooted deep in our culture and our DNA. We have been focusing on new ideas instead of pushing new Solowheel hardware. As a result, a number of other manufacturers have proven just how far and fast we can go with electric unicycles and frankly, it’s incredible! As impressive as that has been to see, we still feel that there is a lot of work to be done to bring safety and quality up to the same high standard. Enthusiasts are very forgiving when it comes to issues like QC because they have a different set of priorities. We think everyone deserves a well-rounded product that is dependable and worry-free, as well as attentive and responsive service.

We’ve always had a high bar for ourselves in overall experience, quality, and safety, but we still needed a strong partner to help take our ideas to the next level. We spent a lot of time and research to assess the quality of the current major players, and what we found was that InMotion stood out. Not only were we impressed by their current lineup, but after getting to know them, we found that we aligned in our philosophy. Both of us consider safety and quality our top priorities, and our respect for intellectual property bridged our relationship as we both highly value our integrity. At the beginning of 2017, we came to an oral agreement. Everything went very slowly at first because there was a lot of paperwork to transition the intellectual property, but now we are ready to announce our partnership and kick off 2018 with a bang.

As many of you know, you can already see the beginning of our new relationship in the form of the new Glide series based on InMotion’s products. While they look mostly the same as the V series from InMotion, they do have updated firmware that feature an intelligent tilt-back system. Instead of being based on top speed, the safety tilt-back is only triggered by dynamic max output power data coming from the battery system. The result is a more streamlined and safer warning system that gives our riders full confidence. If it seems like we didn’t change much from InMotion’s V series, it’s because they had already developed a really refined wheel! So that was just our first small step together. We now have a couple of wheels in development, and we are excited to share those with you as soon as we are ready.

A new partnership also means a new team! Solowheel HQ is now a happy resident of sunny San Diego, CA. As we turn over a new leaf, you’ll find that we are dedicated to providing a level of customer service that leaves no customer behind. More warranty options, no-hassle repair. All you have to do is reach out.

We noticed that there are lots of struggles in this forum in regards to InMotion customers getting repair and service, so we will be offering repair service for those customers as well from now on.

We know very well that Solowheel hasn’t always made the best impression on this forum in the past, but we are starting fresh. We hope you’ll all embrace our new philosophy of being more available and open to the community, and we would love to hear your feedback.

Happy Holidays!

Solowheel Team

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to chime in that I'm really excited about our new team here in San Diego. I used to run the Solowheel Seattle shop, but I've relocated to be on the team down here and couldn't be more thrilled. We are finally moving Solowheel into a new era, and I think you all are going to be really pleased with our new direction. 

Well, this all sounds quite promising.  It would be nice to have a serious competitor to King Song and Gotway.  I hope your readings of this forum have shown you what is frustrating with the current wheels/manufacturers/dealers.  And what we wish for/crave  The last thing we need is another "me too" outfit.  Both your companies have valid histories in this industry, but for most of us its just that, history.  I wish you well, in your joint venture, and look forward to the day I'm saving up for my new ?????? wheel.  What are you going to call yourselves? Solowheel?  

Is a new logo in the works? (hint)

I have read and felt the frustration from the Forum. I totally agree with you, we want to show that we can justify our history while continuing to innovate and produce in the future.We will keep our Namesake "Solowheel" along with making safe, intelligent wheels and promoting the EUC lifestyle!

@Smoother Our new team is really familiar - personally, I've been riding for 3 years and have been actively reading this forum and facebook group throughout. We know what enthusiasts want, and we will always keep our ears open! I think you'll find that we are not only going for pushing the technology forward, but closing the gaps in areas that have been severely lacking such as customer service and support and reliability. Self-service works for enthusiasts, but for the industry to really grow, we have to be more consumer friendly. This doesn't mean we are going to be ignoring enthusiasts - far from it, actually! We just think you all deserve more, so we will be working really hard to prove it.

56 minutes ago, GreenWheel said:

Hi EUC riders:

It has been a few years now since our owner Shane created Solowheel and brought it to Interbike in 2010, and users of this forum know better than anyone just how much the world of electric unicycles have progressed since then. We are honored to see how much joy this invention has brought to countless people all over the world, and we never expected to see such passion and dedication from the close-knit community this has grown to be today. Seeing how these magical devices have changed people’s lives, added euphoria to the most mundane portion of most commuters’ days, and given birth to some cutting-edge extreme sport riding has given Solowheel motivation to continue inventing.

