Battery pack

vido

It is not very efficient, and probably will not work very good, since the charger port of the ninebot One is only to charge at about 2 amps.

The charger port will not put any additional battery in parallel, but will charge slowly the internal battery from the external battery (providing the external battery can output a regulated and constant volgate, which will need a electronic DC-DC circuit). Since you will drain the internal battery faster than the external battery refills the internal one, you will not have what you expect.

It's doable, but not any easy, and probably it is not what you want in the end.

It is not very efficient, and probably will not work very good, since the charger port of the ninebot One is only to charge at about 2 amps.

The charger port will not put any additional battery in parallel, but will charge slowly the internal battery from the external battery (providing the external battery can output a regulated and constant volgate, which will need a electronic DC-DC circuit). Since you will drain the internal battery faster than the external battery refills the internal one, you will not have what you expect.

It's doable, but not any easy, and probably it is not what you want in the end.

My charging times are usually not (much) longer than my travel times (rather the opposite, as I usually take breaks here and there or have a two-way travel), in which case it should work perfectly fine.

Assuming we can charge with 1.5A, we can donate 66x1.5=100Wh per hour to the battery (or, in other words, can provide 100W additional power). If you travel at 200W on average and have a 200Wh battery, you extend your travel time from 1h to 2h, without taking any break for charging. Not bad after all. 

I do not know how the BMS battery will handle the charge and drain at the same time.

Anyway, this is a DIY project. You will need a DC-DC circuit to convert external battery voltage to the same level as the ninebot charger. As efficient as you can. A battery that will provide the voltage needed by the converter. And a charger for this new battery. 

I don't know if the simplified way: "original ninebot one battery" with a plug, will work instead the all DIY project parts that I've said. May be...

You will need an port plug. Look into this thread: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/867-charging-in-a-car/

Given that during discharging the voltage of the battery goes down from about 66V to somewhat close to 50V, I see some chance that it will work without converter.

Wow, I looked it up, vido.  You guys from Brooklyn don't mess around do you! ;)

How did you find that out llol? 

Is that a battery pack the one with the red nine bot :o? 

Screenshot_2015-08-18-16-33-56.png

Archived