WheelLog & Pebble for Better Safety in Riding

Marty Backe

12 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@Marty Backe so the pebble watch needs the wheellog app also?

where's the app for that?

thanks for the help.

I can't quite remember all the details, but I think maybe the Pebble Watch app is included when you install the WheelLog app on your phone. Maybe you have to tell the WheelLog app about the existence of your Pebble Watch Phone app, and then they connect?

I don't have more time now, but I'll help later if you're still stuck.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can't quite remember all the details, but I think maybe the Pebble Watch app is included when you install the WheelLog app on your phone. Maybe you have to tell the WheelLog app about the existence of your Pebble Watch Phone app, and then they connect?

I don't have more time now, but I'll help later if you're still stuck.

thanks.

i'm practicing my wheelling with Bob thing right now. to the gate worked pretty good but he won't leave until he's ready. 

the good news is it makes me free mount and i've had to do that a couple of times.

terrible being old and having to use a headset magnifier to read the little fonts on the watch.

cool beans @Marty Backe i got it to work. it is confusing because of being two different apps to install. i need to re-watch ur vids to see now all what i can do with the watch.

i think i’m gonna have to get a rear view mirror like urs for running with Bob. he’s doing pretty good but he’ll stop and smell the roses and i don’t know if it’s gonna take him awhile.

we came back with me holding a short 6’ leash. that was tedious. really challenges my limted wheel riding skills, but he didn’t snatch me off.

3 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Could someone please link the good Pebble watch? I have been searching Amazon & Google but it's confusing. I want to be able to see my current speed and maybe bluetooth music, but mostly speed and general data. No-phone required would be best. Ideas? 

I was thinking it would be funny to mount a motorcycle 5" GPS to my KS18s with a mount, you could glance down for info, 3d map, etc. You'd have to stop to use the press screen since it's too low (unless you ride seated).

Edit: oh, Pebble 2, ok. Nevermind.

So you use the wheellog app connected to the Pebble 2 to see your info, i gotcha. I might just buy one of these then.

this is the one i bought

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KM4NCP8?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

On 11/24/2017 at 2:37 PM, WARPed1701D said:

90amps! :w00t2:

Holy cow. Mine is set at 17amps (20s2p V8). It hardly ever goes off. Maybe on the odd bump at speed. 90! Do you ever graph your ride data in Excel to analyze general patterns/usage?

90 amps..  a through wiring engineered for a max of 50 amps.. did I say that out loud?

JK Marty.. it was my turn to poke the bear!

?

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

cool beans @Marty Backe i got it to work. it is confusing because of being two different apps to install. i need to re-watch ur vids to see now all what i can do with the watch.

i think i’m gonna have to get a rear view mirror like urs for running with Bob. he’s doing pretty good but he’ll stop and smell the roses and i don’t know if it’s gonna take him awhile.

we came back with me holding a short 6’ leash. that was tedious. really challenges my limted wheel riding skills, but he didn’t snatch me off.

Great. Glad it's working :thumbup: On the WheelLog phone app, swipe from the left to get the configuration screen. From there you can set some of the parameters on the watch, among other things. Experiment.

6 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Could someone please link the good Pebble watch? I have been searching Amazon & Google but it's confusing. I want to be able to see my current speed and maybe bluetooth music, but mostly speed and general data. No-phone required would be best. Ideas? 

I was thinking it would be funny to mount a motorcycle 5" GPS to my KS18s with a mount, you could glance down for info, 3d map, etc. You'd have to stop to use the press screen since it's too low (unless you ride seated).

Edit: oh, Pebble 2, ok. Nevermind.

So you use the wheellog app connected to the Pebble 2 to see your info, i gotcha. I might just buy one of these then.

In the description section of my newer YouTube videos I have links to all of my stuff including the Pebble watch that I use, FWIW.

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great. Glad it's working :thumbup: On the WheelLog phone app, swipe from the left to get the configuration screen. From there you can set some of the parameters on the watch, among other things. Experiment.

ok i will. thanks again. 

Archived