First EUC - Ninebot S2, Inmotion V8 or KS14D?

e.motion

On 11/21/2017 at 11:12 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

The Ninebot is a good choice to keep the price lower, as the alternatives are double that. But you don't seem 100% happy with it?

It's just that, from what I understand, the S2 is the one most likely to cut-off due to the weaker motor and lower capacity battery. And I really, really would like not to faceplant :rolleyes:

Also, after reading some more, I'm not so sure about the 14" wheel anymore. But spending 1k€ on a KS16/V8 as a first wheel, which will get all scratched and stuff, seems unwise too. Unfortunately, all 16" I've seen cost at least 1k€. Man this sucks, I wanna be rich... xD

Anyway I realize it's up to me now, thank you all for your advice :cheers:

4 hours ago, e.motion said:

It's just that, from what I understand, the S2 is the one most likely to cut-off due to the weaker motor and lower capacity battery. And I really, really would like not to faceplant :rolleyes:

If one respects the limits of this wheel one will (most likely) not faceplant :ph34r:

Also with the much stronger gw tesla faceplanting is possible, like seen short time ago (also the real reason is not known by now - chances are existing that it was just pushing the wheel beyond it's limits)

... So in the end the driver is still one important reason for faceplants ...

Also, after reading some more, I'm not so sure about the 14" wheel anymore. But spending 1k€ on a KS16/V8 as a first wheel, which will get all scratched and stuff, seems unwise too.

For most wheels replacement covers are available, so they look shiny and new again. Also some people use neoprene suits to protect their wheels...

Unfortunately, all 16" I've seen cost at least 1k€. Man this sucks, I wanna be rich... xD

Anyway I realize it's up to me now, thank you all for your advice :cheers:

6 hours ago, e.motion said:

Also, after reading some more, I'm not so sure about the 14" wheel anymore. But spending 1k€ on a KS16/V8 as a first wheel, which will get all scratched and stuff, seems unwise too. Unfortunately, all 16" I've seen cost at least 1k€. Man this sucks, I wanna be rich... xD

Don't worry about 14" wheels, they are fine.  I learned on a 14 and loved every minute of it.  People say they are no good off road.  I say they are fine off road, you just have to be more actively engaged in the process.  I've ridden my 14 where people were having trouble walking and bikers were pushing their bikes.  Would it have been easier on a 16 or 18? probably.  But on a 14 its easier to flick the wheel side to side to avoid specific obstructions, like a larger than average rock, or a Schnauzer :D.   However, a strong motor is important to muscle over things that require a sudden surge in power.  Did I come of?, oh yeah, heaps of times, but it was alway so slow, I just stepped or stumbled off, often laughing as I did it.

Whatever you buy, pad that sucker up, use a training leash (properly) wear protection.  You'll have fun.

The Ninebot will be slower, this is how it prevents cut-offs. I don't think it will be a problem, Ninebots aren't know for dropping off their riders and have a good safety reputation.

14 vs. 16 is not such a big difference, you can do everything with both. Some things are just a bit easier and natural on a 14 incher, and some on a 16 incher.

Went with the white KS14D for 833€ (Black Friday). Now I just have to wait for it through the weekend. So excited :w00t2:

BTW, is there any way to remove the KingSong branding on the pads and the "Hello KingSong" greeting?

2 hours ago, e.motion said:

Went with the white KS14D for 833€ (Black Friday). Now I just have to wait for it through the weekend. So excited :w00t2:

BTW, is there any way to remove the KingSong branding on the pads and the "Hello KingSong" greeting?

Killing "hello KingSong" I understand.  It doesn't even make sense; who walks into a room and says "hello me"?

But why would you want to remove the KingSong branding? Are you not proud of your purchase.  Are you not proud to show you are riding a machine that most of the experienced riders here, agree is a top notch engineered wheel? Do you want people to think you're riding a generic wheel or a NineBot? 

