I just got my KS16S and it's awesome!

enGate

Hi Guys. I just got my KS16S and I was so happy after a 30km ride! It is way stronger than my Inmotion V8. I got couple of questions for the experienced KS riders:

What Cycling mode should I use? (Medium/Hard) I live in Hungary where the roads are really bad.I don't wanna stress the motor.Does it help if I switch it from hard to medium?

What is the safe speed for this wheel? I went into a lot of bumps what I didn't notice with almost max speed and it could handle it really well.There was just a little bit of pedal shake.But not sure what I should and should not do with this one. I faceplanted once with my V8 because it couldn't handle a little pothole so I don't want to experience that again.

Thanks for the help,
have a great day!

Cycling mode is your choice.  Try all three.  I like them all for different reasons.  You can switch them on the go, through the app. Don't switch while pulling off a difficult maneuver, or you might be flung off.  Take it easy for a while.  Take time to bond with your new wheel.  Don't assume it can power through anything because it can't.  Build trust as you explore the boundaries. and have fun.

I can't advise on speeds or motor stress.

Enjoy!

KS is quite conservative, so the 35km/h limit at full battery and the automatically lowered limits at decreasing battery should be all you need. And some common sense:efee47c9c8: (not doing crazy stuff with low battery)

Also the 16S has 4 parallel battery blocks instead of 2 like the V8 (= maximum current is doubled). Most likely, your V8 high speed cut-out was due to battery overstressing, not the motor. So that (doubled max current) and the conservative KS speed limits should make this very safe and worry-free.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotway Tesla happened :lol: I couldn't resist. This one feels slow now so I'm selling it. I already have 4 wheels and I'll buy the Z10 / KS18L for sure :P I don't wanna end up with 10 wheels by the end of 2018.

Archived