Jump to content

Looking for a lightweight EU for a 6yo kid


zhirafovod
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, zhirafovod said:

Was quite inspired by a @vag72 review of IPS A130 , but seems like they are not being sold anymore. Any similar -7kg/12" EUs on the market? Anybody selling a used one with shipping to US? (: 

We've still got some of these collecting dust, looking forward to selling the remaining stock over Christmas... 

If your primary criteria is slim & light, then there's really only one option, the IPS i5.  

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-ips-i5-245wh-feather-weight/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FJ Catherine Abaya - your son rides e+ amazingly well. My assumption was that lighter EU would be easier to manage, so after seeing a130 specs started to want it badly for my daughter. We actually have a e+ at home and I probably should just buy another $300 s1 on amazon or a new unicycle for my wife or myself. Just sad that nobody makes similar 12"/15lb unicycles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, zhirafovod said:

@FJ Catherine Abaya - your son rides e+ amazingly well. My assumption was that lighter EU would be easier to manage, so after seeing a130 specs started to want it badly for my daughter. We actually have a e+ at home and I probably should just buy another $300 s1 on amazon or a new unicycle for my wife or myself. Just sad that nobody makes similar 12"/15lb unicycles. 

Nobody seems to have mentioned the Luffy.  It's a 10 inch wheel.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, zhirafovod said:

@Jason McNeil, I would say short and light and affordable (: I've already looked on i5, but looks like it is quite high and with 16" wheel, so a 6 year old may feel uncomfortable. Not to mention that it seems to cost twice as much, which is also a consideration. 

I believe the IPS i5 is a 14" wheel.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2017 at 4:22 PM, zhirafovod said:

@steve454, a turbo edition seems to be a bit heavier, and a bit more expensive. What I am looking for is a basic a130 for a kid. 

 

Not sure how much your looking to spend, but the Segway S1 is a great first wheel. 

14” tire, 25 pounds, and last I knew.. $600.00 brand new. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Not sure how much your looking to spend, but the Segway S1 is a great first wheel. 

14” tire, 25 pounds, and last I knew.. $600.00 brand new. 

Seems like the IPS i5 would equal or top those figures.

14" tire, 16.5 pounds, and $575 on eWheels at the moment.

No LEDs though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@trya, thanks for the info. I will definitely consider it.

We have decided to see if my daughter can ride my old Ninebot E+ (Funny that this 2yo+ EU is now branded as a new Segway S1). If she can ride it - IPS i5 can be an option, if it is about the same dimensions. Or we will just leave E+ for her and buy a new 30+ mph toy for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, zhirafovod said:

@trya, thanks for the info. I will definitely consider it.

We have decided to see if my daughter can ride my old Ninebot E+ (Funny that this 2yo+ EU is now branded as a new Segway S1). If she can ride it - IPS i5 can be an option, if it is about the same dimensions. Or we will just leave E+ for her and buy a new 30+ mph toy for us. 

Ninebot e+ and segway s1 are different....e+ is 16inch...s1 is 14inch wheel, a bit newer.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FJ Catherine Abaya said:

If the wheel doesn’t work. You can always get one of these....it’s a hoverboard with a hoverkart attachment and it’s very easy to drive. It’s so easy my 3 year old daughter races his brother in our parking lot 

 

This video is AWESOME! :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...