But, if you must, I've heard a good angle grinder will do the job.:facepalm:

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

But why would you want to remove the KingSong branding? Are you not proud of your purchase.  Are you not proud to show you are riding a machine that most of the experienced riders here, agree is a top notch engineered wheel? Do you want people to think you're riding a generic wheel or a NineBot?

I just prefer the looks of it waaay more without the logo branding. The logo makes it look toy-ish to me, I don't know why :confused1: Without it, it looks more minimalistic/futuristic, which I love. And as long as I myself know it's a KingSong, not just some generic wheel, I'm good ^_^

Besides, here in Portugal 99.9% people don't even know what an EUC is, let alone KingSong ahahah :lol:

Also, I take it then there's no way to silence the Hello KingSong? :shock2:

27 minutes ago, e.motion said:

I just prefer the looks of it waaay more without the logo branding. The logo makes it look toy-ish to me, I don't know why :confused1: Without it, it looks more minimalistic/futuristic, which I love. And as long as I myself know it's a KingSong, not just some generic wheel, I'm good ^_^

Besides, here in Portugal 99.9% people don't even know what an EUC is, let alone KingSong ahahah :lol:

Pure black ones are sold at https://www.ewheels.com/product/ks-14s-set-of-unbranded-upper-pads/. Don‘t know if they ship to portugal...

or you just use some black permanent marker or similar?

you can look at @Marty Backe s documention how to dhange the sidepad here: 

could give you maybe some idea for custom pads.

27 minutes ago, e.motion said:

Also, I take it then there's no way to silence the Hello KingSong? :shock2:

This was imho only with earlier firmwares - by now all actual ks can turn the voice off? Or is the 14d special? 

8 hours ago, e.motion said:

I guess you mean the printed Logo on the side pad....

Yes, some here have got it away with some strong chemicals, and that looked ok, dont ask me which one.

But i can not recommend this procedure with the wrong chemicals!

I have tried that on my KS18S side pads and they looked totally ugly after scrubing on the printed logo, as i did not have correct fluid to get it away.

So in the end i had to get -new- unbranded sidepads, now everything Looks fantastic!

You can try to get unbranded rubber sidepads, also......but it is hard to find them in europe!

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

This was imho only with earlier firmwares - by now all actual ks can turn the voice off? Or is the 14d special? 

"Hello Kingsong" is not Firmware related...it depends on the build date, which i guess was something like after 7/2017 or 8/2017. All wheels produced after are quiet....

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Pure black ones are sold at https://www.ewheels.com/product/ks-14s-set-of-unbranded-upper-pads/. Don‘t know if they ship to portugal...

or you just use some black permanent marker or similar?

He Needs some for the 14D...not 14S, and for the 14D i did not see them anywhere....

9 hours ago, e.motion said:

Nice, congratulations! While I can't really say any of the choices would have been bad, this is clearly the best choice:efee8319ab: Enjoy refreshing the shipping website every 5 minutes. It's fun!

Where did you buy from?

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

"Hello Kingsong" is not Firmware related...it depends on the build date, which i guess was something like after 7/2017 or 8/2017. All wheels produced after are quiet....

i cri :cry2:

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Nice, congratulations! While I can't really say any of the choices would have been bad, this is clearly the best choice:efee8319ab: Enjoy refreshing the shipping website every 5 minutes. It's fun!

Where did you buy from?

:laughbounce2:

Got it from here: https://emonocykle-sklep.pl/

The white 14D already sold out in the meanwhile :P

On 11/24/2017 at 7:05 PM, e.motion said:

i cri :cry2:

:laughbounce2:

Got it from here: https://emonocykle-sklep.pl/

The white 14D already sold out in the meanwhile :P

That's where I got my 16s  Great sale earlier this month. Nice guy too.  Shipped me a nice wheel in a timely fashion, from Poland to England. I think I got the last matt black rubber coated one, because they became sold out soon after.  A very nice looking wheel, and lovely manners.

Archived