Inmotion v8 buy Aliexpress block Inmotion app - soluction ?

Philip Yepes

Have you downloaded the Inmotion app?  The connection between phone and wheel is managed entirely in the app not in your phone's Bluetooth settings.

If you are using the app then please provide some more details about what you have tried.

Thank you very much for answering ! Of course, first.I connect the unicycle. I turn on the bluetooth. I open the app. pressed on VEHICLE. And then to look. and he stays looking for me he does not recognize him.

I have asked my seller. And he tells me that it should work. 

But it does not work. It is as if the app is blocked. However my bluetooth recognizes the unicycle. when i go to the section to search for devices. It appears but in hexadecimal. The direction 

26 minutes ago, Philip Yepes said:

Thank you very much for answering ! Of course, first.I connect the unicycle. I turn on the bluetooth. I open the app. pressed on VEHICLE. And then to look. and he stays looking for me he does not recognize him.

I have asked my seller. And he tells me that it should work. 

But it does not work. It is as if the app is blocked. However my bluetooth recognizes the unicycle. when i go to the section to search for devices. It appears but in hexadecimal. The direction 

I guess you are using android?

You have to grant/give the Inmotion app all rights and  alow it to use GPS etc etc....You have to set that in the Options of your phone...

Yes! I am using a Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Which already worked perfect with an inmotion v5 that I had. Of course you feel GPS permissions ... And everyone who asks. The problem is that nothing appears to me. 

Here are some photos ... So you can see what the app does. Something strange is that I always get that 'Searching GPS'

Screenshot_2017-11-21-13-05-46-323_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Screenshot_2017-11-21-12-54-30-801_com.android.settings.png

Screenshot_2017-11-21-13-07-09-763_com.inmotion.ble.png

It is odd that out worked with the V5 and not the V8. Before we go opening the wheel up though or initiating a return let's remove the terrible Inmotion app from the equation for a second.

Search this forum (not the Google Play store) for "WheelLog" and download the Android apk file for the latest version created. This was made by several members of this forum to connect to and monitor our wheels and it now works with Inmotion devices. Install this on your phone (requires you to allow apps from third parties in your phone settings). Most of its here use this rather than the poorly made Inmotion app for 99% of the things we need to do with our wheels. If Wheellog cannot see your V8 then I would try again with a different phone just to exclude the possibility of a compatibility issue. If that also fails then it would appear to be an issue with the wheel.  But let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Es extraño que haya funcionado con el V5 y no con el V8. Antes de que vayamos abriendo la rueda o iniciando un retorno, eliminemos la terrible aplicación Inmotion de la ecuación por un segundo.

Busque en este foro (no en la tienda Google Play) "WheelLog" y descargue el archivo apk de Android para la última versión creada. Esto fue hecho por varios miembros de este foro para conectarse y monitorear nuestras ruedas y ahora funciona con dispositivos Inmotion. Instale esto en su teléfono (requiere que permita aplicaciones de terceros en la configuración de su teléfono). La mayor parte de su uso aquí en lugar de la aplicación Inmotion mal hecha para el 99% de las cosas que tenemos que hacer con nuestras ruedas. Si Wheellog no puede ver su V8, lo intentaré nuevamente con un teléfono diferente solo para excluir la posibilidad de un problema de compatibilidad. Si eso también falla, parece ser un problema con la rueda. Pero crucemos ese puente cuando lleguemos a eso.

Okey voy a probar a hacer eso. Muchas gracias !!

On 9/27/2017 at 5:04 PM, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.5

Added:
-Gotway 84v correction (from menu)

Reveal hidden contents

Actualy Gotway's controller multiply real voltage value to 0.8, to make it compatible with Gotway official App, that calculate battery percent from reference 67.2V battery. This option in WheelLog just multiply Voltage value to 1.25 (back to real).

Fixed:
-Inmotion zero-speed if drive to another direction for some wheels (like V3Pro and others).
-reset parameters when Gotway MCM option is applyed (like on the picture above)

WheelLog_27092017.apk

This is the file you should download and install to get the latest version of Wheellog.

41 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Este es el archivo que debe descargar e instalar para obtener la última versión de Wheellog.

Hello again I have already tried with another device (Samsung). Install the inmotion app and if it recognizes the V8 :( I mean, it's a question of my Xiaomi Mi max 2 ..... :( But I've already tried to format it from the factory, and change to a stable ROM ... but .... nothing ... remains the same ... I do not know what to do ... do you know anything about the issue of Xiaomi devices and the inmotion app?

17 minutes ago, Philip Yepes said:

Hello again I have already tried with another device (Samsung). Install the inmotion app and if it recognizes the V8 :( I mean, it's a question of my Xiaomi Mi max 2 ..... :( But I've already tried to format it from the factory, and change to a stable ROM ... but .... nothing ... remains the same ... I do not know what to do ... do you know anything about the issue of Xiaomi devices and the inmotion app?

Did you try WheelLog on either of these phones?

1 hour ago, Philip Yepes said:

try giving this a go - it helped me when I was having issues with android and the in motion app:

1) delete the in motion app from your phone

2) install it again from the play store (make sure you download the 'bluetooth' version

3) Open the app, and when it prompts you that there is an update to download, go ahead and download it. BUT:

4) Once the new version is downloaded, don't open it yet. First, delete the existing inmotion app from your phone and then restart the phone.

5) Find the downloaded update and now install it.

(May help, it sorted out my problems)

Not works..... In Inmotion app but .... yes in the WheelLog.. ? why ¿?¿ i dont understand -..:(

I have done what the partner said: Paddylaz

but it does not work .. it keeps saying "SEARCHING" and it appears in white, like the photo above

31 minutes ago, Philip Yepes said:

Not works..... In Inmotion app but .... yes in the WheelLog.. ? why ¿?¿ i dont understand -..:(

I have done what the partner said: Paddylaz

but it does not work .. it keeps saying "SEARCHING" and it appears in white, like the photo above

De-installate the Inmotion app!

Re-install the inmotion app...and also be sure you give again ALL rights/allowance for everything.

And now, as wheellog is working: As long as you are connected to wheellog...you can not connect to another app!

So before trying again with Inmotion app, or another app, close the wheellog app completly!

No ideas anymore, sorry :-(

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

As long as you are connected to wheellog...you can not connect to another app!

Actually I have had both connected to my wheel at the same time without a problem. Maybe this is brand specific????

Anyway,

What version of the Inmotion app do you have installed. I have v6.6.5 and it just connected to my V8 perfectly. You can find this in the ME tab, by tapping the settings/cog icon in the top right and then tapping "About".

While in that menu try tapping the "Check Update Information" line to see if there are any updates.

I think region locking only affects registration of the wheel, which in turn affects setting a BT password, calibrating the gyro, and performing firmware updates.

43 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Actually I have had both connected to my wheel at the same time without a problem. Maybe this is brand specific????

Maybe?

As long as i have my KS or GW connected to an app(app doesn’t matter), any other app will not find the wheel and so will not connect.

Actually this is also the same for -example- my brahi dash headphones....as long as they are paired to a specific phone, they will not connect to another phone/pad etc...

(thats also why i found that fear of „someone else will change my wheel settings“ questionable...as thats not possible on my KS/GW as long as I AM connected)

but Sure, perhaps IM has done this different!!

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

but Sure, perhaps IM has done this different!!

I just double checked to make sure I wasn't spouting rubbish and yes, you can definitely do this (meaning have two apps reading wheel telemetry at the same time).

Now whether you can do this from two different phones (hijacking for example) is a different matter. I have a new phone coming next week so might have to try.

@WARPed1701D

i totally believe you :-)

For my Tesla and Ks18 this doesnt work....just about 30 minutes ago i was getting crazy that my android wheellog doesnt find my Tesla....after grumbling around 15minutes, i found that it still was set up to my iphone darkness bot app :-) after finishing that app....voila!

I guess both have advantages and disadvantages...exclusive for Ks/Gw...more options on the other side for IM...

13 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

De-installate the Inmotion app!

Re-install the inmotion app...and also be sure you give again ALL rights/allowance for everything.

And now, as wheellog is working: As long as you are connected to wheellog...you can not connect to another app!

So before trying again with Inmotion app, or another app, close the wheellog app completly!

No ideas anymore, sorry :-(

Same here. I use 2 iphones, one with Inmotion App and the other one with Darkness Bot App. Each one connects to V8 flawlessly but definitely can NOT connect together at the same time.

Archived