As you may know, we also came up with Hovertrax, aka the “hoverboard”, in 2015 when we saw some Solowheel riders having a bit of fun with 2 wheels, one on each foot. We all saw how that creation spread like wildfire (pun intended). More recently, in 2016 we came up with Lota in an effort to make an incredibly portable solution. In fact, we are still working on some out-of-the-box ideas today to make wheels for a wide variety of people and use cases.

Our team has always been filled with creators who are obsessed with coming up with new concepts. Inventing is something rooted deep in our culture and our DNA. We have been focusing on new ideas instead of pushing new Solowheel hardware. As a result, a number of other manufacturers have proven just how far and fast we can go with electric unicycles and frankly, it’s incredible! As impressive as that has been to see, we still feel that there is a lot of work to be done to bring safety and quality up to the same high standard. Enthusiasts are very forgiving when it comes to issues like QC because they have a different set of priorities. We think everyone deserves a well-rounded product that is dependable and worry-free, as well as attentive and responsive service.

We’ve always had a high bar for ourselves in overall experience, quality, and safety, but we still needed a strong partner to help take our ideas to the next level. We spent a lot of time and research to assess the quality of the current major players, and what we found was that InMotion stood out. Not only were we impressed by their current lineup, but after getting to know them, we found that we aligned in our philosophy. Both of us consider safety and quality our top priorities, and our respect for intellectual property bridged our relationship as we both highly value our integrity. At the beginning of 2017, we came to an oral agreement. Everything went very slowly at first because there was a lot of paperwork to transition the intellectual property, but now we are ready to announce our partnership and kick off 2018 with a bang.

As many of you know, you can already see the beginning of our new relationship in the form of the new Glide series based on InMotion’s products. While they look mostly the same as the V series from InMotion, they do have updated firmware that feature an intelligent tilt-back system. Instead of being based on top speed, the safety tilt-back is only triggered by dynamic max output power data coming from the battery system. The result is a more streamlined and safer warning system that gives our riders full confidence. If it seems like we didn’t change much from InMotion’s V series, it’s because they had already developed a really refined wheel! So that was just our first small step together. We now have a couple of wheels in development, and we are excited to share those with you as soon as we are ready.

A new partnership also means a new team! Solowheel HQ is now a happy resident of sunny San Diego, CA. As we turn over a new leaf, you’ll find that we are dedicated to providing a level of customer service that leaves no customer behind. More warranty options, no-hassle repair. All you have to do is reach out.

We noticed that there are lots of struggles in this forum in regards to InMotion customers getting repair and service, so we will be offering repair service for those customers as well from now on.

We know very well that Solowheel hasn’t always made the best impression on this forum in the past, but we are starting fresh. We hope you’ll all embrace our new philosophy of being more available and open to the community, and we would love to hear your feedback.

Happy Holidays!

Solowheel Team

That's actually kind of neat that you take trade in.  

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

That's actually kind of neat that you take trade in.  

Yea! It gives people a chance to upgrade easily. And you can feel good about your old wheel going to a bright young kid that wouldn't have been able to afford it. We'll be updating more details on that program later, but it's live right now and we make it really painless.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:47 PM, Smoother said:

Well, this all sounds quite promising.  It would be nice to have a serious competitor to King Song and Gotway.  I hope your readings of this forum have shown you what is frustrating with the current wheels/manufacturers/dealers.  And what we wish for/crave  The last thing we need is another "me too" outfit.  Both your companies have valid histories in this industry, but for most of us its just that, history.  I wish you well, in your joint venture, and look forward to the day I'm saving up for my new ?????? wheel.  What are you going to call yourselves? Solowheel?  

Is a new logo in the works? (hint)

The logo looks like Ninebot, whee!  That is not a good way to ride!!!  Arms behind back.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Just wanted to chime in that I'm really excited about our new team here in San Diego. I used to run the Solowheel Seattle shop, but I've relocated to be on the team down here and couldn't be more thrilled. We are finally moving Solowheel into a new era, and I think you all are going to be really pleased with our new direction. 

Is barefoot ted still with solowheel?

2 hours ago, F.J. Abaya said:

Is barefoot ted still with solowheel?

