Bying a Monowheel

Olivier

Hi all,

I'm from Belgium.  Welcome to everybody.

I bought a monowheel for learning it.  Now I want to buy a good monowheel which go faster then 10 km/hour and i can do some trip (more then 30 km without charging)

I don't know much about monowheel.  Therefore I want some of your tips/advices.

Other question: where can I order it.  Is the chinese market OK to order this goods ?

Tx

9 minutes ago, Olivier said:

Hi all,

I'm from Belgium.  Welcome to everybody.

I bought a monowheel for learning it.  Now I want to buy a good monowheel which go faster then 10 km/hour and i can do some trip (more then 30 km without charging)

I don't know much about monowheel.  Therefore I want some of your tips/advices.

Other question: where can I order it.  Is the chinese market OK to order this goods ?

Tx

Welcome to the board....

You should find all infos here, there are plenty of different wheels that can go faster and longer.

For example Kingsongs, Gotways, Inmotion, Rockwheel...that are the brands you should search for! (searchfunction ;-) )

Yes, you CAN buy in china, aliexpress, for example.

But as you are not that expert with EUCs i would allways recommend a local seller.

You need to tell us how you expect to use the wheel. Does it need to be portable for use along with train or bus? Do you need to carry it up stairs? Is 30km the furthest you need to go on a single charge. How fast do you want to go? How much do you weigh? What is the local terrain like? Are there hills? Is it flat? What kind of surfaces do you expect to ride on? Roads? Paved trails? Dirt trails? What is your price range? Have you allowed for buying some safety gear in that  price range?

49 minutes ago, Olivier said:

Yes, ok 

But can you give me some advice about technical details I have to look.  

1500 W or 1680 wh

What do you recommend ?

What do you want??

Thats btw a funny question ;-)

Take both...1500Watt(w) is the motor power....while 1680watthour (wh) is the batterie size/range!

So yes, a 1500watt wheel is powerfull and the best is to have a big battery of 1680wh ;-)

These numbers you find for example in a Kingsong18S.....it can go 50kmh for about 100km and is pne of the wheels with the best reputation.....

But thing is we must need to know waht YOU want!! „fast“ are many wheels....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

first of all thanks for your responses. 

What I'm looking for is a portable Wheel that I can use on paved trails of woods, cycle paths.  Max 30 km/h speed.One recharge : 60 km.

Portable I can take on train or bus.

Also important is that I can go up and off pedestrain path without always stepping off from the monowheel.  

I want to do a trip without going each time off from the Unicycle.  

Today I have a simple monowheel.  It was more for learning reason.  It goes not fast : max 10km/hour => boring.
Each step, I have to swith him off => ppfffffff.

My budget is about 700 euro  till 1500 €.  (I case it's more, I have to save more money, but I have time).

I saw yesterday a beautifull : Ninebot Z =>>> seems me strong, good qualilty.

Where can I buy unicycle with good reduction.

I appreciate your time to respond me.

TX all 

54 minutes ago, Olivier said:

Hi all,

first of all thanks for your responses. 

What I'm looking for is a portable Wheel that I can use on paved trails of woods, cycle paths.  Max 30 km/h speed.One recharge : 60 km.

Portable I can take on train or bus.

Also important is that I can go up and off pedestrain path without always stepping off from the monowheel.  

I want to do a trip without going each time off from the Unicycle.  

Today I have a simple monowheel.  It was more for learning reason.  It goes not fast : max 10km/hour => boring.
Each step, I have to swith him off => ppfffffff.

My budget is about 700 euro  till 1500 €.  (I case it's more, I have to save more money, but I have time).

I saw yesterday a beautifull : Ninebot Z =>>> seems me strong, good qualilty.

Where can I buy unicycle with good reduction.

I appreciate your time to respond me.

TX all 

You have to understand that portable, means light weight. But 60km range means huge battery, means weight. If your looking for a good compromise, you might check out 16' models, which are compact enough to be bring in train or bus, but strong enough to carry you for 60km range, and comfortable enough in any type of ground...

I'm thinking about KS16S, ACM 840wh, GT16... those models can be found around 1500-1700 euros I guess. If I had to advice, I would pick KS16S since it's good quality, got a integrated trolley, reasonably light. GT16 Might be a decent choice for n°2. ACM n°3 is an excellent wheel but less portable (bad trolley).

You need at least +840wh for good range (around 60km...), that's a fact.

If you care more about comfort riding, you should go for 18' wheels model. But they came heavy and less portable. Despite this, they got the nice interested to offer 1600wh models which can carry you for 100 km range (thinking about the KS18S or MS3).

1 hour ago, Olivier said:

inebot One S2 => 500 €

Ninebot One E+ => 350  €

You might not like Ninebot for now, as their wheels doesn't go up to 30km/h and have poor range (20-30km).

But yes, you should stay aware of future models, such as Ninebot one Z, KS18L, or GT16v3, promising 2018 :)

I didn't mention Tesla, as it's a expensive wheel, early model, and doesn't bring you much more than the 16' KS6S for your needs. But you might look at it too.

Archived