AirCruiser Brand

AlanR

Specs listed as 18km/h top speed, 1 hour charging time (so probably 132Wh or 170Wh) here: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wangara/skateboards-rollerblades/aircruiser-electric-scooter-high-spec-brand-new/1082999542

The shell is a new kind to me (there are about 10-15 typical shells for generics, search aliexpress for "electric unicycle" and check through ten or so pages, then you've seen them all), but I suspect it's yet another typical generic, so probably 14" with 350W motor, starts tilting back and beeping around 12km/h, full tilt around 15km/h, shuts off somewhere between 15-18km/h, depending on rider weight and the battery is good for around 10-15km.

Thanks very much esaj, I am a very recent enthusiast to electric unicycles. I have ridden [a rode a few metres after about 10 mins!] on the one you referenced [gumtree....] Aliexpress has hundreds!! Where does one start to select good from bad!!

Knowing nothing and with zero experience I am interested in what members of this forum have to say about it.  The Gumtree advert gives the following specs - Max Speed: About 18km⁄h, Mileage: About 20 – 30km, Max load: 120kg, Charger: AC 220V 50-60Hz, Charging time: Approx 1 hour, Dim: 420 x 160 x 480mm, Features: Low battery indicator & Overspeed protection.  What do you think of these specs?  What other important specs should I look for?

Being generic, does it mean uncertain backup service, parts etc? 

Thanks again

Thanks very much esaj, I am a very recent enthusiast to electric unicycles. I have ridden [a rode a few metres after about 10 mins!] on the one you referenced [gumtree....] Aliexpress has hundreds!! Where does one start to select good from bad!!

Knowing nothing and with zero experience I am interested in what members of this forum have to say about it.  The Gumtree advert gives the following specs - Max Speed: About 18km⁄h, Mileage: About 20 – 30km, Max load: 120kg, Charger: AC 220V 50-60Hz, Charging time: Approx 1 hour, Dim: 420 x 160 x 480mm, Features: Low battery indicator & Overspeed protection.  What do you think of these specs?  What other important specs should I look for?

Being generic, does it mean uncertain backup service, parts etc? 

Thanks again

The Gumtree sounds like "yet another one" to me... The "generic" or "no-name" wheels is an umbrella term for the ubiquitous typical wheels, which have pretty much the same specs, usually the same parts, and sometimes their own shell, but mostly even the shells are similar (like I said, there's something like 10-15 typical different shells for these), only the name on the side will change. I'm not saying they're necessarily bad ones (although there have been instances of batteries made from used cells, non-existing warranty, wheel breaking in a matter of days, dead-on-arrival etc.), and if you can get one really cheap, it might be good for learning (I started with a typical generic). 

Here's a post I wrote as relatively newbie myself, based mostly on what I had read from these forums, but I still think it's a good starting point:

About the terminology: 

Here's a spec-sheet I've been working on, but it's still in the works, missing many wheels, and not all data is probably accurate:  

Edit: And as your next question will be "where to buy", look here:

Archived