how not to piss of people online? U_U

Shad0z

i always end up online and in real life 

pissing people off, giving the wrong impression and gennerally being akward in this forum lately i was close to getting a lot of people angry because i typed i need money but i will get there soon

and they thought i was asking for money

but i wasnt and i gave off the wrong impression and one guy just straight out said "youre full of shit" when i made an apology 

yeah it not going good with me and other people :ph34r:

any tips? ;) i really need some improvemts here

Just be yourself and genuine.  There's always people you will encounter who don't like you, don't understand you, or appreciate you even if you're Mother Teresa.  It's kinda like school.  Did you like each and every one of your schoolmates and vice versa?

You're just a young gun with a quick fuse.  Maybe a little uptight, just wanting to let loose.  You're just dreaming of bigger things and wanting to leave your old Mini-Pro behind.  Don't be a yes man and a follower.   :whistling:  Worry less about others and be yourself.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love is right....’Be yourself’. Also try double checking  your post before submitting reply. We have all angered members at some point. Actually @Hunka Hunka Burning Love more than me. :P Usually an apology works as most members are forgiving. Hang in there! 

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love is right....’Be yourself’. Also try double checking  your post before submitting reply. We have all angered members at some point. Actually @Hunka Hunka Burning Love more than me. :P Usually an apology works as most members are forgiving. Hang in there! 

Ha ha... @Hunka Hunka Burning Love more than anyone (which is why we had him neutered). 

Seriously though. Just relax and be yourself. This forum is one of the friendliest and open l have found! Eclectic, but genuine - so be who you are and enjoy it. 

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Just be yourself and genuine.  There's always people you will encounter who don't like you, don't understand you, or appreciate you even if you're Mother Teresa.  It's kinda like school.  Did you like each and every one of your schoolmates and vice versa?

You're just a young gun with a quick fuse.  Maybe a little uptight, just wanting to let loose.  You're just dreaming of bigger things and wanting to leave your old Mini-Pro behind.  Don't be a yes man and a follower.   :whistling:  Worry less about others and 

nice music it kind of is relatable and the other half is totally un relatably but i understand

but im more into music with no vocals but i mean it good enough;)

i dont have a short fuse i actually have a veeery long one

if it comes to anger but 

but when it comes to my problems and depression

it can spill out :mellow:

but the problem i see is when im myself around other people they will see me as this cold hearted, no emotions mysterious person walking around and doing my own bussiness

so i try to push myself a little in social situation and its there it goes down hill :ph34r:

(i cant evade from every situation it is just everyday life)

and my minipro is gone the hall sensor stopped working :unsure: now i cant sell it but i will see wst i can do if i can fix it

aww now i see what you did you changed the lyrics a bit in your comment :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I usually quadrouple check my posts

buut it can begin to work the opposite

:P

56 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

I usually quadrouple check my posts

buut it can begin to work the opposite

:P

The other bottom line to this is English is not your first language, but you are conversing in English. My take on this has always been that your English is a damn sight better than my Russian, French, German, whatever so who am I to be critical of the way you are phrasing stuff 

Indeed to put this into perspective, for many years I had an American boss in New York, whilst I was in London and it was astonishing how often she could not understand me, or misunderstood me, and I do not mean accent. There are an astonishing number of English words, Americans never use: fortnight, lorry, invigilator, free health care (sorry just joking on that one!) etc, etc. Worst are the words that have completely different meanings in America like fanny, pants, bum, etc. So if an American and Brit can struggle sometimes to communicate, as a Russian I reckon you are doing damn well!

33 minutes ago, Keith said:

The other bottom line to this is English is not your first language, but you are conversing in English. My take on this has always been that your English is a damn sight better than my Russian, French, German, whatever so who am I to be critical of the way you are phrasing stuff 

Indeed to put this into perspective, for many years I had an American boss in New York, whilst I was in London and it was astonishing how often she could not understand me, or misunderstood me, and I do not mean accent. There are an astonishing number of English words, Americans never use: fortnight, lorry, invigilator, free health care (sorry just joking on that one!) etc, etc. Worst are the words that have completely different meanings in America like fanny, pants, bum, etc. So if an American and Brit can struggle sometimes to communicate, as a Russian I reckon you are doing damn well!

thanks i  practised a lot with this english using english websites, english forums  ^_^

and one thing about usa i dont understand like you is: 

they allow guns and make you pay for healthcare. . .

what is this some kind of joke??? :blink1:

you get shot by a criminal

now you have to pay big money

not the criminal???? :huh:

4 hours ago, Keith said:

Imagine marrying your boss... OK...don't imagine that... Imagine marrying an American. God, the number of 'lost in translation' events that happen daily drive is both mad! Lucky we love each other...and of course she is THE BOSS. 

5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i dont have a short fuse i actually have a veeery long onei f it comes to anger but when it comes to my problems and depression it can spill out :mellow: but the problem i see is when im myself around other people they will see me as this cold hearted, no emotions mysterious person walking around and doing my own business  so i try to push myself a little in social situation and its there it goes down hill :ph34r:

(i cant evade from every situation it is just everyday life)

It has been suggested that you are quite young. If so then I can see you being how I was in my teens. I would even worry about getting a haircut because I didn't know what to say while in the chair. I'd hate meeting new people as I would be so worried about trying to be 'normal' I would end up making a fool of myself and then I'd berate myself over it for days afterwards. 

If I could offer you one bit of advice it would be too 'just be you'. Accept who you are and what you like and don't force things that are uncomfortable. We are all different in our own way and not all of us can be outgoing social butterflies. It is OK to be you as long as that doesn't hurt others. As soon as I accepted that and stopped trying to be something I wasn't life got a lot easier and as I was less stressed about it all surprisingly I dealt with the previously uncomfortable situations much better. 

