pics.thumb.PNG.5efac5f8819adc07edd132a385c59a0a.PNG

PRICE:

The Mini PLUS is sold in China for 3499 元
that is 448 euros / 528 dollars
Gearbest sells 455 euros / 529 dollars with no shipping or customs fees
It's really the best price we can find

The Order:

I get my Mini PLUS with Gearbest
The purchase was done without problem, I paid with Paypal, I enabled the return support option, I also took out insurance on my order (for the equivalent of 5 euros)

The package was sent five days after the order. The first tracking number (track order 1) was only active after one week on the Chinese carrier's website. The invoice is available in PDF in the client interface. Shipping costs are free

c.thumb.PNG.87a0dae127b0246109fd651fb8c5b054.PNG

How will the package travel?
1 / it is sent from the seller to the Chinese carrier located at the beginning of the China Europe rail freight line

2 / the Chinese carrier will put it in a container . The container will be placed on a rail freight car

3 / the train that connects China to Europe will travel 10,000 km, in two weeks, crossing Kazhakstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland.

a.PNG.b18b7ea0b604372cbe8cbac516f953ed.PNG

4 / Arrived in Poland, the package is supported by a Chinese carrier which entrusts it to a European carrier

5 / This transition will take a week or two because there are tons of goods to dispatcher

6/ From the time where a European carrier in Poland take charge of the package, until delivery to your home, it takes five days It is from Poland that the tracking number 2 (track order 2) is edited
The parcel was delivered to me by UPS. The package was in good condition. It is very heavy: 20kg

b.PNG.2d99a947d6bbc2cc14e96d5e085a3c15.PNG

Unpacked:

1.PNG.e6bd264fb12599dcde5174df86af53c8.PNG

2.png.1be1da9b7a6874f18c5b7050aad20648.png

Assembling

3.PNG.e894a6d3df259f92c93afb524c635318.PNG

4.PNG.50c79bc2f0e967574d5106371c8e60e1.PNG 21.png.efc0613eaec86e95a64374b5165e3333.png

The steering cover must be correctly and carefully laid,
pressed, nothing should exceed engaged plastic level, to remove it takes long nails

6.png.b78361685d62c82816d400e31d1b3e75.png

7.png.ce13722cd22bebec04b2e3467cf7a135.png

Activation:

Is done using an account that you have already created on the application, with an email, a name.
Launch the application by connecting to it, update the firmware in "VEHICLE SETTINGS", click on "ACTIVATE THE DEVICE", enter USER NAME / REAL NAME / EMAIL, accept the conditions, refuse the proposed insurance (only for customers Chinese), finally the message "ACTIVATION COMPLETED" appears.

vlcsnap-2017-11-08-09h28m25s935.thumb.png.7f590d799e06746aa39d8ecb26d06f8e.png

You can switch to tutorials: follow them for driving and using the remote control. Once completed, you will have a final message on the complete activation, you must travel 1 km at the speed limit of 10km / h, once reached, you can unlock the mode "LIMIT OFF".

Driving & speed: it goes more than 19kmh in speed! Obstacle clearances are simpler, the range is very good, even with low temperatures, the technology is really improved since Mini Pro & Mini models.

The mode "Follow Me" is great! The remote control to a fabulous joystick for the "REMOTE MODE"

vlcsnap-2017-11-08-10h16m07s352.png.9a597a035be3aa5fc1b9290c04fcd621.png vlcsnap-2017-11-08-10h08m49s813.png.d55d7a4069cdafb63f2b555c19d7323d.png

The Mini Plus is really beautiful, the aesthetics is very nice

MODE FOLLOW ME:

With the remote control, be careful not to swing when walking, do not put it in the pocket, let discover the top of the remote.

Useful? Yes, in some cases, walk in the forest, or slippery terrain for the ride.

