THE HELMET THREAD

8 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

I bought the LS2 Metro a few months ago and so far it has been great in both winter and summer riding.  I don't need separate goggles with the drop down sun-visor and the entire chin lifts up for easy on/off access.  Plus, it has the ratchet chin strap so you can quickly put it on and off with gloves.

ls2_helmets_metro_v3_solid_modular_motorcycle_helmet_with_sunshield_matte_black_750x750.jpg.90c8676f9f5041a626966b0e1a0eb88a.jpgls2_metro_v3_helmet_matte_black_750x750.jpg.00fcf92312ded83fa48ccfdff0b1bc95.jpg

That thing is 4lbs, way too heavy. 

• Upvote 1

Last night there was a group buy on tsg passes here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/tsg-group-buy-completed/54231/212  I bought yellow for 153... crazy good price.    Its not the first groupbuy I've seen on their for these.

I was running out of the office and didn't have time to post it here (sorry), I think the deal is dead now, but you could try PMing the guy to see if you can get in on it.   

I'm mostly posting to remind you guys to check their often if you're looking for good helmet deals.   There's also a decent section for used sales.

12 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

Last night there was a group buy on tsg passes here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/tsg-group-buy-completed/54231/212  I bought yellow for 153... crazy good price.    Its not the first groupbuy I've seen on their for these.

I was running out of the office and didn't have time to post it here (sorry), I think the deal is dead now, but you could try PMing the guy to see if you can get in on it.   

I'm mostly posting to remind you guys to check their often if you're looking for good helmet deals.   There's also a decent section for used sales.

wow!  that is a fantastic price!

36 minutes ago, fbhb said:

My Black TSG Pass finally arrived this morning and the Large size I ordered fits me perfectly, with No Need to add any of the additional padding (always there for the future if the cheek pads soften over time though). I'm really looking forward to going for a ride in it tomorrow afternoon to see how it performs and will also post my thoughts here.

TSG Pass.jpg

I notice if you go over some big bumps the visor bounces as well.  But at that point so does my jaw.  Lol

Just now, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Won't all those letters make it hard to see where you're going?   

Yeah, but now that I've learnt how to actually ride a wheel I need the extra challenge!?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I notice if you go over some big bumps the visor bounces as well.  But at that point so does my jaw.  Lol

I'll look out for that happening when I test it out tomorrow, but I'm thinking you can probably tighten the tension where the visor pivots to prevent that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Yeah, but now that I've learnt how to actually ride a wheel I need the extra challenge!?

Excellent... Now we just need to see some video proof (of the riding, not the visor).

Not that I doubt you, I just want to see some footage of a Tesla cracking along some of that awesome Hawke's Bay coastline!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

21 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I'll look out for that happening when I test it out tomorrow, but I'm thinking you can probably tighten the tension where the visor pivots to prevent that.

Thought that part was only used to remove the visor for the clear one. Didn’t think there was a tightening.  Have to check tomorrow. Again, it doesn’t happen all the time.  Just over huge bumps. 

9 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Thought that part was only used to remove the visor for the clear one. Didn’t think there was a tightening.  Have to check tomorrow. Again, it doesn’t happen all the time.  Just over huge bumps. 

I have to say that the visor on mine seems nice and firm out of the box, but I'm guessing that the screw will allow you to put a little more tension on the ratchet if needed.

12 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Those rear view mirrors look great! Where did you get them from? How well do they work?

For example from here : https://www.amazon.com/Zefal-5642-Spin-Mirror/dp/B0040QHJ9K

I cut off the bike on the handlebar for a fixed mounting part and slightly changed the  the surface of the corner .These mirrors work very well for me.

I like to fold them together and then adjustments will not change 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Now I got my new TSG Pass helmet. Getting ready to commute home from work.

TSG Pass acid yellow

Then I went for a small spin.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1555879486

Now I almost have 0.3 Marty/Rehab-coolness factor.

@Marty Backe @Rehab1 @Scatcat @fbhb @eddiemoy

Cool looking helmet. You opted for the high-visibility model (yellow) :D

• Like 1

My co-workers call it alien coloured ?

Hard to be only Dane in a Swedish office/workshop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Now I almost have 0.3 Marty/Rehab-coolness factor.

Awesome helmet! You definately have the coolness factor. Not sure if I fit the category but thanks. Watch out that those mini mirror wings don’t add an aerodynamic element to your ride. ?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome helmet! You definately have the coolness factor. Not sure if I fit the category but thanks. Watch out that those mini mirror wings don’t add an aerodynamic element to your ride. ?

Sure you do Mr. @Rehab1

Who else would dare to test wife-agro over an EUC-sneak off drive ?

I order this:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01E2IK104/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_yLj8AbTEHPV23

We will see it I find ok to mount or not. Next thing is some sort or option to record video. But that is a tier 2 project.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

My first reaction when I saw the still was: "wow, a beetle!"

Volkswagen or music?

• Like 1