Transitioning to a large battery EUC

Bob Eisenman

Do large battery (1,300wh and up) EUCs require special rider handling?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Riding a heavy (large battery) EUC can produce some unique aches and pains from attempting to control it

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Walking (trolley, seat or handle) my heavy (large battery) EUC takes a firmer grip than a lighter EUC

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Handling a large battery EUC with one foot can result in uncontrollable tip overs

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes it starts to tip away from me
  4. 4. My ability to control a heavy (large battery) EUC while stationary poses a higher risk to nearby pedestrians

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. After some practice my ability to control a heavy (big battery) EUC while moving is about the same as with a lighter EUC

• Yes
    • No

I bought a 1,600wh Gotway Monster recently. On two occasions while either walking it, lightly holding it or 'parking' it the EUC fell out of the upright with subsequent wheel spinning and (conservation of momentum) and body/shell spinning (plus some bouncing) in the opposite direction before turning off. A WheelLog entry says the wheel hit >50 kph before the EUC turned itself off. Damage was limited to a few new scratches.

On more than one occasion while stopped and controlling the EUC with one foot it tended to start to tip itself over, requiring that I grab it quickly with one hand.

As a result of three unexpected tip oversĀ  I use a more deliberate and firmer grip (than on my first few rides) while walking it or parking it against a surface (EUC turned on) and I'm more conservative with one footed control when stopped.

Archived