Protections: 

I chose as my previous Mini, 3M adhesive silicone protections Billat designed for car mirrors. They absorb shock well. 

image.png  image.png

Of course, you can choose to buy the bumper dedicated to Mini PLUS

Anticollision-stainless-steel-frame-Bump

-font-b-Xiaomi-b-font-font-b-Mini-b-font

image.png

The bumpers in black and transparent silicone on my Mini

The transparent silicone bumpers on my Mini PLUS

On the edge of the chest, bonding is not total, it could come off, do regular pressure from right to left, so that the sticky surface adheres to the maximum. 

image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg
image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg

Preventing air leaks and punctures:

When using the Mini, the tire can leak air under the effect of weight and terrain

The tire is found deflated and we find no traces of punctures

Using liquid silicone, it will "glue" the tire to the rim

It will surely wait for the next shock will leave exhausts air and inflate again the tire to the correct pressure, so that the liquid "glue" the tire to the rim, hardening

And in case of puncture, the liquid silicone hardens on contact with air

Mini PLUS is equipped with a valve Presta, unscrew using a disassembled shell

Once the air has escaped, plan half a bottle of Zeafal Sealant
Press the tire and release to aspirate the fluid
Clean the valve with a cotton swab
Screw the shell back, inflate to pressure 3.1 bar-45PSI

image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg
image.jpg  image.jpg  

image.jpg

Keep the box and use the base ...

Lighting / Headlight integrated in the steering:
Compared to the Mini / MiniPro, having positioned a unique and powerful lighthouse in the middle of the steering bar is a good initiative,
Original idea or observation made about the improvements made by the users of Mini who fixed lighting in the same place of their steering bar?

20171114_231519.jpg.92a620d50f146a5bba4a2c7ef5003f32.jpg

Road tests, sidewalks & off road

Outside temperature: between 12 ° C and 9 ° C (53.6-48.2F)
Total ride time: 1h33
Total mileage 24.7 km / 14,91291 miles
Average speed: between 15 and 17kmh (9,32057- 10,5633mph)
Total mileage since I received it, 13 days ago: 176 km / 109,361 miles

So I compared the speed of the application with that of a running app in bike mode

On the alternative application, a speed peak was reached at the start of the ride at 18.5 km / h 11,18468 mph

The "Limitt Off" at Segway was at 19kmh 11,8061mph

When the Segway application displays 18-19 km / h the alternative application displays 2km less, we drive at 16-17 km/ h  9,94194- 10,5633 mph

However, at a slower speed the difference is decreased, and we have almost the same speed

Peak speeds at 20kmh are rarely achieved in both apps, although the Segway app shows 19-20 km / h 11,8061- 12,4274 mph

The alternative application estimates the duration of this peak speed to about 3 seconds, before the tiltback brings the PLUS to less than 19kmh  12,4274 mph

Because between 18kmh and 19kmh it is rare that the tiltback is alarmed, so we easily roll at a speed of between 18-19kmh at Segway, 17/18 km / h 10,5633 11,1847mph-  in alternative application

Crossing sidewalks and other obstacles (pipes, tar grooves ...):

As well taken from the bias the crossing is impeccable as much he can hit a miserable obstacle and emit a beep of droid not happy

Stability, reactivity:

The machine is stable on road, gravel, leaf, but in a straight line. On curves, turns, because of its power, I had trouble controlling my pressure on the pads.

My opinion, the pads are too big, I wear 44, and I try to position my feet in the center as it should, but it's still difficult time for a ride

The vibration of the control bar with the trunk is annoying, it emits a sound of plastic continuously,
at a certain speed or according to a grainy ground
On a new and smooth road, it is only happiness, silent, stable, no vibration, no drift of the machine

Plus is stable it drifts little, compared to Mini. But is it due to the firmware? My Mini is more flexible and sporty to drive than my Plus.

TIRES QUALITY

Again, Ninebot has improved over the Mini & Mini PRO tires.

Tires are reinforced on the sides.

For the Mini & Mini PRO, it is a sensitive area for punctures because it is difficult to repair on the sides with wicks.

In addition, sporty driving and cornering accelerate the wear on the sides of the tires of older models.

In the middle of the tire of the Mini PLUS, there is a reinforced edge which, again, is well thought out.

