THE HELMET THREAD

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool. I think I'd even leave the lights on during the day - light daylight running lights in your car :D

Right.  In all seriousness, I'm trying to balance being seen vs. blinding people, like we all are.  The daytime lights make a lot of sense I find.  On the skateboard, where the lights are mounted low to the ground, I don't mind using the flashing lights in the front and in the back, and then I usually have a solid red light on the back of my helmet.  I'm not sure what the right balance is with the EUC.  The light in the chin guard develops a fairly narrow cone with less light leakage, so I think that's my go-to front light--on full power or even blinking during the day, and on low at night. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

And scaring the shit out of old ladies, small dogs, and would be muggers?

He don't have your beard-skills 🎅

16 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I don't look that dangerous... :whistling:

Well add that steampunk themed wheel and you exhaling vapor smoke and tell me that again 😁

8b42c567318f6fa5ba1e8c5e0deaa503.jpg

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well add that steampunk themed wheel and you exhaling vapor smoke and tell me that again 😁

Oh! ❤️

I'd really love to have my wheel kitted out like that, if I at the same time could have some steampunk clothes with d3o padding and a steam punk full face helmet. ;) 

Then I would either look like a total dork, a cos-player, or something out of a nightmare... :D 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Oh! ❤️

I'd really love to have my wheel kitted out like that, if I at the same time could have some steampunk clothes with d3o padding and a steam punk full face helmet. ;) 

Then I would either look like a total dork, a cos-player, or something out of a nightmare... :D 

I think this is one of the coolest wheels. Maybe not practical but still. Then add a 

51hCI4jYwhL._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

And an old school ww1 pilot helmet and googles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

DSC03061.thumb.jpg.710b6ec7464009fe581f474b6b41c488.jpg

DSC03065.thumb.jpg.581319b48c36bcc81a36c489610e638e.jpg

I like the way they branded the fox logo on the side.

Ohh and welcome to FF club (full face)

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Unventor said:

That is an awesome piece of artwork!  So much detail from the little gears to the spider web pedals, quilted side pads, pressure gauges, cog wheel belt, rivets...etc. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seba said:

Finally I've also joined the "Full Face Helmet Owners Club" with my brand new and yet unscratched Fox Rampage Pro Carbon:

DSC03058.thumb.jpg.a685b1a2087bd8cba0112a6012146a9c.jpg'

DSC03061.thumb.jpg.710b6ec7464009fe581f474b6b41c488.jpg

DSC03067.thumb.jpg.b8f05728dcf2a6c5479330ba82be4cf2.jpg

DSC03065.thumb.jpg.581319b48c36bcc81a36c489610e638e.jpg

Welcome. That's a handsome wig. :)👍

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Oh! ❤️

Don't forget your steam-punk vape-thingy...

65aa3ff4b9ca2778f91985b66b6cd4ab--hookah

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

I think this is one of the coolest wheels. Maybe not practical but still. Then add a 

51hCI4jYwhL._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

And an old school ww1 pilot helmet and googles.

Weeeeell, the ww1 pilots tended to suffer broken jaws and noses when crashing, no full face there...

13 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Weeeeell, the ww1 pilots tended to suffer broken jaws and noses when crashing, no full face there...

It is for style

Well guess what...it kinda just happened...honestly...ok so I don't have a wife to ecplain myself when I do these kind of things....

IMG_E10F14-85D806-ADDC97-207E87-25982F-0

You know maybe I bought a LS2 FF399 EU Matt black helmet a little while back. And still extremely happy with it.

But....

It was always my plan to get BT build in headset, so I went by the dealer today to get him to order a headset so it is ready on next pay day (in my cast is 25th each month). Then he told me he just happens to have it on stock since yesterday...and he made me an offer too...not much but still enough for me to get itchy fingers....on the other hand what can possibly go wrong if I buy this today...5sec later nvm..keching🎶💸 and I got myself a LS2 LinkIn RidePal 3.

So right now charging the unit and watching this 

So I am getting it installed later tonight. And testing to to work tomorrow.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well guess what...it kinda just happened...honestly...ok so I don't have a wife to ecplain myself when I do these kind of things....

IMG_E10F14-85D806-ADDC97-207E87-25982F-0

You know maybe I bought a LS2 FF399 EU Matt black helmet a little while back. And still extremely happy with it.

But....

It was always my plan to get BT build in headset, so I went by the dealer today to get him to order a headset so it is ready on next pay day (in my cast is 25th each month). Then he told me he just happens to have it on stock since yesterday...and he made me an offer too...not much but still enough for me to g🎶💸

Nice! I recently got fed up with not hearing my tunes loud enough through the wheel. I tried earbuds, but they kept falling out. So I modded my helmet too. I used the space given inside to put in some wired headphone drivers that I dismantled out of an old pair of AKG recording studio headphones. I cut up a sock, stuck the drivers in and gaff taped around the open parts of the fabric. I then used Velcro tape to secure them in place and it's very comfortable and secure. Then grabbed a $15 Bluetooth adapter, wound the excess cable under the detachable padded cloth head cover, and now I'm rolling around with quality sound in helmet for $15 total cost because I had the old wired headphones laying around. Hope yours sounds good too! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Nice! I recently got fed up with not hearing my tunes loud enough through the wheel. I tried earbuds, but they kept falling out. So I modded my helmet too. I used the space given inside to put in some wired headphone drivers that I dismantled out of an old pair of AKG recording studio headphones. I cut up a sock, stuck the drivers in and gaff taped around the open parts of the fabric. I then used Velcro tape to secure them in place and it's very comfortable and secure. Then grabbed a $15 Bluetooth adapter, wound the excess cable under the detachable padded cloth head cover, and now I'm rolling around with quality sound in helmet for $15 total cost because I had the old wired headphones laying around. Hope yours sounds good too! 

Well main goal here is to get same build in handsfree sense from my Mazda CX-5 car. but when riding with my helmet on EUC. 

So I can get GPS turn by turn info and can easy pick up phonecalls . Music is not on my list of why.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well main goal here is to get same build in handsfree sense from my Mazda CX-5 car. but when riding with my helmet on EUC. 

So I can get GPS turn by turn info and can easy pick up phonecalls . Music is not on my list of why.

The phone call part would be really nice. It bugs the hell out of me that I have to stop and talk over the speaker-phone to take a call.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

The phone call part would be really nice. It bugs the hell out of me that I have to stop and talk over the speaker-phone to take a call.

My little adapter has a mic for calls too. Although nobody calls anymore. Usually only texts these days 😪. I did a test call with my wife and even though the mic was on the back of the helmet, she could still hear me! 

23 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I have just completed the installation, and done a phone call test. Works fine. Have yet to test in windy conditions, but I think it will be rather okay.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have just completed the installation, and done a phone call test. Works fine. Have yet to test in windy conditions, but I think it will be rather okay.

But...with a full face helmet...with Bluetooth music/calls....how will you mind the beep

I want to listen to music on my headphones while riding sometimes but I usually end up using only one earbud so I can hear the beep