We are the Original Inventors of the Solowheel - Ask us your questions!

Inventist

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Orbit is still a ways out.   I've ordered the Extreme which is apparently very close to shipping.   Its probably a safer bet as its more of an evolution of the existing technology (although of course the orbit is very exciting).

For a while I figured that Orbit getting my test according to. The desire to be forgotten.  :D

It's too bad. These views. The test is not going to be any Solowheel. Unless someone importers and others. Be interested. The test would bring them the visibility to be involved. Orbit would have been an eye-catching visibility.  :ph34r:

I hear that Inventist has licences it patents and/or tech to other manufacturers.   Is this true?   If it is I think it would be very useful if you guys maintained a list of licensed manufactures (along with the regions they are licences for).    In particular I'd like to know if other manufactures will be sold legally in the US.  When I see wheels for sale here it would be nice to able to confirm if they are legal or not.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as increasing the top speed of your Solowheel, we are able to program it for faster speeds. *Please do not attempt to do this on your own, as it will void the warranty. And may damage the Solowheel.* If you are interested in this feature, contact us at the link.  http://inventist.com/index.php?option=com_aicontactsafe&view=message&layout=message&pf=1&redirect_on_success=&Itemid=143  

I went to the link you supplied, but I seem to be unable to send you any messages.

Any text that I type into the input fields seems to be invisible. (I am using IE on Windows 7)

Does increasing your speed require a swap of the electronics of the Solowheel (I have a 1500W 2014 model SW)??

I also got a mail this week that the current model Solowheel is now available with a 196Wh battery.

Can you tell me if this new battery can be retrofitted to the 2014 Solowheel I have now?

I also got a mail this week that the current model Solowheel is now available with a 196Wh battery.

Can you tell me if this new battery can be retrofitted to the 2014 Solowheel I have now?

Just go back up about 12 posts and you will see it is a different shape and not possible to upgrade.

I hear that Inventist has licences it patents and/or tech to other manufacturers. Is this true? If it is I think it would be very useful if you guys maintained a list of licensed manufactures (along with the regions they are licences for). In particular I'd like to know if other manufactures will be sold legally in the US. When I see wheels for sale here it would be nice to able to confirm if they are legal or not.

There are no licensing agreements in the US and none of the other wheels are legal in the US. The only licensed patent is the Chinese one.

The Solowheel Xtreme looks perfect! I only wish the battery gave a bit more milage (for my 225lb self), and it was a bit less expensive. But, the Solowheel is top quality, so I guess you do get what you pay for!

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder why Inventist doesn't like giving people options... 

If I was head of marketing / development for them I would give people options in:

Size of the rated engine, such as 500w, 1000w, 1500w etc

Battery size 200wh, 300wh, 400wh etc

Even simple stuff like the color and / or design of the shell.

depending on the options it would also give options in the pricing.

Just now its like we have one mass produced electric unicycle.  If you you don't like it you can go FO!

Not to mention accessories for the SoloWheel such as lights for night time use, official SoloWheel trolly handles... T-shirts, Backpacks, assortment of baseball caps and other hats. Keyrings, reflectors... the list goes on.

Whoever is currently in charge should be shot or at least given an atomic wedgie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alrighty guys- 

The app is coming. It's being worked on as I type. The app is being developed by a long time Solowheel fan. He's creating the app in his spare time. So no, we do not have a dedicated team building the app. What we have is a fan of the product who's interested in providing the best functioning app he can. We don't want to throw an app in to the world that's crap- like the ninebot app that Google Play reviewers hate (currently rated at a 2.7). If we were to put the app into the public right now our app would be rated a 1. It needs more time. We'll release a link via our FB/Twitter pages when it's been completed. Interested in testing the app currently? Shoot customerservice@inventist.com an email. Warning- it's not complete!

There is no longer 2 different ride modes available. There have been too many issues with switching ride modes and we have discontinued this option until further in the future.

I'm not going to tell you that the Orbit is in developmental stages. At this point, the concept has been put off until a later date. The inventor realized that the product is way too fragile for regular use. Especially in the PNW. A little rain/water gets in the unit and bam, it's toast. That's not the type of product we want to give you guys. We want to create solid working products that you can actually use. For now, the Orbit is a concept and will stay that way for some time

We are working on a number of new things. What types of things? COOL THINGS OF COURSE. We won't be posting about our new ideas until we're sure they're ready. We've made the mistake of prematurely releasing information and it's done no good. 

Solowheel.com should not be looked to for answers or information. Have a question? Please email customerservice@inventist.com and we'll get you the most accurate information we can. 

The inventor is highly enthusiastic about new products and new ideas. He's always coming up with something new. This is problematic in some cases because certain things that people get really excited about sometimes get waylaid by the next cool thing. So, again, if you have any questions about what's going on shoot customer service an email. 

We do have a blog going on our website- www.inventist.com It's not exactly a technical blog... and doesn't always have the coolest information..... but we are keeping up on posting things and events that we do. We've also become more active on facebook/twitter/instagram. We finally have a dedicated person checking social media feeds on a daily to weekly basis. 

