Gotway Tesla vs KS16S?

guyr

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Could you please provide some context to all of these pictures. From personal experience I would be surprised if this is not a consequence of extreme riding conditions.

User described it as: he has experience with using old fashioned IPS and Airwheel wheels, used to ride them on weekends.

Issue happened during regular ride with friend, who saw the smoke trail from Tesla, then they stopped and turned it off and never tried to turn on again before service diagnostic.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

In worst way. Hard power cutoff with following faceplant, broken nose, damaged hand, ruined clothes, etc.

2016-10-03 10.56.27.jpg

Wow, Thats terrible! Ruined clothes! Oh the humanity!  But seriously, I'm glad you recovered.

"Marriage" Read "ultimately failed institution"  But we keep trying anyway.

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

ultimately failed institution

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

Wow, Thats terrible! Ruined clothes! Oh the humanity! 

Bloody scars messed with "just bought brand new glorious" jeans and stuff... :cry2:
Kind of red salad dish!

54 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

giphy.gif

Bloody scars messed with "just bought brand new glorious" jeans and stuff... :cry2:
Kind of red salad dish!

OMG who's having sex with a fox!!??:mellow:

Red salad jeans, Nah! wear them with pride.  Chicks dig scars.:thumbup:

On 24.11.2017 at 12:30 PM, Smoother said:

Wow, Tesla comes with smoke screen feature.  NICE!!:D

So does it mean, the Tesla is the same quality shit like the other Gotways ?

I'll watch the developments until next April/May, when I intend to buy the next EUC in spring 2018.

32 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

So does it mean, the Tesla is the same shit like the other Gotways ?

So does it mean, the Tesla is the same quality shit like the other Gotways ?

Yes.

I'd still buy the Tesla over the KS16s given  adequate post sales support and a few more months. Gotways are magnificent death machines, and are hospital patient's favorite owners. No kidding.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I’m new to the forum and new owner of Gotway Tesla but I’m having some problems. I haven’t ridden it outside yet but in doors. When I roll it around or ride it I get this loud noise, sounds like the tire rubbing up against something inside it. Also, I have scuffs and marks all over the unit so it doesn’t appear to be in “new” condition, wondering are they ridden for a while for testing?

I asked for a replacement but they told me they can’t just replace the unit they have to fix it... ugh! Is this typical for these types of devices? I honestly don’t want my “new” Tesla fixed, I want it working like it should. Thanks in advance for your help with this. 

3 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

Hello, I’m new to the forum and new owner of Gotway Tesla but I’m having some problems. I haven’t ridden it outside yet but in doors. When I roll it around or ride it I get this loud noise, sounds like the tire rubbing up against something inside it. Also, I have scuffs and marks all over the unit so it doesn’t appear to be in “new” condition, wondering are they ridden for a while for testing?

I asked for a replacement but they told me they can’t just replace the unit they have to fix it... ugh! Is this typical for these types of devices? I honestly don’t want my “new” Tesla fixed, I want it working like it should. Thanks in advance for your help with this. 

No, there shouldnt be any scuffs and marks all over, a new Tesla should be in nice condition!

For the tire...do you enough air/pressure inside? normally you have to fill the tire up! might be its rubbing in the shell because its much to weak!

I put more air in the tire 43 psi. I purchased it from Brad at gotwayamerica. I emailed him literally 20 min after UPS delivered it explaining some of the issues. Also sent him a video of the loud sound I get when just rolling it around but he said he can only fix it and not replace it. Personally, if you have to fix my brand new item I don’t want it... the seal was broken as well but thinking it was because they needed to test the unit but if they tested it how did they not hear the loud rubbing sound when it’s being rolled. 

Yeah, some minor scratches on front and black black panels. Pads had a cover on them but some how the side panels where you grip with your ankles is scratched up as if the pads didn’t have the protective sleeve for a while and then they added them on later before shipping to me. 

65A3CFFE-FF05-42E7-9207-710972BEC6D0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wldcohso said:

No. A new wheel should look like any other new device that you've purchased. All of my Gotway and KingSong wheels came out of their boxes looking pristine.

If you bought it from a reputable dealer than I (me personally) would demand a replacement. You can also connect to the wheel and see how many miles are on it. This will tell you if you've been sold a 'used' wheel. The mileage should be very close to 0-miles.