Hey FJ! Ted owned the shop in Seattle, and I'm sure he will always be an advocate, but he's not on our team at the moment.

I miss the Sunday meetups! If I'm ever up in Seattle again, I'll definitely try to sync up with a group ride.

Awesome! We need more great products in this space and better visibility for the technology. I'm glad that Solowheel has plans to face the competition squarely and plant the seeds for future success. A face-plant, if you will. :D

Although I'm sure San Diego weather suits you all better, it's a bit sad you've left Seattle. I was on a trip there in 2014 when I saw a guy riding this strange thing with only one wheel in downtown Seattle. He was even whizzing up and down hills, and came right up to where I was waiting for the bus. I asked him what it was and he said Solowheel. When I got home I started looking it up and watching YouTube videos. Here I am, three years and three wheels later.

@GreenWheel it's excellent to see some Official involvement from Solowheel here on the forum. 

Please correct me if I am mistaken, but it would be extremely interesting if you can help enlighten us on the below points:

1. Any manufacturer making an Electric Unicycle is a 'knock off' from Solowheel & should be blocked from import? Was there not a recent petition against Segway/Ninebot, which has not gone favourable for you? 
  2. That only Solowheels are of superior building quality & reliability. If this is so, why has Solowheel removed all references & links to the previous Solowheel products? Do these Customers continue to have service & support from Solowheel?  
  3. The Solowheel brand deserves a premium price. What justification was there to increase the retail prices by 50% on existing Inmotion products? How is it Inmotion HQ are so indifferent to whatever deal that was formed with Solowheel, that they have no qualms with continuing to provide the V5F/V8 to a particular party north of the boarder, who sellS the V8 & V5F through Amazon & eBay? 
18 hours ago, GreenWheel said:

since our owner Shane created Solowheel and brought it to Interbike in 2010

Is it not the case that the first Solowheel was wholly created by Daniel Wood of FocusDesigns, the original SBU, that predates the Solowheel by several years? Did Daniel not create the first prototype including the firmware, PCB, & other critical components of Electric Unicycle? Why has not Shane, nor anyone else in Solowheel, ever acknowledged this crucial contribution? Also, why is it that Shane signed a license agreement with Janick Simeray in March of 2011, who holds the first Electric Unicycle patent, & it took two years for Shane to repudiated it on the grounds that his product did not fall within the scope of the invention? What exactly was does Shane claim to have invented? Is it simply the padding on the sides of the Wheel?  

in 2016 we came up with Lota in an effort to make an incredibly portable solution.

Could you comment on the status of the Kickstarter campaign? In the comments section, there seems to be a great amount of resentment/disappointment of Solowheel's failure to deliver on-time, or provide adequate updates to Customers. 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687658339/solowheel-iota-a-mini-personal-e-vehicle 

We spent a lot of time and research to assess the quality of the current major players, and what we found was that InMotion stood out.

Is this true? According to a Senior Manager at Inmotion, they said that Inmotion approached Shane, not the other way round. The reason for this action? A Internal source informed me that Inmotion were continually in the red, & with difficulties finding new investment, that a precondition for obtaining a local Chinese government loan, was a collaboration with Shane. Was this not the true reason? 

Both of us consider safety and quality our top priorities, and our respect for intellectual property bridged our relationship as we both highly value our integrity.

Why on the Solowheel website is the V5F/Glide2 rated for 260lb. We sold over 200 units of the V5F/V5F+, in our experience, because of the relatively weak control-board in this model, we placed an advisory on the product page that it would not be suitable for Riders over 170lb. The defect data we compiled on this model, was that the statistical probability of a board failure was 12.5% over the course a year.

uc?export=view&id=1XQZcvxXAqukGYXlOmGk6rCQ0TBl05tev

Could you provide some evidence for this? Even though the Inmotion range is end-of-lifed for eWheels.com, we continue to support/service our Customers over the warranty period, even if this means buying spare parts from the factory ourselves. Our chief issue is getting Inmotion HQ to carryout out back-end processes like resetting the owner ID for switching phones, etc. 

'Invention' of the Hovertrax:

we also came up with Hovertrax, aka the “hoverboard”, in 2015 when we saw some Solowheel riders having a bit of fun with 2 wheels, one on each foot. We all saw how that creation spread like wildfire (pun intended).