This forum usually has more technical related questions/discussions going on which I'm (the social media person) not fit to handle and to be perfectly honest our technician just doesn't have the time to check this forum. If you really want a question answered or need any help- send an email to repairs@inventist.com and the tech will get to you when he can. We have lots of stuff going on around here- repairs, prototyping, etc. and the tech is swamped. He will get back to you though. 

Anyway, sorry for the hiatus. If you guys need anything answered or have any issues ---> customerservice@inventist.com or repairs@inventist.com is the best way to get a hold of us. 

Thanks for sticking around!

Wow, thank you for detailed response.   This information is much appreciated.   I will be in touch about getting the my xtreme firmware changed.

cheers,

sam 

Alrighty guys- 

The app is coming. It's being worked on as I type. The app is being developed by a long time Solowheel fan. He's creating the app in his spare time. So no, we do not have a dedicated team building the app. What we have is a fan of the product who's interested in providing the best functioning app he can. We don't want to throw an app in to the world that's crap- like the ninebot app that Google Play reviewers hate (currently rated at a 2.7). If we were to put the app into the public right now our app would be rated a 1. It needs more time. We'll release a link via our FB/Twitter pages when it's been completed. Interested in testing the app currently? Shoot customerservice@inventist.com an email. Warning- it's not complete!

There are technically 2 different ride modes for the Xtreme, however, they cannot be changed by anyone other than a technician. You would need to send your Xtreme in to a technician and sign a waiver to get the faster ride mode. For the Solowheel, you can switch modes on late 2014 and 2015 models. Want to know how to switch the firmware? Send repairs@inventist.com an email to get the link. The tech will also give you a few bits of information about changing the firmware. This information isn't public because, to be blunt, some people just shouldn't have access to the faster/harder firmware. So please, if you're sent the link, do NOT spread it around.   

I'm not going to tell you that the Orbit is in developmental stages. At this point, the concept has been put off until a later date. The inventor realized that the product is way too fragile for regular use. Especially in the PNW. A little rain/water gets in the unit and bam, it's toast. That's not the type of product we want to give you guys. We want to create solid working products that you can actually use. For now, the Orbit is a concept and will stay that way for some time

We are working on a number of new things. What types of things? COOL THINGS OF COURSE. We won't be posting about our new ideas until we're sure they're ready. We've made the mistake of prematurely releasing information and it's done no good. 

Solowheel.com should not be looked to for answers or information. Have a question? Please email customerservice@inventist.com and we'll get you the most accurate information we can. 

The inventor is highly enthusiastic about new products and new ideas. He's always coming up with something new. This is problematic in some cases because certain things that people get really excited about sometimes get waylaid by the next cool thing. So, again, if you have any questions about what's going on shoot customer service an email. 

We do have a blog going on our website- www.inventist.com It's not exactly a technical blog... and doesn't always have the coolest information..... but we are keeping up on posting things and events that we do. We've also become more active on facebook/twitter/instagram. We finally have a dedicated person checking social media feeds on a daily to weekly basis. 

This forum usually has more technical related questions/discussions going on which I'm (the social media person) not fit to handle and to be perfectly honest our technician just doesn't have the time to check this forum. If you really want a question answered or need any help- send an email to repairs@inventist.com and the tech will get to you when he can. We have lots of stuff going on around here- repairs, prototyping, etc. and the tech is swamped. He will get back to you though. 

Anyway, sorry for the hiatus. If you guys need anything answered or have any issues ---> customerservice@inventist.com or repairs@inventist.com is the best way to get a hold of us. 

Thanks for sticking around!

Hey and welcome. I hear that because of inventist patents, its the reason we are not seeing alot of the more popular brands sold in the united states. the reason I ask is I feel that we are not seeing a huge boom in the us because there is no competition. And with solowheels being very high priced its limited the average buyer and they just wont purchase. I really wish we can see more authorized sellers of all models in the us because competition can only mean good things for the EUC world

Hey and welcome. I hear that because of inventist patents, its the reason we are not seeing alot of the more popular brands sold in the united states. the reason I ask is I feel that we are not seeing a huge boom in the us because there is no competition. And with solowheels being very high priced its limited the average buyer and they just wont purchase. I really wish we can see more authorized sellers of all models in the us because competition can only mean good things for the EUC world

I too would love to see more legal/licenses/authorized brands for sale in the US.   I hope Inventist can work with other brands on this, but lets not assume that because terms have not yet be agreed that its inventist's fault.

• 2 weeks later...

@Inventist I'm a bit surprised you guys don't have in-house app development. While it probably doesn't make sense to have an 'app guy' on standby for 11 out of 12 months, I am surprised none of the engineers has side experience with app development.

Since you mentioned that the current app is being developed pro-bono by a 'fan' - would you be open to the idea of documenting your Bluetooth API, or at least the parts that you feel will not cause legal liability (i.e. speed control)? There are plenty of people on this forum (myself included) with the know-how and experience to build a companion app.

Very cool they visited the forum nonetheless.

I rode a Solowheel once that was modded by "the tech" and he forbade me to ride it in the fast direction (undisclosed unregulated) so I only rode it in the normal direction.  It felt good and I could get used to it.

Archived