THE HELMET THREAD

31 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Its not about worrying about what people think, it's about being considerate and understanding that my rights end where other people's rights begin.  But if you want to ride around blaring loud music, like every other selfish person out there, go ahead, it no skin off my nose.

Thank god for full face helmets and Bluetooth 🔊 -_-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

But if you want to ride around blaring loud music, like every other selfish, inconsiderate person out there, go ahead, it's no skin off my nose.

LoL! Too funny 😂. If it's "no skin off your nose", why'd you bring it up? Are you a cop? Someone playing music on a wheel, a car stereo, or a motorcycle even is a non-issue! Un-bunch those panties. "Inconsiderate" on a wheel would encompass endangering pedestrians. Blaring music on one of these is actually about the best (and safest) thing you could possibly do to alert pedestrians that you're coming... remember these things are silent. Safety first. Why is that so hard to understand?! Sheesh. SMH! 😜😂🙃

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Its not about worrying about what people think, it's about being considerate and understanding that my rights end where other people's rights begin.  But if you want to ride around blaring loud music, like every other selfish person out there, go ahead, it no skin off my nose.

Thank god for full face helmets and Bluetooth 🔊 -_-

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

What does she say? It's not that big? :P:P:P

(Reaches down to knee-height to adjust stuff) Well I suppose...

I'm not sure really. I kind of wonder if the older girls in school takes the younger ones aside to tell them how to handle our swelled heads, because in my experience they can do it without even saying anything. Just her smile when I go all "Einstein" is often enough to remind me I live and prosper conditionally... :D 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

(Reaches down to knee-height to adjust stuff) Well I suppose...

I'm not sure really. I kind of wonder if the older girls in school takes the younger ones aside to tell them how to handle our swelled heads, because in my experience they can do it without even saying anything. Just her smile when I go all "Einstein" is often enough to remind me I live and prosper conditionally... 

Some practice martial arts. I practice marital arts. It is a system which relies upon passive-aggressive strategies to overcome the opponent/wife.

The passive aggressive arts are grounded in the oxymoronic principle that in yielding to the wife, the husband actually conquers the wife's resistance. It's a full circle; Happy wife, happy home. Happy home, happy hubby :DB)👍

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Some practice martial arts. I practice marital arts. It is a system which relies upon passive-aggressive strategies to overcome the opponent/wife.

The passive aggressive arts are grounded in the oxymoronic principle that in yielding to the wife, the husband actually conquers the wife's resistance. It's a full circle; Happy wife, happy home. Happy home, happy hubby :DB)👍

Relational judo, that seems familiar... I think I'm alive because of it.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 11:47 AM, Rama Douglas said:

This is exactly the kind of attitude that ruins fun for everyone. I used to think like you. Then I realized, people need to let loose and enjoy themselves. Otherwise, you're being a sheep. If someone gets annoyed at someone having a blast, that person needs to take a serious look inward and ask why it is they're upset by others enjoying themselves; living for others, rather than themselves. A huge problem with society. Society needs a massive shake up, and the proper response to anyone blasting through an area playing loud music should (and does) inspire others to let loose themselves and celebrate the glories of life. Life is a party, a celebration. Being kind to others starts with yourself. And if you're constantly holding back, worrying what others may think, then you're not living. Sorry @Smoother, but that attitude leads to anger, stress and tightly squeezed buttocks. Relax man and let loose. See what it does for your stress levels. Celebrate that others celebrate. There is such a thing as a noise curfew in city areas. Outside those hours, it's game on! People who are upset by people blasting loud music (And I'd hardly qualify 4 tiny Bluetooth speakers as LOUD!!!)  need to celebrate their fellow man and show love toward them. Unlearn that program. I'm gonna kidnap you, and take you to Burning Man. Then you'll truly understand the difference between someone jamming tunes outta their Bluetooth, compared to actual Earth shaking loud...😜

It's not that one kind or another kind of person is the way to be.  Everyone is different, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

The rule that your right to swing your fist ends where another person's nose begins still holds true, though.  There's never such a thing as total freedom, and it would be pretty bloody if there were.  We do live in a community, which means everyone's needs and preferences have to be reasonably accounted for.