Indeed, the stagnant and girations use the flat area of the tires enormously, here for the Mini PLUS, it is a reinforced zone.

image.jpg  image.jpg  image.jpg
image.jpg  image.jpg

Accident:

I almost took a nice bowl when the right wheel climbed on a pine tree half flattened (height over 3cm)

The right wheel went crazy,
it skated on it, I was destabilized, a very long sound signal was emitted,
I had to jump back and quickly catch up with the Plus before it hit a wall

Battery level:

I had a range of 4.5 km, 2,48548 miles  the maximum speed reached and in tilt back is 17kmh, the "Limit Off" is 16kmh, corresponding to 14/15 km / h in alternative application 

After a warm hour at home, two bars were displayed with an availability of 8.4 km 4,97097miles

Use of the "Follow Me" & "Remote" Mode:
So, always good, responsive, does not really consume, on the other hand, has it favored the disconnection of the Mini PLUS bluetooth?

Personal conclusion:

For less than 500 euros, we finally have a correct price for a Mini, spend more frankly I do not recommend, go ask those who paid a Mini Pro more than 700 euros

Justify a higher price because of the remote control and the mode "Follow Me" it does not hold because we find this technology on drones less than 150 euros

The remote control with its super joystick does not slip hands, it is aesthetic, a damper on active keys: blue light is hard to see without putting the remote in the shadow of the hand.

The Mini PLUS is beautiful, The plastic of the chassis and control bar is resistant , even though I have a concern about the plastic mudguards: indeed, these form a single block with the base pad, so in case of big shock that cracked the corner mudguard / base, the whole room would have to change.

The tires of their design do not allow to make pretty figures of style in turn, slowing down as I can do with my Mini. Driving is less sporty for my taste

The lighting is perfect for the front, the field is wider than the Mini PLUS itself,   the back, however, is not enough to be seen correctly, we must add a bright armband, for security.
The side lighting is beautiful and of course can be modified via the application

The tiltback beeps are annoying because more powerful than the Mini. The feeling TiltBack may have declined (-0.4)

White is dirty !
Plan baby wipes, I also plan to add a sticker protection inside each mudguard, there is a shoe / flank friction of the fender, in the long run it will be difficult to clean.

The Mini PLUS will exist only in white, it is Wang, number 2 of Ninebot who assured it (in any case for the N4M340). Maybe the Western model (n4m350) will have a black variant that I advise you. But the blue lighting is superb with the white.

The slow charge is endless but it's three times the power of my Mini, one and a half times that of a Mini Pro. The battery being only thirteen days, it tends to improve.

The weight of the control bar really not possible to place the Mini PLUS against a wall, the kickstand will be essential

The resistant handles, compared to those of my Mini (which were not really handles) can lift, carry the Mini PLUS: we finally have a Mini TRANSPORTABLE !

Various expenses: yes there is some, zefal sealant for the tires, door protections for the front & back, I consider buy latter a tracker sim-gps in case of theft, and some stickers of additional protections.

If you have less than 500 euros to spend, that you can afford to finish your month correctly, and the next month go to a concert, go on a weekend, go out with friends, in this case, yes I advise you his purchase.

But you have to be a cool guy, do not look for speed,

18 kmh ( 11,1847mph) announced in China or 20 kmh ( 12,4274 mph)  maxi advertised in the West, it's the same, we talk about the peak speed, and the one I've already reached a few seconds, it's just an interpretation commercial about the limits of the Mini PLUS.

Wait for spring, winter and low temperatures clutch both the rider and the Mini PLUS in its potential.

On the other hand if you are in a hurry, that you search the speed, turn rather towards a electric scooter or an EUC.

The Mini PLUS hits the road, right, endless, but not more than 17-18 km/h  (10,5633-11,1847mph) in cruising speed, it allowed me such talk with raptors that revolved around me ....

Good ride to all ?

Jojo33/Mini-J

20171108_192434-02.jpeg 44.jpeg.9626c31d06abf8ebffc416dedb299fa3.jpeg

For see internal pictures is here by ecodrift.ru

For American buyers 

jojo33 helpfully pointed out another seller who does post to Australia, but for quite a high freight price (not surprising due to size and weight).  But if you buy from abroad you are gambling with the chance that it will be seized at the port as it's not a legal device over here.  If you buy from someone who has already imported it, then at least you know you will get it - but at an inflated price.

