We are the Original Inventors of the Solowheel - Ask us your questions!

Inventist

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, 

We've had to discontinue dual riding modes. The alternate riding mode has caused various issues with Solowheels and have resulted in injury of customers. We do not know if the issues were due to rider error, wheel error, or terrain. Until more testing is done there is only one ride mode available. Please submit your comments and questions to repairs@inventist.com

Hi,

My question is: do you plan to sell a SoloWheel with a big battery that can get a long riding range? 500+ Wh

On 1/28/2015, 7:23:56, Inventist said:

We are Inventist Inc. Our founder, Shane Chen is the inventor of the original Solowheel. Ask us your Solowheel questions! 

More Solowheel information here: http://inventist.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=8&Itemid=116

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have got first generation SW with V1 motherboard. As you know it has 12 km/h tilt back speed. Can you say, is there existing firmware for PCB V1, that can run 16 km/h, as all next generation?

I did try to upload two firmwares, one for 40volt, another for 56 volt, but both had 12 km/h tilt back of pads. Is it possible to find 16 km/h firmware for V1 controller?

• 2 months later...

I really would buy an original solowheel. But the price is really high. Especially with this small battery. Battery size is the main point I am hesitating to pay that much money. 

WHY you guys are the only EU company that does not offer different battery sizes or at least the existing models with something between 350 to 400WH. Instead of half of this capacity  or even less... 

I am not willing to pay 2500€ for solowheel xtreme with such a small battery! (or 1800€ for classic).

But I would love to buy it with more battery capacity... 

Greetings 

bego 

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2015 at 2:45 PM, Inventist said:

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, I don't have a date for you at this time. The Orbit is still in the prototype phase. 

It's been over a year and a half since this post, and the new solowheel scorpion is now being released, with still no word on the orbit. @Inventist please give us on update if possible. A short range 4kg EUC would be a revolution in portable electric transportation.

https://www.solowheel.eu/innovations/

If you translate the above in Chrome, it gives you an interesting history of their product line and concepts.  I didn't even know about their Gyrotrax or 5" wheel.  The Scorpion looks to use that shell design from way back that wasn't used.  Very interesting!  Where have I seen that handle before.... hmmm!

2 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Where have I seen that handle before.... hmmm!

Not on a Solowheel - that's for sure. Be interesting to see what the "patent" actually describes.

I wonder if the handle could have another extension (imagine another C shaped piece but attached to the handle end) so when it's deployed in the up lock position there is another shell handle that can be deployed up from the exterior side and locked into place.  That would make it a bit more ergonomic for taller riders.  How's the handle height on the InMotion V5F+?  Is it long enough?

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

I've been involved with Solowheel since late summer 2016, but I've had a lot on my shoulders and haven't had much time to be active in these forums like I used to be. I'm going to try to change that.

Currently I'm spending most of my time working on the retail/service/community concept locally here in Seattle. It keeps me pretty busy, but I'd like to start reaching out to the online EUC community more.  Specific things like future product development, I won't be able to comment on unless I am given direct permission, but I recognize that many of you have been kept in the dark for some time now, so I'll do my best to shed some light on things. :)

18 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Hello all,

I've been involved with Solowheel since late summer 2016, but I've had a lot on my shoulders and haven't had much time to be active in these forums like I used to be. I'm going to try to change that.

Currently I'm spending most of my time working on the retail/service/community concept locally here in Seattle. It keeps me pretty busy, but I'd like to start reaching out to the online EUC community more.  Specific things like future product development, I won't be able to comment on unless I am given direct permission, but I recognize that many of you have been kept in the dark for some time now, so I'll do my best to shed some light on things. :)

Fantastic.  Hear you will here our joys and failures.  You might not understand that this is your best source of information on what we are doing with our wheels, what we like about them and what we need. Marketing and Engineering would see exactly what the new as well as experienced EUC riders need.

All the manufactures would be fools not to have a person dedicated to read our postings. Then engaging us would be the difference of me buying a wheel from you or some forum person recommendation. 

19 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Hello all,

Awesome!

Thank you.

1 minute ago, kasenutty said:

I actually went there on Saturday and tried to recreate it. With only two weeks under my belt, it was not the same, but it was fun!

Awesome idea! Also, hills are very good for training imho, higher demands make you learn much faster.

Archived