1) I wonder if you're able to confirm or deny the below correspondence take took place between Janick Simeray & Shane Chen on March 1st 2011? To the uninitiated, it would suggest that the idea for the Hovertrax came from Janick Simeray.
2) Would you be able comment on the recent court outcome that was ruled against Inventist's claim of infringement  https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/ptab/case/IPR2016-01778

[01/03/2011 03:53:47] JS: I have also filled a platform segway with no arm;  but a chinese unversity has done it and I did not push the patent
[01/03/2011 03:55:20] SC: Do you have a picture or drawing for it?
[01/03/2011 03:56:48] JS: I find this just after I find the solution for the supression of the arm
[01/03/2011 03:55:48] ***  *** [sent an artist's conception of the product, below]

Inline images 2
[01/03/2011 03:56:48] JS: I find this just after I find the solution for the supression of the arm
[01/03/2011 03:57:38] SC: How does it turn?
[01/03/2011 03:58:02] SC: Pressure?
[01/03/2011 03:58:51] JS: In my application;  I was put pressure sensors on right and left;  and a slave system controlling right speed with left pressure and opposite
[01/03/2011 03:58:55] JS: like in ski
[01/03/2011 03:59:08] JS: I think they have made the same
[01/03/2011 03:59:42] JS: right speed with left pressure
[01/03/2011 04:01:04] SC: I am going home now. I'll talk to you later.
[01/03/2011 04:01:33] JS: The pressure sensor were foam charged with carbon
[01/03/2011 04:01:46] JS: OK   waiting for your draft
[01/03/2011 04:01:58] SC: Bye
[01/03/2011 04:02:07] JS:  my conclusion is it is more conveninent to solve the problems of the wheel
[01/03/2011 04:02:14] JS: this is the future
[01/03/2011 04:02:36] SC: Right
[01/03/2011 04:02:55] JS: every child spend 2 days to learn bicycle
[01/03/2011 04:03:02] JS: or more
[01/03/2011 04:03:23] JS: a teenager can spend half a day to learn the wheel
[01/03/2011 04:03:43] JS: try an adult that never made bycicle;    he will need time also
[01/03/2011 04:04:07] JS: the key point is not the learning time
[01/03/2011 04:04:30] SC: It's about 15 to 30 minutes to learn
[01/03/2011 04:04:48] JS: it is the fact it can be carries in the teain and in the metro   like a laptop
[01/03/2011 04:05:05] JS: if 4 to 5 kg
[01/03/2011 04:05:31] JS: this is not a leisure item;    in the futur  it is a way of life
[01/03/2011 04:05:49] JS: it is the reason I will push us with marketing
[01/03/2011 04:06:08] JS: and I introduce my friend David to the technology
[01/03/2011 04:06:39] JS: He is in contact with holliwood;   he already deal avatar charchter for me
[01/03/2011 04:07:19] JS: I want to give him one that he can demonstarte to one of the best movie maker;   in order it is in the next anticipation movie
[01/03/2011 04:07:41] JS: this will give us the opportunity to finance the 2
[01/03/2011 04:07:53] SC: Good, I have to go now.
[01/03/2011 04:07:59] JS: OK
[01/03/2011 04:08:13] SC: It was nice chating with you
[01/03/2011 04:08:21] SC: Bye

9 hours ago, JimB said:

I don't think it's been mentioned, but the Solowheel Seattle shop is closed.  Been empty for a couple of months now.  I noticed that recently the signage on the door has been removed.

Yes, sadly it's no longer open. That was a privately owned and operated shop, but Solowheel will be providing service for all of their customers. Actually most of those customers would know me, because I used to run that shop! (Do I know you? Trying to think of any Jims..)

4 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Awesome! We need more great products in this space and better visibility for the technology. I'm glad that Solowheel has plans to face the competition squarely and plant the seeds for future success. A face-plant, if you will. :D

Although I'm sure San Diego weather suits you all better, it's a bit sad you've left Seattle. I was on a trip there in 2014 when I saw a guy riding this strange thing with only one wheel in downtown Seattle. He was even whizzing up and down hills, and came right up to where I was waiting for the bus. I asked him what it was and he said Solowheel. When I got home I started looking it up and watching YouTube videos. Here I am, three years and three wheels later.