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

@Ozpeter all i can sugest you today, wait, because the first serial released by the factory is not perfect

With the experience of prior Minis, I expect that the Plus is fully functional.

A lot is of business and the future of this transformer brand is based on a satisfied deployment.

From what I perceive, the Mini has a larger market than the EUC.

25 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

From what I perceive, the Mini has a larger market than the EUC.

I do not really agree
there are many more EUC users than Mini in the West
the Mini is expensive, has a lower autonomy than the EUC, a lower speed
In China, Ninebot wanted to sell a product accessible to young people, the Mini costs 250 euros, Plus costs 450 euros

In China, there may have been over 900,000 Mini sold, 80% of Chinese users are under 30
In France it's the opposite ;)

But in the West it's not the same, because the prices when it was released were around 1000 euros
The Mini Plus was announced in Berlin for 1000 dollars, about 850 euros
This is not the same perspective as in China, In Europe, resellers know that it is a niche product and that the margin may be important
The EUCs are very expensive but sell well, they go faster, further, and yet they have only one engine, one wheel

Many users have abandoned the Mini to buy a EUC

5 hours ago, jojo33 said:

I do not really agree
there are many more EUC users than Mini in the West
the Mini is expensive, has a lower autonomy than the EUC, a lower speed
In China, Ninebot wanted to sell a product accessible to young people, the Mini costs 250 euros, Plus costs 450 euros

In China, there may have been over 900,000 Mini sold, 80% of Chinese users are under 30
In France it's the opposite ;)

But in the West it's not the same, because the prices when it was released were around 1000 euros
The Mini Plus was announced in Berlin for 1000 dollars, about 850 euros
This is not the same perspective as in China, In Europe, resellers know that it is a niche product and that the margin may be important
The EUCs are very expensive but sell well, they go faster, further, and yet they have only one engine, one wheel

Many users have abandoned the Mini to buy a EUC

Yes, that’s exactly why NineBot sees the bigger market and future with the Mini.

Recently the name was changed to Segway NineBot.  This means a market familiar with a two wheel transporter.  The robotics future is with the Mini.

With the recent $100 million injection, it will go to development and marketing the Mini.

The EUC will continue to be an afterthought.

On ‎20‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 4:15 PM, cloudust said:

@jojo33 Does your ninebot plus have CE sticker on it?

Doesn't look like it is CE-approved, only CCC (China Compulsory Certificate mark) according to wheels/motors pics. Nothing unusual for products sold in Mainland China though.

10 hours ago, Vik's said:

Doesn't look like it is CE-approved, only CCC (China Compulsory Certificate mark) according to wheels/motors pics. Nothing unusual for products sold in Mainland China though.

so it cannot be used in Europe legally and won't be serviced if something is wrong. I think EUR999 including VAT maybe justifiable. 

13 hours ago, cloudust said:

so it cannot be used in Europe legally and won't be serviced if something is wrong. I think EUR999 including VAT maybe justifiable. 

That's the risks of buying directly from China - the quality is probably the same but Ninebot wll definitely not honor the warranty and then it's all at the mercy of the seller (gearbest is one of the good shops though)... Not sure about legal side of this... As long as you don't have to register miniplus as "vehicle" it should be OK?

2 hours ago, Vik's said:

That's the risks of buying directly from China - the quality is probably the same but Ninebot wll definitely not honor the warranty and then it's all at the mercy of the seller (gearbest is one of the good shops though)... Not sure about legal side of this... As long as you don't have to register miniplus as "vehicle" it should be OK?

Agreed.

It should be ok.

If it runs fine initially, my experience with the MiniPro has been that it will last.

I have obtained minor replacement parts, and the wait may be longer for MiniPlus parts.

