Does any one have the new 2018 edition of the miniPro (MiniPro 260)?

I'm very surprised to see the &*$#@s at Segway/Ninebot have reduced the battery capacity of the MiniPro to 236Wh. They clain you only loose 2 miles in range. Sounds like BS, unless they also increased the stock charger in the US to 63V to make up for the extra loss. This may be a dishonest way to make the new Mini-Plus look better in terms of specs.

Wondering if anyone has the new 2018 model and can check the specs for the charger?

Anyone that is looking to buy a MiniPro would be wise to get the MiniPro 320, and the aftermarket charger instead.

This seems to be one of the most bungled products i've had experience with.

isn't the minipro the 9bot mini which they were selling all along?  I remember the 9bot mini(non adjustable control stalk) having about the same range as the segway minipro (extendable control stalk with quick release).  the reason being the bigger battery on the segway is used for brick protection.  it doesn't allow you to charge to 100%, whereas the 9bot does, hence the range is about the same.

Edited by eddiemoy

We have already talked about N3M260, but too, i'm surprised it's selling only now in US

14/09/2016

image.png

CHINA: MINI PRO N3M260 AVAILABLE FOR SALE 346 EUROS!

Direct link to Xiaomi Store online for this Mini Pro N3M260 http://mall.ninebot.cn/goods.php?id=57

When I discovered the existence of a third model of Mini, Mini Pro N3M260, with identical specs to the Xiaomi Mini, I designed a scheme entitled "how to make a N3M260 Mini Pro? At the bottom of this page to see >>> about MINI PRO-N3M260 NINEBOT / SEGWAY

image.png

Coincidentally, the Chinese site Xiaomi has the same schema ??

image.jpg
image.png

So the Chinese rumor speaking of a new model was confirmed, unfortunately for them, they have a right to model with the characteristics of Xiaomi Mini, customized in a Mini Pro, without any technical improvements.

It is currently sold 2598 yuan or 346 euros.

To recall, the Mini Xiaomi sold 1999 yuan or 265 euros! Cheap customization ?

Needless to invite you to the utmost caution if you plan to buy a Mini Pro N3M320 (5700mAh battery) directly from China, you might receive this intermediate model (4400mAh battery) see pictures grid specs

Indeed, not only was right to false Mini Xiaomi currently on the market, but also sold fake high price of the Mini Pro which are in reality of Xiaomi customized.

Edited by jojo33

It does appear that the older Chinese 260 version is the one they are now calling the MiniPro260 or on some sites the "2018 Edition".  

The question still stands though, has someone bought one of the new ones that can check specs on the charger?  

I guess liquidating the unsold orginal Chinese model inventory now in the US is their slimy business approach advertising it as the new 2018 Edition. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/15/2017 at 9:56 AM, Vik's said:

Seems to be the same charger that was included with 320 US version too. EU Versions are 63v

It doesn't make much difference in output in fact: EU is 63V*1.9A~120W power and US 59.5V*2.0A~120W - so both do the same job in the same amount of time with just slightly different V vs A parameters: EU V > US V but US A > EU A - math is the same.

4 hours ago, MacGary said:

It doesn't make much difference in output in fact: EU is 63V*1.9A~120W power and US 59.5V*2.0A~120W - so both do the same job in the same amount of time with just slightly different V vs A parameters: EU V > US V but US A > EU A - math is the same.

Er, not really. In fact, the 59.5V charger puts about 25% less charge into the batteries than a 64V charger does. By charging a battery to only 4.0V per cell you reduce the risk of fire and increase the cycle life (the number of times you can charge the battery). But if you want the longest range, you need to use the 64V charger. I have both, and I normally charge my 310Wh miniPRO battery just to 59.5V, but if I am going on a longer ride I will use the 64V charger to 'top it up'. I use a 64V US charger I got from More4Mini.

Look at Table 4 on this webpage:

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries