Tesla vs. my other unicycles

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Me too! So far I have yet to drop the Tesla. I'm going to wait until it's scratched before I take it into the mountains

Yeah, yeah! That's what I said when I got my Cayenne .... and I haven't got it off-road yet! Not even near dust. ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Yeah, yeah! That's what I said when I got my Cayenne .... and I haven't got it off-road yet! Not even near dust. ?

People, people... We ride electric unicycles. It isn't a question of "if" but a matter of "when." 

So get on with it already! 

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

People, people... We ride electric unicycles. It isn't a question of "if" but a matter of "when." 

6 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I just crashed my Tesla today. So now that it was war wounds I can ride it anywhere :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

So does this mean the Tesla is ready for Cogswell?:o

No, the Tesla will never do Cogswell because of the limited battery. Cogswell requires at least a 45-mile range.

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No, the Tesla will never do Cogswell because of the limited battery. Cogswell requires at least a 45-mile range.

Ooohh... Cogswell dam?

That looks like it could be fun... Should I book flights?

Never say never!  :pooping:  I wonder how much replacement Tesla batteries cost?  A quick battery swap mod or external power pack in a backpack like what @zlymex and friends use for longer trips could effectively double the range.  Why hasn't someone (Gotway) marketed external battery extender packs already?

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Never say never!  :pooping:  I wonder how much replacement Tesla batteries cost?  A quick battery swap mod or external power pack in a backpack like what @zlymex and friends use for longer trips could effectively double the range.  Why hasn't someone (Gotway) marketed external battery extender packs already?

Too much work when you can just jump on an ACM and have day-long fun.

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

For some that might not be the question anymore ... I strongly believe that from a certain degree on the question rather becomes: How do I refine my riding, that I do not hurt my e_Horse anymore! And whoever designed the Tesla, might have had such refinement in their mind.

And don't we have the rougher "tanks" (as Marty called them), the ACMs and at least I have my banged up beautiful Ninebot to practice my tricks on, before transferring them to the Tesla or the V8. 

I agree, it is a slightly different riding philosophy of devide and evolve, like the MSuper V3s+ for the mountains and the long distances, and the Tesla or V8 for the city commute and midnight amazement and entertainment and a bit promotion of our sports and a lot of narcistic show off (at least in my case ?). 

Try it once, it is a step not only toward vanity, but also toward riding safety, improvement of your riding techniques and most of all toward respect and appreciation of our beautiful e_Horses and the people who design them.

Think about it. And let's carry the light against a brand-new darkness. ?

@Toshio Uemura Thanks for the review, I do own Msuper V3S and I find it is the best wheel by far, waiting for superior wheel to come along, but looks like nothing yet and Tesla can't touch it either. Completely agree about the wind, I took my acm once on windy day after I rode Msuper V3S, I almost fell couple of times due wind. Enjoy your wheels...

3 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Toshio Uemura Thanks for the review, I do own Msuper V3S and I find it is the best wheel by far, waiting for superior wheel to come along, but looks like nothing yet and Tesla can't touch it either. Completely agree about the wind, I took my acm once on windy day after I rode Msuper V3S, I almost fell couple of times due wind. Enjoy your wheels...

The BEST wheel to ride in any wind conditions is the Monster. It's amazing. It laughs at wind :clap3:

8 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

At the end of the day the choice MSuper or Tesla really boils down to the question: Why do I ride my unicycle?

If you are looking for a means of commuting over longer distances or enjoying outdoor trips and mountain trails. If you need range and solid stability and eventually speed, then the MSuper V3s+ is second to no wheel I know! (Please note: I have never ridden a Monster; it's just too ugly for me ? ) 

And if you are looking for fun, speed, tricks and agility, for the thrill of new challenges while also using the wheel for commuting moderate distances in the city and city center, if you are looking for an upgrade of your V8 experience, then the Tesla is your wheel of choice.

But if you can afford both, it's definitely fun to have the choice. ?

Now, the strange charging behavior of my Tesla has suddenly and without any further interventions from my side stopped during the course of this week and turned into the normal behavior that my MSuper shows and all the others I feed. I do not have to turn the unit ON anymore in order to charge it. I just plug in the charger as I do with my other e_Horses and it feeds. For the third time in a row now. That's really strange and inexplicable to me, but, well, I am happy that it works normal. So let's see if it stays that way and the Woodoo crap is over now. I was just getting used to these unorthodox charging ceremonies. Kind of miss them now they are gone! How dumb is that! ?

59 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

What do dumb puppets know ...!

Fact is: The Era of Vertical Videos is here!

I am sure I can not stop you guys from hating Vertical. That's OK. But it's outdated. Some angles just look better filmed in portrait and vertical video is more engaging ... by 9% actually as recent studies show .... AND it's soooo annnnnnnnoying to the new cult of vertical video haters, that's why I love Vertical most. ?

Fact is: 10 billion (and that's billion with a "b"!) vertical videos are seen each day in Snapchat.

Fact is: Facebook users spend more time watching vertical videos than videos in any other format.

And may be, just may be, we should explain the dumb puppets: it is stupid to argue that one format is better than the other without understanding the context.

Fact is: People on e_Horses look better in vertical videos than in horizontal. Let's wake up to it! 2018 will be vertical, trust me. ?

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Then you will hate this, I am afraid ... ?

No, I just won't watch it;)  Just joking, I watch vertical videos if they look interesting, and like you said, it can be a creative technique that narrows the focus.  Like this one with the long shadow.

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

No, I just won't watch it;)  Just joking, I watch vertical videos if they look interesting, and like you said, it can be a creative technique that narrows the focus.  Like this one with the long shadow.

Super cool! ❤️   進撃の巨人 shingeki no kyojin (Attack on Titan)! This should win several film prices. ? I love it! ?

Archived