speed restrictions will they lock the speed when imported?

Shad0z

my freind lives in denmark he is thinking of buying a kingsong that can go around 35kph but in his contry they just made rules for eucs

they are restricted to Only 20kph

but the question is will they lock a imported buy from aliexpress wheel to 20kph so you cant change it back?

he really wants those 30 kph 

as i can see when he buys it in denmark they will be restriced to 20 kph 

but if he irdered it from aliexpress what then? Will it be restricted or not?

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

but the question is will they lock a imported buy from aliexpress wheel to 20kph so you cant change it back?

he really wants those 30 kph 

To put it quite bluntly: why on earth would aliexpress give a damn?. They will not know, neither will they care in the least what the rules are in any given country. On top of that, who is to say the user intends to use it on public roads, they might have a huge property or be intending to start a race series on a private racing circuit, etc, etc.

Bottom line is that in most countries it is down to the buyer to ensure they meet any legal requirements - not the seller. Ferrari don’t get taken to task, or expected to speed limit their cars, when one of their cars is driven at 200km/h on a max 80km/h road.

Of course it is possible, but unlikely, that it could get seized by customs on country entry, but again they do not know the user isn’t going to use it on private ground.

The main threat that the user faces is how well the law is policed? You can bet it will be strongly enforced if an accident happens. If he is caught going at 30kph then, not knowing the law in Denmark, I can guess it will be treated as a motorbike and the rider prosecuted for no licence, insurance, vehicle plate, motorcycle helmet, etc, etc.

Buyer beware, as they often say!

Of course, the police also have to know what, for many of them, will be a fairly obscure law, and not have better things to do at the time!

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Sounds like your friend's problem to me :D

he is one of those smartasses who dont know a shit 

and i also dont want him to buy one just to get it restricted...

1 hour ago, Keith said:

To put it quite bluntly: why on earth would aliexpress give a damn?. They will not know, neither will they care in the least what the rules are in any given country. On top of that, who is to say the user intends to use it on public roads, they might have a huge property or be intending to start a race series on a private racing circuit, etc, etc.

Bottom line is that in most countries it is down to the buyer to ensure they meet any legal requirements - not the seller. Ferrari don’t get taken to task, or expected to speed limit their cars, when one of their cars is driven at 200km/h on a max 80km/h road.

Of course it is possible, but unlikely, that it could get seized by customs on country entry, but again they do not know the user isn’t going to use it on private ground.

The main threat that the user faces is how well the law is policed? You can bet it will be strongly enforced if an accident happens. If he is caught going at 30kph then, not knowing the law in Denmark, I can guess it will be treated as a motorbike and the rider prosecuted for no licence, insurance, vehicle plate, motorcycle helmet, etc, etc.

Buyer beware, as they often say!

Of course, the police also have to know what, for many of them, will be a fairly obscure law, and not have better things to do at the time!

ok i will tell him 
he doesnt research anything himself 
im just helping out 

Not sure how the law is written but for most vehicles they just tell you a speed limit. They do not actually require that the vehicle cannot go faster than that. It is the operator's job to be sure they do not go above the speed limit. That is made pretty easy on most wheels since they have adjustable limits for the audio and tilt-back.

Archived