@cloudust

Not agree, a price over 500 euros for this product is never justifiable, like you can see how Ninebot prices variations made many users furious

Lost 45% value in few month

germ.png.63a848324d7c5a640997e13aadb43e1e.png

fr.png.5354c9ea276659bed29702bb66c2a20a.png

usa2.thumb.PNG.3cd38ec40074ffa5ae4c16ce93254898.PNG

Now all Mini pro are selling around 500-600 euros

A good released price in Europa or in USA for the Mini PLUS maybe is 699/799, not more

The Mini PLUS pass FCC test and agreement last June  , and was released in China July 11, after the FCC Agreement, it's the same production 

UL too appear into chinese specsheet

23072017.thumb.PNG.b9b0efd9f2f13dd89398c126cda71c64.PNG

And now Ninebot restructuration accross Europa , the head of SEGWAY-NINEBOT is in Netherland

23072017.thumb.PNG.b9b0efd9f2f13dd89398c126cda71c64.PNG

segtest.thumb.PNG.34bee225fee3697d1dab1e10c77a0399.PNG

On 11/22/2017 at 11:22 PM, Vik's said:

Exactly, If you buy it directly from chinese marketplace you must choice seller accepting paypal, paid by paypal and take additional insurance, the seller must be serious and provide and respect his own garanty

Like with gearbest 1 year garanty and 45 days money back

458745.PNG.961927fe18494fe7b0e406a3195b992e.PNG

What's happen if i need change tire? I know do it myself

What's happen if there's any bug with firmware? I reset it, I ask forum community, i search into chinese forum how to do for resolve this problem

What happen if i broke my mini, and i need change parts? I look for into chinese sellers if they sell these parts, or i ask my seller if he can provide me this part

What a local buyer with an official segway-ninebot dealer have to do for repair his tire? He call his local segway, segway send a coupon for returning the Mini, change tire and the customer need to pay the reparation service and new tire

What happen if a local customer have a big bug with his ninebot bought to his official local segway?

Segway send a free return coupon, and generally reset or change for a new the device who is returning to the customer

It's all

I have a Mini since last March 2016, imported from China, now i ride more than 3800 km with ! Few bugs, very few, battery is good, i change myself tires, it was hard but i do it,  ah, yes, in june 2016,  the firmware downgrading we found with Denniss and Alexander help me front to the awfull V127/128 Firmware (who were officialy recognized by Ninebot China as a big mistake, one year after) http://www.ninebot.cn/News-newsdetail-id-131.html

Well, a Chinese Mini Plus have  exactly the same quality and production, except for.....................the charger and the package, ah i forget and the technician training for mini plus reparation.....stock of spare parts....

it's all

Everybody is free spend 500 euros more, paid the double the price 999 euros of the chinese price (445 euros),  What can you do with 500 euros if tomorrow we give you this amount? Restaurant? Week-end travel? Concert, Clothes, gift, ? 500 is bigger today for much people, 

Why not ask directly Mister Dennis Hardholt  Segway Europe president in Netherland why he is thinking 999 euros is a good price? For who? Not for me, not for people who win less than 1500 euros/month, not for my neighboorood 

why is this niche product so expensive? "That won’t come as cheap, though; Hardholdt predicted a $1,000 price tag at its Q4 debut. That may be a tough sell, but at least nobody’s trying to suggest this two-wheeled conveyance will change the world." (from https://finance.yahoo.com/news/segway-wants-transport-tourists-mall-cops-204613976.html)

If you prefer buy it in Europa or in USA, please wait, next spring, sure prices variation will give better prices around 600/700 euros, i wish you this price

And really it's better buy it for spring or summer for us we live in this globe area

Mr Wang, Ninebot China Number 2 said me : "Please say to yours visitors is not us who decides prices in Europa"

Ninebot lauch Mini in 2015 after a long R&D from the Elite Modele ( Mini design history https://sites.google.com/view/mini-j-world/wikimini/mini-design-history or directly to chinese diary http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D43 1/23

The wish from Ninebot team was to offer to everybody in China a good product but cheaper, no more than 1999 rmb/ 255 euros ! An affordable price for student and workers , and they have reaped profits at Ninebot, With this price the first released days , Ninebot sold more than 1 millions of devices

A Mini Pro is a Mini with a better battery and a customization...

Seriously, a price difference around 500 euros, is it for R&D about charger and packaging you think? 

:D

Archived