1 minute ago, aalenkin said:

this is an untapped market I tell ya!  There HAS to be other options. lol

I actually ordered a trolley off Aliexpress thinking I could get away with it.  It's only $20, but I was warned afterward that it wouldn't be strong enough for the KS18, and that advice was correct.  Might work for the Ninebot, though, since it's much lighter. 

Yeah, the lack of trolley was probably the biggest single negative when I was looking at the KS18S.  It's not as bad as I thought because the wheel is so high up, but still...

BTW, it seems odd to me that your wheel would have charged so quickly.  Not concerning, but I'd be tempted to leave it charging for a bit unless you're really itching to get out there (I would be). 

2 minutes ago, litewave said:

Yep, resellers have to make money somehow. Here is another accessory you should consider buying: a wheel stand. This one costs $5.99 w/ free shipping. My first one has held up well for over a year and a half.

I would not get ahead of yourself at this point, like making plans to take the wheel to work or onto the bus. That could be weeks or a month or more away. Take it slow and wait until you have mastered the basics before trying to commute.

I know..truly shocked at the weight and size of this wheel. Im a pretty small guy and the first thing I said to myself when I pulled it out of the box is "ohhh I better respect this piece of machinery" lol

2 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I actually ordered a trolley off Aliexpress thinking I could get away with it.  It's only $20, but I was warned afterward that it wouldn't be strong enough for the KS18, and that advice was correct.  Might work for the Ninebot, though, since it's much lighter. 

Yeah, the lack of trolley was probably the biggest single negative when I was looking at the KS18S.  It's not as bad as I thought because the wheel is so high up, but still...

BTW, it seems odd to me that your wheel would have charged so quickly.  Not concerning, but I'd be tempted to leave it charging for a bit unless you're really itching to get out there (I would be). 

Interesting, do you have a link by chance?

3 minutes ago, litewave said:

Yep, resellers have to make money somehow. Here is another accessory you should consider buying: a wheel stand. This one costs $5.99 w/ free shipping. My first one has held up well for over a year and a half.

I would not get ahead of yourself at this point, like making plans to take the wheel to work or onto the bus. That could be weeks or a month or more away. Take it slow and wait until you have mastered the basics before trying to commute.

I can't get my mind around the economics that make it profitable to ship that thing from China to NA for less than $10 with it's awkward shape.  Amazing times.

I just lay my V8 on a piece of memory foam, but that stand looks tempting. 

1 minute ago, aalenkin said:

I know..truly shocked at the weight and size of this wheel. Im a pretty small guy and the first thing I said to myself when I pulled it out of the box is "ohhh I better respect this piece of machinery" lol

Interesting, do you have a link by chance?

I looked, but couldn't find it.  Think it may have actually been banggood now that I think of it.  Would explain why I couldn't find it. 

3 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I looked, but couldn't find it.  Think it may have actually been banggood now that I think of it.  Would explain why I couldn't find it. 

no worries, I saw some cool alternatives...

https://www.solidrop.net/product/one-s1-s2-training-wheel-scooter-leaning-wheel-trolley-handle-pulling-rod-parking-stand-for-ninebot-one-s1-s2-a1-scooter.html

6 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I can't get my mind around the economics that make it profitable to ship that thing from China to NA for less than $10 with it's awkward shape.  Amazing times.

Truly agree..I dont even lay my head on memory foam!! hehehe

7 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

China ships and controls so much of ocean freight, I think it costs the seller almost nothing to ship most anywhere in the world. I think they have reciprocal delivery agreements with USPS and DHL. It is free shipping to New Zealand, too, although kiwi-land is somewhat closer.

5 minutes ago, aalenkin said:

Uggh, those are training wheels. I would advise against them.

2 minutes ago, litewave said:

China ships and controls so much of ocean freight, I think it costs the seller almost nothing to ship most anywhere in the world. I think they have reciprocal delivery agreements with USPS and DHL. It is free shipping to New Zealand, too, although kiwi-land is somewhat closer.

Uggh, those are training wheels. I would advise against them.

did you scroll down a bit? :) they had some cool accessories....

how do I calibrate this thing? I may be up til midnight! :) 

8 minutes ago, litewave said:

The 14" Inmotion V5F folding handle can be adapted to the 14" Ninebot wheels, but the E+ is 16". Also, the handle on the E+ rises approx. 3" and is not suitable to attach a secondary trolley handle to. So, I'm giving it a thumbs-down. 

There should be no need to calibrate the wheel if it came from NinebotUS. Still, it would be good to familiarize with the procedure. There are several videos in the NInebot forum; I'll add an edit to this post later when I find it, or you can search for it yourself.

edit: here's a recent post with video on calibrating the Ninebot One E+ . You may want to read the entire thread.

You're the best!

Thank you!