My Mten3 Broke and What I'm Doing About it

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And some people think that China is going to dominate the world. I laugh.

I thought it was North Korea that was going to dominate the world? 

4 hours ago, radial said:

I don't think this deserves its own thread, so please pardon the brief hijack.  The version of the Gotway app I was using when I first got my Mten3 worked fine.  I don't use the app very often, but there are some parameters you can only change by using it.  Apparently, there was a recent update, at least on the iOS platform?  Suddenly the app is speaking Chinese only.  I get this screen when I try to login:

IMG_4811.thumb.PNG.c73e811002e59af2da79564b3fa15a05.PNG

Click on that first field and you get a drop-down list of various countries.  I select the United States option, but that's as far as I can get.  The second field wants a number, the third one wants an alphanumeric string.  No idea what it's looking for or whether, even if I guessed correctly, the app would suddenly start speaking English.  Help.  

The easiest option is to just give in and learn to read Chinese!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

From the app perspective all Gotway wheels are the same unless DarknessBot filters the wheels based on name, for some odd reason. Too bad.

The developer says the Mten3 is not yet supported in DarknessBot.  Maybe that will be an option in the future.  Right now, I just wish I could roll back to the last version of the Gotway app.  It worked fine.  

Just so you HotWay rider don't think you are being unfairly picked on by wayward app "sidegrades". A while back I opened the KrackSong app to discover it had become some Chinese social media experiment. I was able to find the screens (white background)that controlled the wheel so that wasn't so bad. Then a few weeks later, it was gone and I was back to the original app ( dark background, green characters). At no time did I accept anything or select an upgrade. Weird huh?!

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the riding mode. Three choices from soft to hard.

WheelLog for Android allows you to change the mode and I think (but not positive) that DarknessBot for IOS also allows you to change the ride mode.

Are you Android or IOS?

I wasn't sure where this went, as I can't remember where we had the discussion, but, in reference to riding modes, and @Marty Backe s question of me, the answer is YES; on a KS16s you can switch riding mode while actually moving at speed. You can feel the pedals snap to the new riding mode as you select it. A little freaky, but not dangerous unless you're riding out top speed tilt back or something else as stupid?.

As for the 14c, I can't do that test yet because mine is in pieces like a Star Wars android in an alien ships garbage hold, waiting for a glass blower to make me a new axle. 

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the riding mode. Three choices from soft to hard.

WheelLog for Android allows you to change the mode 

How do you change the mode in WheelLog?.  I look in my WheelLog I don't see any function to change it.

20 minutes ago, NBC44 said:

How do you change the mode in WheelLog?.  I look in my WheelLog I don't see any function to change it.

launch wheel log and connect to your ride. then sweep from left to right across the screen to get into the settings screen. right to left brings the long list of info screen and a second time the graphs screen. sweep the other way, you have to start at the left edge of the screen, and it will show you settings where you can change it to display mph instead of kph and various other things including alarm modes and ride modes for gotway wheels.

1 hour ago, stevedig said:

launch wheel log and connect to your ride. then sweep from left to right across the screen to get into the settings screen. right to left brings the long list of info screen and a second time the graphs screen. sweep the other way, you have to start at the left edge of the screen, and it will show you settings where you can change it to display mph instead of kph and various other things including alarm modes and ride modes for gotway wheels.

I can see the alarm settings but not ride mode settings.  Is there any way that the mten3 can not be set the ride mode in WheelLog?

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

I wasn't sure where this went, as I can't remember where we had the discussion, but, in reference to riding modes, and @Marty Backe s question of me, the answer is YES; on a KS16s you can switch riding mode while actually moving at speed. You can feel the pedals snap to the new riding mode as you select it. A little freaky, but not dangerous unless you're riding out top speed tilt back or something else as stupid?.

As for the 14c, I can't do that test yet because mine is in pieces like a Star Wars android in an alien ships garbage hold, waiting for a glass blower to make me a new axle. 

That would be so cool to have that capability with Gotway.

1 minute ago, NBC44 said:

I can see the alarm settings but not ride mode settings.  Is there any way that the mten3 can not be set the ride mode in WheelLog?

You need to be using the 'forked' version of WheelLog, which has all the cool new features. Here's the one that I'm using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc8swvnsgkkm5ai/Forked WheelLog_17092017.apk?dl=0

When logging in it asks you for a password (required for the Inmotion wheels). Just ignore and click OK.

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You need to be using the 'forked' version of WheelLog, which has all the cool new features. Here's the one that I'm using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc8swvnsgkkm5ai/Forked WheelLog_17092017.apk?dl=0

When logging in it asks you for a password (required for the Inmotion wheels). Just ignore and click OK.

doey this version show 84volt for the gw wheels?

15 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

doey this version show 84volt for the gw wheels?

No. I only care about the battery, temperature, and speed so I'm not bothered by the lack of proper voltage values.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No. I only care about the battery, temperature, and speed so I'm not bothered by the lack of proper voltage values.

me to, i just wanted to know if there is any difference to the Version i have....

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks Marty, you are the best.

• 1 month later...

Consider using thick braided metal loom connectors instead of the thin solid strips.  This rebuilt 620wh mten2 pack gives you an idea that you can solder a pack reliably. 

Archived