Anti-Traffic Stunt in Los Angeles

Terenig

This sounds cool, wish I was down there. I guess we hold dozens of "mini-protests" every day when we roll past stopped traffic around San Francisco! :):):) Good luck with your publication, I know how much work it can be. I run a local news and sports site, SFBay.ca, up here in the Bay Area, we just gave you a follow on Twitter. :) 

• Like 1

Yeah it's funny when I ride around here and some guy yells out the window while driving by, then the traffic is so bad that I catch up to them several times at lights and get to yell back. Usually it's not mean they're just excited. When the speed limit in an area is 25 to 30 mph and there are a lot of lights, it's quite possible to keep up with the cars for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

It depends on what street(s) you're talking about riding on.

A street like Sepulveda (PCH) here near the beaches would be almost a 'death wish' if anyone rode on that.

Allen

Oh no no! My suggestion would be Beverly Glen or Coldwater Canyon during peak rush hour so that the cars are crawling. And there are a lot of side streets for us to retreat into if the car traffic is faster than our unicycles.

I've tried Beverly Glen on my slower Ninebot on an empty Sunday morning, it was very easy. Next, I want to try Beverly Glen during rush hour to see if it's feasible.

• Upvote 1