To clarify, Solowheel used to operate out of Inventist Inc in Camas, WA which is actually closer to Portland. But yes, Seattle has a rather large amount of riders in the city so it's no surprise you saw your first wild Solowheel there. :)

Yea, San Diego definitely makes things easier from a year-round perspective. I do miss Seattle, though, as I lived there for 9 years!

19 hours ago, GreenWheel said:

n InMotion’s products. While they look mostly the same as the V series from InMotion, they do have updated firmware that feature an intelligent tilt-back system. Instead of being based on top speed, the safety tilt-back is only triggered by dynamic max output power data coming from the battery system. The result is a more streamlined and safer warning system that gives our riders full confidence. If it seems like we didn’t change much from InMotion’s V series, it’s because they had already developed a really refined wheel! So that was just our first small step together. We now have a couple of wheels in development, and we are excited to share those with you as

To be honest:

as far as i know this is allready implemented in the Inmotion V8, too!

We have some incredible app designers here. When they tried to get a higher speed out of the V8, they found out that the tiltback is battery related....

Even IF this is a new feature of the "Glide"....hard to argument a 50% higher price on this.

Hey Jason! Long time no chat. I can help clear up some of it.

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Any manufacturer making an Electric Unicycle is a 'knock off' from Solowheel & should be blocked from import? Was there not a recent petition against Segway/Ninebot, which has not gone favourable for you? 

No, that's not really our stance. While we ask that competitors respect intellectual property, it's not about just shutting everyone else out. Licensing would be the fair way to move forward. As for the Segway/Ninebot petition, we have had some back and forth history with them, and I'm sure you can understand that we wouldn't want to talk about those details on this kind of forum.

That only Solowheels are of superior building quality & reliability. If this is so, why has Solowheel removed all references & links to the previous Solowheel products? Do these Customers continue to have service & support from Solowheel?  

We are saying our focus and goals are on quality, safety and good customer service - not that we are the only company capable of quality. I think most customers, regardless of brand, would like to see the industry improve in this area. As for older models: not listing them for sale does not mean we no longer support those customers. Actually it’s far from it! Not only do we service previous generation Solowheels, we are now taking on support for previous InMotion wheel owners as well. Customers also now have a 2-year or 1-year warranty options available at purchase.

The Solowheel brand deserves a premium price. What justification was there to increase the retail prices by 50% on existing Inmotion products? How is it Inmotion HQ are so indifferent to whatever deal that was formed with Solowheel, that they have no qualms with continuing to provide the V5F/V8 to a particular party north of the boarder, who sellS the V8 & V5F through Amazon & eBay? 

What we are offering with the Glide Series is incredible support and service that one would expect from a premium brand. We know that asking someone to put down anywhere close to $1k on such a device means you are dedicating yourself to a change in lifestyle and habit altogether, so we are offering the support to back it up so that our customers can truly depend on it. With our current pricing, it's not a 50% increase. Glide 3 with one year warranty = $1299, two year warranty = $1699. This means, if it breaks, we replace it. 

InMotion's outgoing distribution deals are a work in progress. Your frustration is understandable, but at the same time, this forum is probably not the best place to discuss business. We are happy to discuss it with you directly, if you'd like.

Is it not the case that the first Solowheel was wholly created by Daniel Wood of FocusDesigns, the original SBU, that predates the Solowheel by several years? Did Daniel not create the first prototype including the firmware, PCB, & other critical components of Electric Unicycle? Why has not Shane, nor anyone else in Solowheel, ever acknowledged this crucial contribution? Also, why is it that Shane signed a license agreement with Janick Simeray in March of 2011, who holds the first Electric Unicycle patent, & it took two years for Shane to repudiated it on the grounds that his product did not fall within the scope of the invention? What exactly was does Shane claim to have invented? Is it simply the padding on the sides of the Wheel?  

Daniel was an employee of Shane at the time that both ideas were in development so I am sure you can see why it's not really that simple. The patents filed by Shane and Janick were covering different concepts. Shane's has nothing to do with self-balancing and everything to do with the way the user rides it. If they have a case, it's a matter for the courts to decide and should be settled in that forum. There isn't much point in discussing it here.

