Kudays

Spherical Tires for EUC

Hello All,

People usually ask me about how can i stand in balance while riding my euc. I have recently heard about spherical tires for cars. But this can be better for a euc bcs one can never lost his/her balance. Of course, for such a modification, EUCs have to upgrade their gyroscopic circuits. I just wanted to ask if this modification is simple or not? What do you think? Is this the future?

1 hour ago, Kudays said:

Is this the future?

I only consider levitating as the future.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11 December 2017 at 10:37 AM, z3n said:

I only consider levitating as the future.

You mean like a hoverboard ? 

55 minutes ago, Kudays said:

You mean like a hoverboard ? 

Like this:

• Like 1

I like the tire design of Honda. But i cannot say the same thing for Honda U3-X. Why do they insist on sitting for a ride? It is like you need to poo on the toilet while riding somewhere! Not cool.  

Anyway, Honda still trying their unicycle prototype with this new model: (What do you think?)

Edited by Kudays
  • Like 1

I have seen a balancing robot using something similar online once. It used a spherical  induction motor to allow rotation in all directions.

I have seen the future... and it ain't pretty! :laughbounce2:

hqdefault.jpg.605961983e32d00534632406d4fafa38.jpg

Dream or nightmare?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Anyways, omni-directional driving wheel of Honda can be used for EUC. It would be a great modification imagining that a thin wheel can provide its self balance. It would help new riders and  one can keep its balance while standing on the wheel.

On 2017-12-26 at 2:50 AM, Kudays said:

I like the tire design of Honda. But i cannot say the same thing for Honda U3-X. Why do they insist on sitting for a ride? It is like you need to poo on the toilet while riding somewhere! Not cool.  

Anyway, Honda still trying their unicycle prototype with this new model: (What do you think?)

A top speed of 6kph and a range of 6km.  That’s the best they can come up with? That’s less than a kid’s hoverboard. 

On 1/29/2018 at 9:32 PM, RooMiniPro said:

Why do they insist on sitting for a ride? It is like you need to poo on the toilet while riding somewhere! Not cool.

...and yet, Honda (and other Japanese motorcycle manufacturers) are working hard to make that dream a reality. :pooping:potty25n-2-web.jpg.9c42f11ba3f2222736b1fca9cbe9b268.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/29/2018 at 8:32 PM, RooMiniPro said:

A top speed of 6kph and a range of 6km.  That’s the best they can come up with? That’s less than a kid’s hoverboard. 

Unicub?  The name alone is odd.  But the Honda quality shines through.  The slow speed is probably a good thing, as this seems to be for older people.  6km @6kmh would be great for some people.

Edited by steve454

And why would you think older people would want to go slower?

Careful what you say, there are a lot of us older people on here! :)

• Like 3