THE HELMET THREAD

9 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

The Bell Full 9 showed up today. They did not send the correct size:(. Too small for my fluffy head :D. So, she has got to back.  

IMG_20190110_180038.jpg

I know I am silly about this, but I find peaks or mcx look just simply wrong. All I seem to think, looks like a ducks beak... Time to swim and dive.. Ehh film and drive or nvm you get my point. Not to my liking. Practical or not. That is partly why I found the LS2 FF399 more to my liking. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I know I am silly about this, but I find peaks or mcx look just simply wrong. All I seem to think, looks like a ducks beak... Time to swim and dive.. Ehh film and drive or nvm you get my point. Not to my liking. Practical or not. That is partly why I found the LS2 FF399 more to my liking. 

It does look a bit goofy, but it's got a certain something.😀. Aside from the fit. I was able to get it over my coconut. It felt great. Very light, almost like your not wearing anything. Great visibility. Cool look. I was truly disappointed that it didn't fit.  It's gone now. Returned it. Just got back in from the UPS store. 

Edited by Lutalo

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I bet the visor is removable on that helmet.  I have a different Bell helmet (Super 3R) and if you just undo the screws at the hinge points, the visor pops off.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radial said:

I bet the visor is removable on that helmet.  I have a different Bell helmet (Super 3R) and if you just undo the screws at the hinge points, the visor pops off.  

Yeah it can be removed, but For EUC riding it makes for a great sun visor. I am considering the Super 3R, now that I'm back in the market for a helmet. It strikes me as a Super DH without the detachable chinguard 😁👍

10 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Yeah it can be removed, but For EUC riding it makes for a great sun visor. I am considering the Super 3R, now that I'm back in the market for a helmet. It strikes me as a Super DH without the detachable chinguard 😁👍

The chin guard is also detachable on the 3R.  Between the two though, I would get the DH at this point if I was shopping.  It's kind of the new and improved 3R with got a higher level of safety certification, improved MIPS technology, and a less pinchy fit.  

41 minutes ago, radial said:

The chin guard is also detachable on the 3R.  Between the two though, I would get the DH at this point if I was shopping.  It's kind of the new and improved 3R with got a higher level of safety certification, improved MIPS technology, and a less pinchy fit.  

True. The BSDH is my summer helmet target. I mentioned in an earlier post that it was my Micheal Jordan and the BF9 was my Scottie Pippen. definitely the plan for my helmet. The BF9 is to be my colder weather helmet.

My earlier disappointment that I had to return the BF9 that arrived today has been somewhat allayed by the fact that I just ordered another BF9 in XXL from a different seller. This one has a "blocked" color pattern and is a 2017. From an aesthetic point of view I think that the Monochromatic designs are more appealing, but I just couldn't rationalize plunking down $450 for a .5lb weight difference for a helmet I that will give me one full year of wear time every 3 years. I am willing to invest more in my summer helmet because I expect from it double the wear time of the BF9 per year. The photo represents the BF9 I just purchased. 

51Jxgs583JL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Edited by Lutalo

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

The Bell Full 9 showed up today. They did not send the correct size:(. Too small for my fluffy head :D. So, she has got to back.  

IMG_20190110_180038.jpg

I own this helmet, and also took off the visor. It’s carbon fiber and it’s an amazingly light, I had to exchange it for a large, as this helmet runs small.  It’s a very safe helmet I use for my long range rides. Extremely happy with it.. When I bought it I was lucky to get it for $159.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I own this helmet, and also took off the visor. It’s carbon fiber and it’s an amazingly light, I had to exchange it for a large, as this helmet runs small.  It’s a very safe helmet I use for my long range rides. Extremely happy with it.. When I bought it I was lucky to get it for $159.

Cool. The one in the photo is a 2018 model that I found for about $180. I returned it because it was too small; XL and I need an XXL. I immediately purchased a 2017 model that I found for a similar price. They both weigh the same; 2.4lbs. Very light helmets. The Bell Super DH I am targeting as my summer helmet weighs in at something like 1lb; nice. Quite expensive though.

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

Silly you! Quack Quack Quack (imagine me doing the Donald D anger tantrum) :roflmao:

Personally I wouldn't go without it having a choice. While it won't save me from the low standing morning sun in my face, it sure as hell lessens the glare in visors/googles/glasses most of the time.. Given I am one of those vampires that squint in any light stronger than candlelight, anything that protects me from the sun glare is ON.

