Michael Lutge Posted November 18, 2017 Share Posted November 18, 2017 Hey guys, the other day I was doing some practicing in my place on my Ninebot S1 and I noticed a hot electronics smell. I had been doing a lot of quick back and forth movements practicing balance and riding backwards when I smelled something. I then started riding straight for a little ways and that's when the wheel just cut out on me and wouldn't turn back on. On inspection I saw that I had some melted wiring (see pic). This is my first wheel and as I was learning I took some hard spills where the case at times would get knocked a little loose. I just kind of pushed it back on. I'm wondering if I could have pinched some wiring between the housing and the plastic cover and maybe that's what led to the meltdown? Or could it have been a buildup of heat due to my quick back and forth practice? Anyways, I'm not experienced dealing with wiring or repairs of this type. Can you guys offer any advice on the best way to get this repaired? What type of wiring, splicing, connectors would I need etc? Thanks! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.