V3Pro: can't connect smartphone audio via bluetooth

brianle

So I went to try it with my phone again, and found my phone, a relatively new Galaxy S8 to be completely battery-dead, power read literally 0% when I plugged it in. I've never had that happen before --- don't recall the battery going down below maybe 30% ever. And recall the phone being pretty well charged very early this morning when I was messing with it.   Possible that the bluetooth stayed connected to the V3Pro and some bogosity in their access sucked it dry?!?   Can't think of anything else that would do that.      Insufficient data to know, but quite a coincidence if it's something else.

Anyway, I need to recharge the phone some to try again.

Sorry for misleading....

Thats real new knowledge than...now the v3 onky needs a faster motor and bigger batterie and it destroys the compet then :-)

no, serious: Mea culpa....

So my wheel DOES play music.  Jason's suggestion was spot on --- there are two different bluetooth V3 connections, one for data, one for music ("audio").  Either I just didn't see the second one (wasn't looking) or it wasn't there until some sort of sufficient fiddling with the app occurred, but I paired that one and it DID connect, and voila --- music coming out of my EUC.   Not like I expect to use this much if at all.  Maybe once when friends come over to see it just for a gee-whiz thing, to sort of add to the surreal nature of it all for them.

So InMotion DOES provide what they marketed.  They just really (really) suck at the combination of documentation and app creation (and app quality control and usability testing and ...).    Sadly, I'm getting the sense from reading this forum generally that this is the norm for EUCs.    Making iPhone and Android apps ain't their forte.

Thanks all for your ideas and interaction!

On 12/2/2017 at 10:08 PM, brianle said:

So InMotion DOES provide what they marketed.  They just really (really) suck at the combination of documentation and app creation (and app quality control and usability testing and ...). 

The speakers on the V3Pro are simply brilliant, it's proper boombox with 10W speakers, reverb chamber, excellent bass. The King Song's speakers are play-things by comparison

It's such a pity Inmotion prematurely killed off this terrific product. It was never properly marketed the way the Segway MiniPro was.

If they allowed the V3S (with the big 40 cell pack) to compete on an equal footing with the MiniPro, tweaking the speed to a more exhilarating 25kph, there would undoubtedly be a lot more converts transitioning from the twin-to-single Wheel. To my knowledge there's not many MiniPro Customers going onto the Unicycle, despite the many tens-of-thousands that have been sold.

34 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The speakers on the V3Pro are simply brilliant, it's proper boombox with 10W speakers, reverb chamber, excellent bass. The King Song's speakers are play-things by comparison

It's such a pity Inmotion prematurely killed off this terrific product. It was never properly marketed the way the Segway MiniPro was.

If they allowed the V3S (with the big 40 cell pack) to compete on an equal footing with the MiniPro, tweaking the speed to a more exhilarating 25kph, there would undoubtedly be a lot more converts transitioning from the twin-to-single Wheel. To my knowledge there's not many MiniPro Customers going onto the Unicycle, despite the many tens-of-thousands that have been sold.

I always liked the features and looks of the V3.  Good to hear that the speakers are so well designed.

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

It does seem to me that a dual-wheel unit has a niche, just because people perceive EUCs to be so hard to ride.  I've watched four different people try the V3Pro now, with quite a scale from "This is really hard, will take a long time to learn" to "wow, I'm already up and riding".  But if you have an area to learn in where making tight turns isn't an issue, I think a dual wheel unit is great.

Last night a few of us walked a few blocks uphill in the dark to hopefully see the rising of the "super moon" (clouds --> hopes dashed).  At the last minute I decided I would ride up there instead, and without question picked the V3 Pro.  Because (a) going uphill and later downhill in the dark, I felt more confident with the stability of the two wheels), and (b) the dual wheel unit was easier to use to accompany people on foot.

Another little example: my wife and daughter and I went out for about a 1.5 mile walk around a local lake a couple of days ago, and I opted to ride, again, on the V3Pro as it was easy to go their speed.  Multiple people stopped to comment (of course).  One couple in particular were really interested, and interested in particular due to the dual wheel design.  So I think your comments viz a viz the Minipro are right on.  Well, at least based on that one highly statistically valid sample.  :-)

I totally agree that the V3S would have been a great thing, and indeed with a higher speed and at least a slightly more powerful motor.  Of course this would be heavier, but I think worth that trade-off.  

Well, and of course, invest some money not just in hardware, but in *software* design and testing, per above.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:35 PM, outcast00096 said:

I have one. It plays music. In fact, it steals my music from my headphones at times if someone is riding it. I have to disconnect it to make it not steal my music and broadcast it.

I noticed once again tonight that my phone was connected to bluetooth audio with my V3Pro.  Last time I had seen that, I had explicitly turned off this bluetooth connection.

So per Outcast00096's comment above, it seems to me that this is another bit of InMotion software bogosity --- just turning on the unicycle when it's in range of my (bluetooth paired) smartphone connects the bluetooth audio.  Which is what I think drained my phone battery the other day, itself an amazing and bogus thing.

So I just unpaired the V3 audio.  If I ever want music on it again, I guess I'll have to pair it to use and then unpair it right afterwards because I do NOT trust the V3Pro not to drain my phone battery again.

FYI anyway, sort of in the "be careful what you wish for" department, eh? :)

Archived