Gotway MSuper3 - Axle Problem?

Fabris

21 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Oh good gosh the poor thing!  

Based on the side panel being loose like that it looks like you took quite a tumble! Hope you're all right?!

This is the first time I've seen a motor lock up quite like this Marty.  It seems like when @Fabris is turning the wheel by hand it's able to freely spin for several inches before suddenly locking up, which makes me think that it's something a little different. If it were shorted motor wires, wouldn't it be hard-to-turn and/or jerky from almost any angle? I don't have any personal experience with a broken axle, but that's what it seems like to me... The only other thing I can think of is that something extremely large is stuck up in the case or protruding from it into the spokes of the wheel, which might explain the large range of motion... 

I don't know... I'm new here and defer to your wisdom, but that's my two cents on the matter.

But the Hall Sensor failure is real - that beep sequence means that one or more sensors are destroyed.

Once he opens the wheel it'll all become apparent what has failed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

But the Hall Sensor failure is real - that beep sequence means that one or more sensors are destroyed.

Once he opens the wheel it'll all become apparent what has failed.

My apologies Marty, I can absolutely believe that a Hall sensor could have failed and did not mean to imply otherwise. I was just talking about the specifics of how the wheel was locking up.

Unfortunately I don't own a Gotway wheel yet (will hopefully be changing that in about a month or so:w00t2:) and so can't comment on things like beep error codes, but I'm hoping that someday I'll have everything about these amazing machines figured out so I can make a good contribution here. 

12 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

My apologies Marty, I can absolutely believe that a Hall sensor could have failed and did not mean to imply otherwise. I was just talking about the specifics of how the wheel was locking up.

Unfortunately I don't own a Gotway wheel yet (will hopefully be changing that in about a month or so:w00t2:) and so can't comment on things like beep error codes, but I'm hoping that someday I'll have everything about these amazing machines figured out so I can make a good contribution here. 

No apologies needed :)

Hopefully he'll let us know what he finds and tell us about the circumstances which broke his wheel.

Archived