THE HELMET THREAD

1 hour ago, TremF said:

LOL I love it. Impressive, most impressive! ;) I could actually do the first picture - THE WHOLE THING!! lol 

This needs video - on the EUC, and with the cape: 

Your forum is waiting... 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

This needs video - on the EUC, and with the cape: 

Your forum is waiting... 

LOL As much as I'd like to see video too firstly the helmet isn't the best to see out of, safety first, and secondly the cape is quite long and could catch in the Monsters wheel (have you seen The Incredibles & what happens to those with capes?!? - No capes darling!) unless I get someone to hold it out until I set off and it can flow.

A mud guard would be easier & better alas, there isn't one yet. :( 

Hmmmm. MAYBE next year when it gets warmer and more importantly - dry - I'll give it a try lol I'll do the full setup inc the voice changer/breather, music & saber!  :D 

Edited by TremF
  • Like 2

Here is the uk Amazon link to the goggles I chose.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XV9N6MK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i also bought the yellow lenses as these silver ones cut a lot of light, and it winter here, so mostly gloomy, but these are big enough to fit glasses/sunglasses inside, so very accommodating.  Changing lenses is a bit of a faff.  If I had to do it again, I might go for the magnetic lens brand, but I think they were quite pricey.  Also a bit concerned that the lens would pop out on a hard impact.  

Well it turns out the magnetic lens goggles are cheaper. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074V61P5Z?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ovrl

doh! :facepalm:

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2017 at 11:52 PM, TremF said:

LOL As much as I'd like to see video too firstly the helmet isn't the best to see out of, safety first, and secondly the cape is quite long and could catch in the Monsters wheel (have you seen The Incredibles & what happens to those with capes?!? - No capes darling!) unless I get someone to hold it out until I set off and it can flow.

A mud guard would be easier & better alas, there isn't one yet. :( 

Hmmmm. MAYBE next year when it gets warmer and more importantly - dry - I'll give it a try lol I'll do the full setup inc the voice changer/breather, music & saber!  :D 

You must become one with your cape. :thumbup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Oswald Valentine-Lopez said:

Scorpion-Covert-Helmet-4__07928.14864772

I picked this up a while back but haven't worn it yet from not having a fast enough wheel to do so.

And it's hard because I was planning on a new wheel for summer and the Tesla would match so well but I really want the Monster.

I have some left over matte black vinyl i used on my current wheel I might use to wrap the monster.

That a cool looking helmet.  I bet it makes small children cry.  What are the details on it? 

I think , however it might clash with the plaid shirt.  In that picture you look like a storm trooper on his day off. 

Thats the problem with these all out helmets, the rest of the outfit needs to match the mood being portrayed. Imagine that helmet, or my helmet, , with a Santa suit. Yeah, weird is it. 

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The helmet is DOT and only a 3/4 I believe because those other pieces are snap on. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-covert-helmet

I agree about the storm trooper look (just seen they have a white version now), and by the way that's a stock product photo, not me. If i put that on I become someone else :ph34r:. I'd definitely dress the part when it comes to matching ride gear.

That plaid shirt is another one of their products, with kevlar for slides and spots for padding. Part of their covert series I believe. I usually wear all black and put lights(rear/safety) on myself.

Edited by Oswald Valentine-Lopez
add info
  • Like 1

You need the eps lined chin bar in a crash, or otherwise you get the protection of just a bicycle helmet. If you're going light go with a bicycle helmet otherwise go heavy with a proper full face helmet that has the closed visor system. 

Why is this so hard to comprehend? All these half assed solutions of lighter dirt bike style helmets require extra time putting on goggles and still don't give you the protection of a proper sport bike helmet. Which is also way cheaper. Better protection, cheaper, and doesn't have the ineffecient angles of Darth Vader helmets. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Oswald Valentine-Lopez said:

Scorpion-Covert-Helmet-4__07928.14864772

I picked this up a while back but haven't worn it yet from not having a fast enough wheel to do so.

And it's hard because I was planning on a new wheel for summer and the Tesla would match so well but I really want the Monster.

I have some left over matte black vinyl i used on my current wheel I might use to wrap the monster.

This is very cool :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2018 at 9:45 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

What wrist guards are you wearing? 

Those look like Demon Flexmeters peeking out from underneath those sleeves!

https://demonsnow.com/store/Flexmeter wrist guard

They could also be the double-sided variety;

https://demonsnow.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=337

Edited by dbfrese
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, looks like the double.  That's what I wear.  Highly recommended.

https://demonsnow.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=337

I got mine when they were on sale at REI.  But you can find them on Amazon and elsewhere.

These provide so much more security than some of the cheap wrist guards.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

They are a flipping pain to put on under that jacket, and take off too. 

You need to use Ironman’s method when putting gear on.   :) 

38704855520_84bf255856_b.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You need to use Ironman’s method when putting gear on.   :) 

38704855520_84bf255856_b.jpg

That and the helmet would be fricking awesome.  Sorry chaps, I'm plum out of likes today.  I'm just too damn appreciative for my own good. :)

• Like 1