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Could you comment on the status of the Kickstarter campaign? In the comments section, there seems to be a great amount of resentment/disappointment of Solowheel's failure to deliver on-time, or provide adequate updates to Customers. 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687658339/solowheel-iota-a-mini-personal-e-vehicle 

I'm glad you brought that up! The Iota is actually staying with Inventist, so our Solowheel team isn't running that project. By that I mean, it's not a result of our partnership with InMotion. While I'm not affiliated with Iota, I can tell you that just like many other crowdfunded projects, the unfortunate delay is due to developing a new product that is breaking ground in a few different areas. I've seen the earlier prototype with my own eyes, and it's a tiny little sight to behold. They will get it all ironed out! If there are any Iota backers reading this, you can reach out to Inventist if you have any questions or concerns, but I am happy to relay a message as well. 

Why on the Solowheel website is the V5F/Glide2 rated for 260lb. We sold over 200 units of the V5F/V5F+, in our experience, because of the relatively weak control-board in this model, we placed an advisory on the product page that it would not be suitable for Riders over 170lb. The defect data we compiled on this model, was that the statistical probability of a board failure was 12.5% over the course a year.

This is good info - we should clarify our listing. 260 is the maximum load, but not optimal for best performance. You've inspired me to update that! We have a more detailed comparison between Glide 2 and 3 in the works.

Could you provide some evidence for this? Even though the Inmotion range is end-of-lifed for eWheels.com, we continue to support/service our Customers over the warranty period, even if this means buying spare parts from the factory ourselves. Our chief issue is getting Inmotion HQ to carryout out back-end processes like resetting the owner ID for switching phones, etc. 

It's awesome that you treat your customers well! Solowheel will be improving the support customers previously got from InMotion by leaps and bounds. Because Solowheel is now servicing InMotion wheels, this also means we can help your existing InMotion customers as well. :)

1) I wonder if you're able to confirm or deny the below correspondence take took place between Janick Simeray & Shane Chen on March 1st 2011? To the uninitiated, it would suggest that the idea for the Hovertrax came from Janick Simeray.
2) Would you be able comment on the recent court outcome that was ruled against Inventist's claim of infringement  https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/ptab/case/IPR2016-01778

Reminder to self: never private message Jason McNiel!

In all seriousness, it's a matter between Shane and said parties. It's not up to third parties on the internet to decide. If they have a claim, it can be settled in the appropriate forum.

I know I speak for everyone on our team here when I say this: 

Jason, your efforts and contributions are MASSIVE, and we respect and love what you've done to help these magical devices get beneath more feet and even push standards forward. I've done business with you personally in the past, multiple times, so I can put my money on that. 

Let's turn a new leaf together, because 2018 is gonna be a great year for all of us.

Sorry to spoil the mood, but all I'm personally expecting is (more) IP trolling and no or no competitive products.

Would happily be proven wrong. But tbh, I'm not believing I will.

We'll see if and when a specific product is revealed, including price and specific release date, what to think of this.

27 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sorry to spoil the mood, but all I'm personally expecting is (more) IP trolling and no or no competitive products.

Would happily be proven wrong. But tbh, I'm not believing I will.

We'll see if and when a specific product is revealed, including price and specific release date, what to think of this.

I understand your skepticism, but we didn't partner with InMotion and start a new team in San Diego to patent troll. I know I definitely didn't move 1000 miles south for that. :)

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@GreenWheel

Is this true? According to a Senior Manager at Inmotion, they said that Inmotion approached Shane, not the other way round. The reason for this action? A Internal source informed me that Inmotion were continually in the red, & with difficulties finding new investment, that a precondition for obtaining a local Chinese government loan, was a collaboration with Shane. Was this not the true reason? 

Hi Jason, I'm one of the co-founders of InMotion China, and I appreciate your contribution of selling InMotion products during the past few years. I know it's tough for you because we shut down the InMotion Unicycle to US after our cooperation with Solowheel, and it affected your business, and you are upset with this all the time, and I feel sorry for this. But we respect the intellectual property, and we don't want to get our business involved to any infringement especially in US, which is the best country for protection for intellectual property, and we think it's the only way to make a great company in any industry. Frankly speaking we have connections with Shane since 2014, but when Shane talked to us that he tried to firm up his own team in 2016 and he realized he needed a strong partner after that, we came to an agreement that we should have a joint venture together, then we have the best idea and enginnering capacity.   

Archived