Gotway App Registration... more than once with multiple wheels?

Made my account with the old ACM's motor code, and it worked from the start with the new ACM.

Not sure about cross-model, but pretty sure it justs wants a working account and then the app just works like it should (it's not like configuring a wheel need a Chinese server). @Marty Backe can confirm this 100%.

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Made my account with the old ACM's motor code, and it worked from the start with the new ACM.

Not sure about cross-model, but pretty sure it justs wants a working account and then the app just works like it should (it's not like configuring a wheel need a Chinese server). @Marty Backe can confirm this 100%.

I have nothing to say about these newer Gotway apps because I refuse to use them, and never have. I stick with the non-social, non-registration version.

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The old one works with the new Tesla, released almost a year after the app was last updated? Not bad!

And more indication they just recycled old parts (boards) for the new wheel.:efef3d5527: (My personal explanation for the existence of 67.2V Teslas)

22 minutes ago, stevedig said:

i got an e-mail from jason this morning. he says gotway is releasing a new apk, no registration required.

No doubt it's appearance will be well after my new wheel arrives. just wondering how much tinkering i'm in for.

Gotway has not changed the Bluetooth module and related software in their wheels for a couple of years. That's why they require you to use the power button in different ways to control the lights on the Tesla, instead of updating the app.

That's good for stability (e.g., I can continue to use an old app and I have all the functionality work across all of their wheels), but bad for new wheel features.

Archived