Quack quack quack.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Silly you! Quack Quack Quack (imagine me doing the Donald D anger tantrum) :roflmao:

Personally I wouldn't go without it having a choice. While it won't save me from the low standing morning sun in my face, it sure as hell lessens the glare in visors/googles/glasses most of the time.. Given I am one of those vampires that squint in any light stronger than candlelight, anything that protects me from the sun glare is ON.

Quack quack quack.

I wear prescription glasses when I ride as well. I used to wear contact lenses, but, for whatever reason, I grew lazy as time passed about inserting them before rides. Plus, my big eye glasses provides some windblocking :efef50e3ba:

I hadn't considered the glare protection for my eyeglasses, because previously I wore my monstrous motorcycle divers helmet, skate helmet, or no helmet at all; unspeakable and shameful as that is. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I wear prescription glasses when I ride as well. I used to wear contact lenses, but, for whatever reason, I grew lazy as time passed about inserting them before rides. Plus, my big eye glasses provides some windblocking :efef50e3ba:

I hadn't considered the glare protection for my eyeglasses, because previously I wore my monstrous motorcycle divers helmet, skate helmet, or no helmet at all; unspeakable and shameful as that is. :facepalm:

Well, on your head it is (pun intended) :D 

• Like 1

I think that I may have found my Micheal Jordan Helmet; the Nexx XR2. Get this. And It's a motorcycle helmet too. And, as a motorcycle rider I know that you just can't beat a motorcycle helmet for protection. Of course, this fact has also been illuminated and expounded upon many times in the heated discussions and raging debates on this forum on numerous occasions. 

Dudes. This Helmet is super Badass. Here are some details:

PROS

1. It's made in Portugal (Not stating this as a benefit necessaril,  just a fact)

2. It's a Carbon Fiber helmet

3. Fully certified

4. Racing helmet (aerodynamic)

5. Incorporates advanced ventilation and materials technology

6. Weighs 2.64 lbs (has the weight of a full face bicycle helmet). For comparison, the Bell Full 9, full face bicycle helmet I ordered weighs 2.4 lbs.

7. Lightest road motorcycle helmet available.

8. Comes in fluffy sizes

9. No peaks/visors. Good news for the peak averse among us :D.

10. I am going to look so good in this helmet, and not because my face will be covered🖕:efeed51798:.

CONS

1. Pricey. $600 bucks :shock2:. Gonna have to rob a bank for this one :eff01bbbfc:

X.R2_CARBON_PURE-WHITE-27168_2048x2048.gif

Edited by Lutalo

29 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

@Lutalo If it's about carbon fibre helmets and looking fierce, what about this?:

1630571012_Skarmavbild2019-01-17kl_09_40_59.thumb.png.5491e781554e96f0570aac7f913f20ae.png

Comes with a life time warranty of never ever getting any chicks! 

One'll probably achieve that by just riding an euc. On that thought, is anyone aware of a female euc rider on this planet.

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Scatcat said:

@Lutalo If it's about carbon fibre helmets and looking fierce, what about this?:

1630571012_Skarmavbild2019-01-17kl_09_40_59.thumb.png.5491e781554e96f0570aac7f913f20ae.png

Comes with a life time warranty of never ever getting any chicks! ;) 

I already look like that without a helmet, and I get all the chicks ;)

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

If we ever meet, remind me to bring my cattle prod... just in case. :ph34r:

Are you kidding me? :facepalm:Your cattle prod will be no match for my laser gun.:laughbounce2: I will bring that just in case:D

Edited by Lutalo

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

@YoshiSkySun at least it is a conversation starter. :roflmao:

@Lutalo Do I really want to know you, or will that be my death? :whistling:

Depends if you define yourself as a chick. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

No, it depends on whether I define him as a chick. And for the record, I do not. So don't run wild with that statement @Unventor :D:D:D

But you were gping to explore mountain and country side exploration trail rading right doing a @Marty Backe and @Seba with that new battery power bank? Once you have been out in the wild nature you will that lonely sensation like the charli chaplin movie where they cook soap on a shoe...anyone will be a chick at that point.

• Like 2