It is ok to be 'you'. Don't worry about what others think. You've nothing to prove to them. If they don't like you then find others who do. 

7 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Imagine marrying your boss... OK...don't imagine that... Imagine marrying an American. God, the number of 'lost in translation' events that happen daily drive is both mad! Lucky we live each other...and of course she is THE BOSS. 

I like "fooking" with my American GF.  I tell her, very seriously, that she's pronouncing a certain word, incorrectly, and give a fake etymological reason why; including Roman and Greek roots, etc.  One day I convinced her that in Football (American) "punt" is pronounced "poont".   Now, she's a big football fan, and knows ALL the rules, etc, but she's gullible ( to me, at least).  SO she goes home to the States and during a big game explains to all her football experts friends and family, the word is pronounced "poont".  They look at her in shock, then ask where she heard that. She tells them it was me.  That's when they explain she's been had.  She turns red as a beetroot, and feels silly, for ever believing me.  You should hear the language in our next phone call. Usually start with "You piece of shit" It's priceless.  Its a joke that takes over a week to get a payoff, but its worth it.

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

It has been suggested that you are quite young. If so then I can see you being how I was in my teens. I would even worry about getting a haircut because I didn't know what to say while in the chair. I'd hate meeting new people as I would be so worried about trying to be 'normal' I would end up making a fool of myself and then I'd berate myself over it for days afterwards. 

If I could offer you one bit of advice it would be too 'just be you'. Accept who you are and what you like and don't force things that are uncomfortable. We are all different in our own way and not all of us can be outgoing social butterflies. It is OK to be you as long as that doesn't hurt others. As soon as I accepted that and stopped trying to be something I wasn't life got a lot easier and as I was less stressed about it all surprisingly I dealt with the previously uncomfortable situations much better. 

It is ok to be 'you'. Don't worry about what others think. You've nothing to prove to them. If they don't like you then find others who do. 

imagine what you remembered and then being very introverted and not like anyone else

and i dont want my age to generalize me on these forums 

i have ahd a lot of experience with "generalizing"

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

imagine what you remembered and then being very introverted and not like anyone else

Trust me. I was and am still highly introverted. But accepting myself for who I was made dealing with the inevitable social aspect of life easier. 

It gets better as you age too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful and try not to aim your message against local law or prevailing opinion.

And in Iran...if you are Muslim...don't forget about wearing a head scarf if you are a woman.... and don't dance in public with the opposite sex

First violation was a 91 lashes penalty and up to a year in jail if they post the video topic with disrespect for the laws of Iran again. Suspended sentence for this group.....but 91 lashes for another offense.

Looks normal but......

Suspended sentence announcement.

4 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Be careful and try not to aim your message against local law or prevailing opinion.

And in Iran...if you are Muslim...don't forget about wearing a head scarf if you are a woman.... and don't dance in public with the opposite sex

First violation was a 91 lashes penalty and up to a year in jail if they post the video topic with disrespect for the laws of Iran again. Suspended sentence for this group.....but 91 lashes for another offense.

Looks normal but......

Suspended sentence announcement.

:mellow:Whaat????? 

im just asking about general online and western not to do stuff not to end up saying something that sound weird and im not saying anithing that could be co troversial topic its just some cultural stuff and general introverted issues on how to act around people especially using google translate sometimes and being from different culture

i dont need a how to be muslim guide :P

and muslim percentage here in russia is 00.1% and in this city 00000000.1 never even seen one in this city...

14 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

Whaat????? 

You are right.   I just took advantage of you topic thread to post an outrageous (Western standards) Iranian legal challenge to on of my favorite YouTube topics (Happy we are ....by Pharrell Williams).

There is a growing muslim population in the Boston area. Dress like the hijab brings attention to their presence while doing normal jobs in the area.

10 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

You are right.   I just took advantage of you topic thread to post an outrageous (Western standards) Iranian legal challenge to on of my favorite YouTube topics (Happy we are ....by Pharrell Williams).

There is a growing muslim population in the Boston area. Dress like the hijab brings attention to their presence while doing normal jobs in the area.

._. ?

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2017 at 4:13 AM, Shad0z said:

thanks i  practised a lot with this english using english websites, english forums  ^_^

and one thing about usa i dont understand like you is: 

they allow guns and make you pay for healthcare. . .

what is this some kind of joke??? :blink1:

you get shot by a criminal

now you have to pay big money

not the criminal???? :huh:

One of our great founding father Thomas Jefferson once said "Armed society is polite society."  Think about that statement.

2 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

One of our great founding father Thomas Jefferson once said "Armed society is polite society."  Think about that statement.

Basically people dont do anything stupid of the fear of getting shot? 

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Bingo, it takes good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun.  Here in Utah we have concealed carry so no one knows who has one.

7 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Every time we hear a story where good guy or lady puts down bad guy doing something stupid is a feel good story.  We have one of the highest clinically mentally ill people per cap in U.S. yet we have very few incidences.  The teachers at the schools have the option to carry concealed here.  Even the police are very polite.  

On 5/18/2018 at 11:02 PM, Mark Lee said:

"Armed society is polite society." 

Actually that quote is from Robert Heinlein, from one of his novels, "Beyond this Horizon." 

1 hour ago, dbfrese said:

Actually that quote is from Robert Heinlein, from one of his novels, "Beyond this Horizon." 

I stand corrected.:facepalm:  Thanks, I love his books. :cheers:

Archived