In big city life, quiet is a huge luxury, usually only afforded the well-to-do.  There is a good reason for noise ordinances and community rules.  No one should be able to impose total silence on anyone and impinge normal activities, but it's up to people to make sure their normal activities aren't a huge pain in the ass to everyone else, too.

• Like 3

@ the whole music discussion everyone has different scenarios ,,i play music ,it's not that busy where i ride but when i do end up in the busy environment i turn my music down accordingly  we are grown up and sensible most of us , noise is noise we cant combat it , everyone's a bit inconsiderate ,,,to them car drivers what beep at me just before they approach ,they scare the bejesus out of me all to say that's cool lol ,  would i play music in somewhere like London when there's pedestrians everywhere ,,, yes but at a lower volume , would i play music where there's very few people and I'm road riding yes and louder I'm no louder than a car going past or a big truck , I'm sure we play music according to the environment we are in and know when it's wrong , for me i love riding listening to music, sometimes i glide around to the music depending what songs on 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

@ the whole music discussion everyone has different scenarios ,,i play music ,it's not that busy where i ride but when i do end up in the busy environment i turn my music down accordingly  we are grown up and sensible most of us , noise is noise we cant combat it , everyone's a bit inconsiderate ,,,to them car drivers what beep at me just before they approach ,they scare the bejesus out of me all to say that's cool lol ,  would i play music in somewhere like London when there's pedestrians everywhere ,,, yes but at a lower volume , would i play music where there's very few people and I'm road riding yes and louder I'm no louder than a car going past or a big truck , I'm sure we play music according to the environment we are in and know when it's wrong , for me i love riding listening to music, sometimes i glide around to the music depending what songs on 😊

Stephen, I do that too and am considerate when approaching super slow and congested areas, turning it down when I get into crowds of people. I'm not a 😈. Lol. I just get pretty preturbed when someone says blanket statements "preaching" that it's un-kind to others to be using your wheel's speakers. When in reality, it's the kindest way to be on a wheel, because pedestrians who could get in the way and injure both parties, now may actually hear you coming and not readjust outta nowhere (We've all had near misses like that I'm sure), resulting in a dangerous situation. Another reminder that our wheels are basically silent, so at speed, always jamming tunes is not only everyone's personal right to enjoy, but it's the safest way to ride as far as alerting people of your trajectory. And I'm a musician! Telling me no music is fighting werdz LoL! Besides, I'm just playing around and having fun with you guys. Maybe, just maybe, this thread can go back to helmets? 🙃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

Well i really like this one and i should really buy a full face my speed is creeping up

That looks badass! I'm loving my full face helmet. Thank God, when I had my death wobble the other day and wrecked doing around 20-22mph, my helmet didn't touch the ground! Not looking to replace it any time soon...😬

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

That looks badass! I'm loving my full face helmet. Thank God, when I had my death wobble the other day and wrecked doing around 20-22mph, my helmet didn't touch the ground! Not looking to replace it any time soon...😬

Hey stephen Ive found an upgrade to that helmet.

Nolan make them but have updated it to model N70 2G, now after some research.. turns out its cheap in feel and the better option is the sister companies version in the form of X-lite which is more refined. X-403-GT. Wow... better still theres a lightweight carbon version available. check it out 1.2KG Ill be buying one in the red/white combo.

image.thumb.png.8d7e9b94312d08320f34cb46cbdfe7fa.pngimage.thumb.png.0cd9e7929b9032b799a4fde99e504af6.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RayBanMonster said:

Hey stephen Ive found an upgrade to that helmet.

Nolan make them but have updated it to model N70 2G, now after some research.. turns out its cheap in feel and the better option is the sister companies version in the form of X-lite which is more refined. X-403-GT. Wow... better still theres a lightweight carbon version available. check it out 1.2KG Ill be buying one in the red/white combo.

image.thumb.png.8d7e9b94312d08320f34cb46cbdfe7fa.pngimage.thumb.png.0cd9e7929b9032b799a4fde99e504af6.png

image.png

Looks like ot have pinlock system, aka anti-fog system by adding a 2nd inner visor or as 2nd sunblock/glass.

I got that on my LS2 FF399. And it works really great. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1