Amazon: Segway S1 for $299, Mistake? Getting Out of Single-Wheel Business?

Jason McNeil

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, i’m sure it does but i’m glad u asked because i was gonna do a screen shot of the app showing both batteries, and so i opened up the box again and tried to turn it on and it’s completely flat. that’s probably not good.

hopefully it will take a charge. if not i’m sure amazon will send wnother one.

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

not sure if this one has any batteries. completely dead and won’t charge.

Open it up. I've heard of cases where the batteries have been disconnected for shipping.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Open it up. I've heard of cases where the batteries have been disconnected for shipping.

the box was sealed and this is a usa product. if that were the case, they shuda said so in the manual. i’m not fixing other people’s shit. i’m done with that.

my batman one came connected and i’m pretty sure something is fubar here.

not my problem.

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

the box was sealed and this is a usa product. if that were the case, they shuda said so in the manual. i’m not fixing other people’s shit. i’m done with that.

not my problem.

Opening the Ninebot S1/S2/A1 covers to access and reseat the battery pack is user-level maintenance and does not require warranty service.

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

not my problem.

OK. But I thought it's like 60-seconds worth of effort to access the battery.

You know I'm going to say this, but you may have picked the wrong sport if you want the hands-off approach, because all of these Chinese wheels have the possibility of requiring a little self-maintenance :whistling:

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nothing wrong with a little trouble-shooting to save the planet some CO2 emissions from mailing stuff back and forth.  :efef927839:

I love this Forum :wub:

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK. But I thought it's like 60-seconds worth of effort to access the battery.

You know I'm going to say this, but you may have picked the wrong sport if you want the hands-off approach, because all of these Chinese wheels have the possibility of requiring a little self-maintenance :whistling:

not on a brand new wheel just delivered today. i had to installed the batteries on my ks-18s because coming from china it’s cheaper to ship separately. 

maintenance i understand. fixing a broken product on delivery, no. 

not a good idea to start opening up electronics when they don’t work. if u bought a tv, got it home, and it didn’t turn on, would u open up the back to try to fix it.

if i wanna do maintenance, i’ll go work on my boat. i need to replace a shift actuator on the port engine that costs as much as a ks18s and i already have the part. my freshwater pump needs replacing too. along with my port bilge pump. 

i don’t buy into global warming by anything humans are doing. fukushima is a much bigger problem but nobody is gonna tell humans that.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

not on a brand new wheel just delivered today. i had to installed the batteries on my ks-18s because coming from china it’s cheaper to ship separately. 

maintenance i understand. fixing a broken product on delivery, no. 

not a good idea to start opening up electronics when they don’t work. if u bought a tv, got it home, and it didn’t turn on, would u open up the back to try to fix it.

if i wanna do maintenance, i’ll go work on my boat. i need to replace a shift actuator on the port engine that costs as much as a ks18s and i already have the part. my freshwater pump needs replacing too. along with my port bilge pump. 

i don’t buy into global warming by anything humans are doing. fukushima is a much bigger problem but nobody is gonna tell humans that.

These wheels are not TV's. But I honestly think it'll take more time and effort on your part to send the wheel back then to follow the solution outlined in @Hunka Hunka Burning Love's post.

I admit that I'm mystified by your position :confused1: Maybe you had a bad day - sleep on it :)

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nothing wrong with a little trouble-shooting to save the planet some CO2 emissions from mailing stuff back and forth.  :efef927839:

yeah i read what that guys dealer told him to do, i’m not doing all that. good to know if the batteries go flat. i’ve got one $200 dji inspire battery flat i can’t salvage with maybe two cycles on it and of course dji won’t warranteed it.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

These wheels are not TV's. But I honestly think it'll take more time and effort on your part to send the wheel back then to follow to solution outlined in @Hunka Hunka Burning Love's post.

I admit that I'm mystified by your position :confused1: Maybe you had a bad day - sleep on it :)

Those Amazon returns are pretty easy, though!  :)  I would probably do as you're suggesting, about ten minutes after I'd claim I won't out of deeply held principles, but I can understand why @novazeus is reluctant. 

I'd like to take a moment to applaud novazeus for his climate change beliefs.  We need more folks like him if I'm going to be able to ride year-round by 2030. 

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

These wheels are not TV's. But I honestly think it'll take more time and effort on your part to send the wheel back then to follow to solution outlined in @Hunka Hunka Burning Love's post.

ups will come by tmrw and pick it up. i’m not in a hurry for the replacement.

i don’t want to waste my time fixing a product that should be working when u open the box. 

suppose i open it up, fix it, or so i think i do, and a month later the batteries crap out, then what? 

if the next one comes flat, maybe i’ll open it up. idk. depends how i feel. 

like i’ve said before, this is not a hobby for me, i don’t want a hobby.

i understand hobbies. rc helis were hobbies. u had to build them.

1 minute ago, mezzanine said:

Those Amazon returns are pretty easy, though!  :)  I would probably do as you're suggesting, about ten minutes after I'd claim I won't out of deeply held principles, but I can understand why @novazeus is reluctant. 

I'd like to take a moment to applaud novazeus for his climate change beliefs.  We need more folks like him if I'm going to be able to ride year-round by 2030. 

we’re one yellowstone eruption from being extinct. the dinosaurs were here like a thousand times longer than us, where are they now? did the dinosaurs create global warming? 

Just now, novazeus said:

we’re one yellowstone eruption from being extinct. the dinosaurs were here like a thousand times longer than us, where are they now? did the dinosaurs create global warming? 

This is both off-topic and political, but I'm just impressed you acknowledge the existence of dinosaurs!  ;)

In all seriousness, my American friends are in desperate need of an introductory course in Philosophy of Science.  Karl Popper, in particular.   :)

2 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

This is both off-topic and political, but I'm just impressed you acknowledge the existence of dinosaurs!  ;)

In all seriousness, my American friends are in desperate need of an introductory course in Philosophy of Science.  Karl Popper, in particular.   :)

There aren't any Canadian's who have doubts about the anthropogenic causes of global warming or more importantly in my book, what we should or shouldn't do about it?

Just now, Marty Backe said:

There aren't any Canadian's who have doubts about the anthropogenic causes of global warming or more importantly in my book, what we should or shouldn't do about it?

There surely are, but we have zero global influence, politically. 

long before algore became fashionable, i was actually doing shit to save the environment, if u buy into that. my low income homes had an eer of 57 and 61. that’s really, really energy efficient. most people talk shit, i build stuff or do it. this is one award.

A273A5BD-F1FE-4FAC-8345-F0E60FA9E8D4.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

if i lived in california, i’d be more worried about the wildfires. that’s pollution isn’t it? do u know the reason why there are so many fires in california? that’s caused by humans.

Archived