Solowheel Commercials Playing

Marty Backe

After watching a YouTube video totally unrelated to EUCs, Google showed me a Solowheel commercial. That's a first.

Although I have no interest in Solowheel wheels, I thought the ad was very nicely done. This is what I saw.

And there's a couple more that they released yesterday

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not bad (but not too good either).

Oh how the mighty (well, not even that) have fallen. Selling overpriced rebrands of 18 months ago's latest wheels. What could have been...

But the commercial is nice. Even is they don't buy a Solowheel, maybe the ad will help to attract more people.

Aw man, we must have missed the call to appear in the commercial!  We still need to see @Stan Onymous's video!  :w00t2:  Where is that guy?

Oh well, from the commercials it looks like Solowheel encourages not using safety gear while using the Glide.  <insert pregnant pause here>  I guess one could say that the Glide lifestyle is all about unprotected riding practices and just enjoying being in the moment.  :whistling:

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw man, we must have missed the call to appear in the commercial!  We still need to see @Stan Onymous's video!  :w00t2:  Where is that guy?

Oh well, from the commercials it looks like Solowheel encourages not using safety gear while using the Glide.  <insert pregnant pause here>  I guess one could say that the Glide lifestyle is all about unprotected riding practices and just enjoying being in the moment.  :whistling:

Yeah, it's funny huh. No safety gear - that doesn't look sexy enough.

Very strange, and the only two models offered are the Glide 2 and Glide 3.  Sort of like the Ninebot shutting down of unauthorised resellers, but there doesn't  seem to be any place to buy  the new Solowheels except the website.

It seems that Inmotion is out of the US market for some reason.

On 11/16/2017 at 5:38 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Miss Kingsong says always wear your safety gear (while not wearing any). It's all quite bizarre.

23 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:dribble: Miss KingSong is smokin' hot.  What did I just watch there?  :confused1:   Some kind of badly dubbed instructional video with some suggestive instructions in it?  Touch it touch it touch it longer longer longer... :w00t2:

Here's more of Miss KS telling us not to do something while demonstrating it, all without protective gear.

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

Very strange, and the only two models offered are the Glide 2 and Glide 3.  Sort of like the Ninebot shutting down of unauthorised resellers, but there doesn't  seem to be any place to buy  the new Solowheels except the website.

It seems that Inmotion is out of the US market for some reason.

FYI, Solowheel bought Inmotion. That's why all Inmotion wheels have disappeared in the USA. Solowheel is rebranding them and hiking the prices.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Here's more of Miss KS telling us not to do something while demonstrating it, all without protective gear.

Riding the center ridges in the pedestrian overpasses is one of my favorite places to ride in Shenzhen.And the park in the video looks like one in central Shenzhen where I met up with @John Eucist and his girlfriend for a group ride.

8 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Miss Kingsong says always wear your safety gear (while not wearing any). It's all quite bizarre.

Just the usual disconnect between words and deeds. Oscar Wilde allegedly expressed it this way:

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on.  It is never any use to oneself.

Archived