Ignoring Entire Threads?

I know you can choose to ignore users if desired but is there a way to ignore particular threads (not specific to a particular user) so they don't appear in the Unread page.

A good example is so that posts to threads in other languages are not listed.

It would also be interesting to be able to ignore entire forum categories too if desired although I've no real use for that right now.

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I know you can choose to ignore users if desired but is there a way to ignore particular threads (not specific to a particular user) so they don't appear in the Unread page.

A good example is so that posts to threads in other languages are not listed.

It would also be interesting to be able to ignore entire forum categories too if desired although I've no real use for that right now.

Haven't tried this because I don't know if it can be reversed, but what happens if you hit the mark as read button at the top right of a thread?  I wonder if it disappears until the next new post, or everything disappears and new posts don't show up from that point on?

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Haven't tried this because I don't know if it can be reversed, but what happens if you hit the mark as read button at the top right of a thread?  I wonder if it disappears until the next new post, or everything disappears and new posts don't show up from that point on?

I can only see the "Mark Site Read" option which I often use to clear the Unread page when I am done with all the content I am interested in. This is not persistent though and any new post will add the affected thread to the unread list again (which is how I'd expect it to work). This button affects all threads in all categories across the whole site.

I'm looking to see if there is the option to basically prevent a particular thread from ever appearing again in Unread (excluded from the General forum view is fine too) even if anyone (ignored or otherwise) posts to it.

It's not the end of the world if not. Just a QoL thing to save seeing threads I either can't understand due to the language barrier or threads that just go on and on and on with little to no actual value.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:19 PM, WARPed1701D said:

I can only see the "Mark Site Read" option which I often use to clear the Unread page when I am done with all the content I am interested in. This is not persistent though and any new post will add the affected thread to the unread list again (which is how I'd expect it to work). This button affects all threads in all categories across the whole site.

I'm looking to see if there is the option to basically prevent a particular thread from ever appearing again in Unread (excluded from the General forum view is fine too) even if anyone (ignored or otherwise) posts to it.

It's not the end of the world if not. Just a QoL thing to save seeing threads I either can't understand due to the language barrier or threads that just go on and on and on with little to no actual value.

Say it ain't so. What do you have against @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ;)

On 2017-12-09 at 3:19 PM, WARPed1701D said:

... or threads that just go on and on and on with little to no actual value.

Value is such a subjective thing.  For instance, one might highly value their testicles and avoid being neutered at all costs.  They might consider them priceless not to be  sold for any amount of money.

On the other hand, what is the actual market value for human testicles on the open market?  Likely not very high, but then again, upon loss during military service, each testicle can be compensated for at the cost of $25,000 per unit according to Time magazine so there actually is a value placed on them in a specific circumstance.

http://nation.time.com/2011/12/07/how-much-is-your-testicle-or-ovary-worth/

Just because certain individuals wish to dangle their posts out there for the world to see doesn't mean the content has no apparent value.  Should one cut these threads off without giving them some consideration and due respect?  :efef927839:

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Value is such a subjective thing.  For instance, one might highly value their testicles and avoid being neutered at all costs.  They might consider them priceless not to be  sold for any amount of money.

On the other hand, what is the actual market value for human testicles on the open market?  Likely not very high, but then again, upon loss during military service, each testicle can be compensated for at the cost of $25,000 per unit according to Time magazine so there actually is a value placed on them in a specific circumstance.

http://nation.time.com/2011/12/07/how-much-is-your-testicle-or-ovary-worth/

Just because certain individuals wish to dangle their posts out there for the world to see doesn't mean the content has no apparent value.  Should one cut these threads off without giving them some consideration and due respect?  :efef927839:

You've got balls! :roflmao:

34 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think mine are extremely valuable... If they aren't, why would Mrs. Fat Unicyclist keep them in a jar on her bedside table? 

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Well if I can't read them as they are a foreign language I can't really give them much consideration but other possible targets  are a few other threads that have had way too much of my consideration and are just a waste of my life with the same irrelevant (to me) crap being posted over and over again. I can just ignore them if course but I like tidy and efficient so if I could easily hide them I'd be all the happier for it. 

Archived