If Skateboards Can Do This Why Not EUCs?

Rehab1

I found this awesome story where some guys mounted a custom painter sprayer with an electronic interface to the bottom of their skateboards. They then rode their skateboards around this blank palette of a pool shell to create some stunning geometric shapes and patterns. 

25054407298_3e5f55b7f4_b.jpg

This is a photo of the sprayer mounted beneath the skateboard. The sprayer is controlled with a wireless transmitter.

25054426458_814f18e1a2_b.jpg

I thought to myself why can’t this exciting technolgy be adapted to an EUC? We certainly can weave in and out and spin geometric circles with our EUCs. But to make colorful creative designs that prople can see and appreciate will require a similar type of paint sprayer. Being that I love challenges  I have been working on my own custom sprayer unit that is being fitted to my Mten3. It will have wireless RC circuitry designed to operate a solenoid switch that will engage the sprayer on demand. The system will run on 12v. With the remaining parts arriving in a few days I hope to be painting by Christmas 

38890225372_1339377385_b.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I found this awesome story where some guys mounted a custom painter sprayer with an electronic interface to the bottom of their skateboards. They then rode their skateboards around this blank palette of a pool shell to create some stunning geometric shapes and patterns. 

25054407298_3e5f55b7f4_b.jpg

This is a photo of the sprayer mounted beneath the skateboard. The sprayer is controlled with a wireless transmitter.

25054426458_814f18e1a2_b.jpg

I thought to myself why can’t this exciting technolgy be adapted to an EUC? We certainly can weave in and out and spin geometric circles with our EUCs. But to make colorful creative designs that prople can see and appreciate will require a similar type of paint sprayer. Being that I love challenges  I have been working on my own custom sprayer unit that is being fitted to my Mten3. It will have wireless RC circuitry designed to operate a solenoid switch that will engage the sprayer on demand. The system will run on 12v. With the remaining parts arriving in a few days I hope to be painting by Christmas 

38890225372_1339377385_b.jpg

I love your mad scientist experiments :cheers:

Um, although I admire the spirit and innovative thinking, we call this sort of thing "vandalism" or "graffiti" or "drunkin' ghetto spyrographing" in these parts.  Still, it does tempt me to don a backpack tank with yellow paint to make me some custom EUC riding lanes on the main roads while on my Tesla!  :w00t2:

6 hours ago, who_the said:

Wow @Rehab1 you have outdone yourself with the concept and ingenuity of this rig! Fabulous. Now... who wants to volunteer their pool?

....Or sidewalk, driveway, parking lot;) I will be using caulk paint so it easily washes off. 

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

THAT ROCKS!

l can see it now... Finishing all your videos with a  DJI aerial shot, where you literally sign off! Awesome! 

Get idea! :) Yes I will be using Mavic to record my attempts to create child appearance drawings. 

5 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I can see myself drawing a gigantic penis in front of Starbucks. Am I the only who immediately thought that upon reading this post? 

I take it you dislike Starbuck’s:dribble: coffee. Drawing a penis is not on my agenda but I’m sure some of my rudimentary drawings will contain unanticipated sexual overtures.  :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I love your mad scientist experiments :cheers:

Thanks @Marty Backe. With my family  recently being diminished by 2  I needed to find some relief. 

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Um, although I admire the spirit and innovative thinking, we call this sort of thing "vandalism" or "graffiti" or "drunkin' ghetto gyroscoping" in these parts.  Still, it does tempt me to don a backpack tank with yellow paint to make me some custom EUC riding lanes on the main roads while on my Tesla!  :w00t2:

You could easily get away with your yellow graffiti lines since the volumes of daily Canadian snow will quickly dissipate any evidence. Just remember ‘Don’t eat the yellow snow!’:laughbounce2:

1 hour ago, FULspeed said:

Ha ha, this seems to me just an evolution of the below painting machine, those guys have a guaranteed job  :laughbounce2:

I can’t imagine having a boring tedious job like that.  :sleep1:Unfortunately for the worker painting traffic lines will eventually be performed by an unmanned machine with GPS guidance. 

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I can guess who drew this... :rolleyes:

Great talent! ;) Took some time to find what you were referring to. Looks like @LanghamP may have had his hand in this :P

25074074748_c3666ea553_b.jpg

Some might define creativity as having the power to create. But what is created? Is it something entirely new? Or is it something that is, well, simply refined and modified? Either way, how does one arrive at one’s creation? Ya do it by creating a new reality, doin something for the first time and or by doing it somewhere it ain't been done before...Imo.

Round "these parts" we call it ART. :whistling: 

The Mten sprayer is coming along. I’ve installed a 12 V solenoid to activate the sprayer. My wireless remote control relay was defective so once a new one arrives on Wednesday it should ready to go. With snow arriving it should be fun riding around on the lawn creating ugly art.:) 

7 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Who would want to (skateboard OR EUC) run over wet paint all day? SOunds messy and not fun. 

Maybe if you rode very far from home and weren't exactly paying attention,

you could then find your way back by just following your mess!

Then others could also follow you home and perhaps bitch you out for painting up their sidewalks and bushes. <_<

36 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The Mten sprayer is coming along. I’ve installed a 12 V solenoid to activate the sprayer. My wireless remote control relay was defective so once a new one arrives on Wednesday it should ready to go. With snow arriving it should be fun riding around on the lawn creating ugly art.:) 

Very cool. BTW, I notice that this is mounted to the 'front' of your wheel. When you actually use it you're going to ride backward I assume otherwise I hate to see what happens to the tire and insides of the wheel :D

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool. BTW, I notice that this is mounted to the 'front' of your wheel. When you actually use it you're going to ride backward I assume otherwise I hate to see what happens to the tire and insides of the wheel :D

Or if it caught the ground. Snap! Faceplant! 

36 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Who would want to (skateboard OR EUC) run over wet paint all day? SOunds messy and not fun. 

@Rehab1 already mentioned that he'll be spraying chalk paint - so it's just for some goofy (mad scientist) fun :D 

3 hours ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

Maybe if you rode very far from home and weren't exactly paying attention,

you could then find your way back by just following your mess!

Then others could also follow you home and perhaps bitch you out for painting up their sidewalks and bushes. <_<

LOL...If I rode in the land of  @Marty Backe I probably would need some guidance to get home.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It can also be mounted in the back as well or I can pivot the whole unit so it paints off to the side. It is mounted to a standard  GoPro quick release. I still need a tether strap for security. 

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Or if it caught the ground. Snap! Faceplant! 

I only plan to paint going 2- 3 MPH. Hopefully I stay vertical if something happens.;)

Archived