Two MiniPros from Amazon arrived DOA

A note for anyone ordering a MiniPro from Amazon. Two of them arrived, both DOA after charging (lights light up for a few seconds, then shut off). It seems this is a common issue lately with the MiniPro, possibly due to batteries going into hibernation mode after sitting in a warehouse.

I'll go through a few rounds of replacements with Amazon in hopes of finding two that work out of the box. I don't trust the longevity of batteries that have sat in storage long enough to go into hibernation mode.

I left it charging for several hours to make sure. There were no beeps. They're DOA. Two replacements arrive Monday.

GarrettWP: Did you order yours recently? I'm curious if Amazon currently has any that work, or if they're all DOA.

Hmmm.  It's too bad you could not see the lights on the batteries. Sometimes it can take a while if the batteries have gone into hibernation mode.  I suspect you're right in that the stock has gotten old without charging. Reminds me i better check all my batteries. 

it happened for French buyers, it seems that the Mini Pro are now too old to be sold.
They were released in November 2015, then there were others made in June 2016, if the batteries are over a year old, without being recharged, that's what's causing problems.

In France, in department stores, they sell exhibition models whose batteries have never been recharged for a year

Last week I saw a Mini Pro in a shop, it has not moved for a year, the tires are deflated, I imagine that the battery has never been recharged

But a Mini Pro buyer in China since import has not had this problem, more recent manufacture?
Since they were activated in China before being sent, they are therefore in working condition

6 hours ago, ephemere said:

I left it charging for several hours to make sure. There were no beeps. They're DOA. Two replacements arrive Monday.

GarrettWP: Did you order yours recently? I'm curious if Amazon currently has any that work, or if they're all DOA.

First one was ordered on December 3rd. Battery was completely dead and would not power on. Plugging in the charger resulted the charger going back and forth from red to green led. The unit would beep and the battery panel would flash every couple seconds. Had to return that unit for a replacement as it had other issues, but it did eventually charge without issue.

Second unit arrived (replacement) December 8th and had the same battery issue, but leaving the charger on eventually made the unit start charging after a bit. However, the trolley handle to pull the unit around snapped off the first day. Didn't want to send the unit back for another replacement so I am working with Segway warranty to see if they can send me a new piece.

By the way, first unit tires were flat, second unit had air in them. But still required to fill them up. I'm debating on if I should order another unit for my wife as the white models have finally come down on price. Also picked up a Segway One S1 to learn and use. If you can get a working unit, you can't beat the price. I've always wanted one, but not at the older price tag.

- Garrett

17 hours ago, ephemere said:

A note for anyone ordering a MiniPro from Amazon. Two of them arrived, both DOA after charging (lights light up for a few seconds, then shut off). It seems this is a common issue lately with the MiniPro, possibly due to batteries going into hibernation mode after sitting in a warehouse.

I'll go through a few rounds of replacements with Amazon in hopes of finding two that work out of the box. I don't trust the longevity of batteries that have sat in storage long enough to go into hibernation mode.

did you remenber or kept any picture from side sticker on the box for see each year appear for product date?

menbt.PNG

4 hours ago, jojo33 said:

@ephemere tires were deflated?

I believe both tires had air in them. I'm not completely sure because I immediately pumped them up to 45 psi before I realized I had a problem with the battery.

3 hours ago, jojo33 said:

did you remenber or kept any picture from side sticker on the box for see each year appear for product date?

I still have the boxes here. Haven't sent them back, yet. I looked for a date but cannot find it. Where can I find a date of manufacture?

4 minutes ago, ephemere said:

I believe both tires had air in them. I'm not completely sure because I immediately pumped them up to 45 psi before I realized I had a problem with the battery.

I still have the boxes here. Haven't sent them back, yet. I looked for a date but cannot find it. Where can I find a date of manufacture?

hello

im sorry for your mini

on the side of box you have a sticker with modele number and others data

a little similar to like this

here written CMITT2017.......

year production is 2017

1alertepro.JPG

2 minutes ago, GarrettWP said:

Please let me know where I can find the date to post for comparison.

- Garrett

thank you garret

on the box, where is serial number sure there's another number including year

7 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

here written CMITT2017.......

Thanks! Yes, I was just looking at that photo on your site. The box I received doesn't have the same kind of sticker. Here's what I have. There is no year clearly labeled. You can see that the model number is different, N3M320 instead of N3M300. I wondered if the "16" after "N3MTB" meant a manufacture year of 2016. The serial number in your photo has "17" in that place, so I'm guessing I'm right.

minipro.thumb.jpg.4347d4dd23e75e598833430b132d4940.jpg

3 minutes ago, ephemere said:

Thanks! Yes, I was just looking at that photo on your site. The box I received doesn't have the same kind of sticker. Here's what I have. There is no year clearly labeled. You can see that the model number is different, N3M320 instead of N3M300. I wondered if the "16" after "N3MTB" meant a manufacture year of 2016. The serial number in your photo has "17" in that place, so I'm guessing I'm right.

ok photo is from a chinese mini pro modele ref is n3m300, it's normal, it's just released last april 2017 in china, but your mini n3m320 it's ok it's our usual modele here in western world

yes

it's possible it's one build in 2016 if like you i compare two pictures serial numbers

Okay, I'll go a few rounds with Amazon to see if they have any that work.

Next step will be to see if Segway will stand behind their authorized dealers and send me a couple replacement batteries.

My kids have already seen these, so at this point I've got to come through for them somehow! I guess the worst case is I spend 2x the cost and get the Mini Plus instead.

Interestingly, I see that Ninebot US themselves is selling the MiniPro on ebay. Presumably this is the same old stock.

Just now, ephemere said:

Sweet! Thanks for that! So the ones I got were manufactured in the 36th week of 2016. So about 16 months old.

i will add this tip for know when was buid the mini into my blog (i hope you visit my blog :P

Archived