Wow, have to say I’m let down by gotway service. I was so darn excited out this world to get one while my fiancé tells me I’m going out my mind getting one lol.. Brad responded back but wasn’t a good response and just not what I expected. He approached me as if this my fault... ugh! So darn frustrating.. I’m not even sure how it got to sue me when all I’ve done is report back what’s happening with my unicycle. Just turns me off from wanting to get into uncycling.

Sent him a video of the loud rubbing noise but he doesn’t consider it a defect.  Told my this is for DYI people and that maybe the wheel needs to be bent straight, told him I’m  ot doing all that to my 1500 device and he got upset after that... :( 

91718541-233F-4307-AC72-7A2359B70210.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

Wow, have to say I’m let down by gotway service. I was so darn excited out this world to get one while my fiancé tells me I’m going out my mind getting one lol.. Brad responded back but wasn’t a good response and just not what I expected. He approached me as if this my fault... ugh! So darn frustrating.. I’m not even sure how it got to sue me when all I’ve done is report back what’s happening with my unicycle. Just turns me off from wanting to get into uncycling. 

F38E00E1-942B-4EDF-B861-8E4F7287C758.jpeg

First of all, this is not Gotway service. Don't be fooled by the name Gotway America. They are just a dealer, not part of Gotway.

What you posted is very discouraging, but I will say that you only posted one side of the story. Before I past judgment on Gotway America I would want to see the entire thread of discussion because any single post can be made to look bad when taken out of context. BTW, I don't want to see everything because this Forum isn't really the place to resolve business disputes.

That being said, if Gotway America wrote this, let's just say those wouldn't be the words that I would use as a businessman.

And please don't let one sour dealer experience taint your whole view on EUCs. Clearly there's a reason we are all here - it's a fantastic experience. Hopefully you will get everything resolved and get on with having fun.

Yes he left out all the other conversation that led to me getting short with him! I told him if it was a factory defect I would be happy to give him a refund and also I need to make sure he did not damage it himself and just wants a refund. I am having it picked up at my expense BTW. It was inspected and tested before it was sent to him so surely it should be OK if I inspect it to make sure the damage was not caused by him? If it's a defect I'm more than happy to refund but this gentleman has been very unreasonable from the start with me over this matter!

I can forward the entire email string but I can’t upload it here. Where should I send it? Brad I was completely respectful, please don’t turn this around on me. I simply refused to have my “new” Tesla fixed, I want a brand new one that works off back. Im very respectful and approached you like so. Ugh! Darn Brad

40 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

Told my this is for DYI people and that maybe the wheel needs to be bent straight,

Thats what i always said: Gotways is for DIY people.... B)

Jokes aside: No, its not....the wheel should function. Period!

“The wheel needs to be bent straight?“  Kinda remember having seen/heard of this quality issue only once(GW v3), wheel was not correctly placed inside  the shell, so that it wasn’t centered and rubbed on one side. Whatsoever: Nothing that should occur on a brand new wheel.

For the photo of the scratches on the GW emblem.....this type of scratch i would consider halfway normal and not unusual, as the pedal grip tape is and will keep on rubing against the emblem (emblem will get loose anyway after a few miles).

12 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

I can forward the entire email string but I can’t upload it here. Where should I send it? Brad I was completely respectful, please don’t turn this around on me. I simply refused to have my “new” Tesla fixed, I want a brand new one that works off back. Im very respectful and approached you like so. Ugh! Darn Brad

Anywhere but here. Although it's certainly OK to complain about dealers (and for dealers to defend themselves), the Forum is not a place to resolve sales disputes, IMHO.

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

“The wheel needs to be bent straight?“  Kinda remember having seen/heard of this quality issue only once(GW v3), wheel was not correctly placed inside  the shell, so that it wasn’t centered and rubbed on one side. Whatsoever: Nothing that should occur on a brand new wheel.

For the photo of the scratches on the GW emblem.....this type of scratch i would consider halfway normal and not unusual, as the pedal grip tape is and will keep on rubing against the emblem (emblem will get loose anyway after a few miles).

12 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yes this was in the context of trying to help him figure out if it was just a minor issue that could be easily solved without having to have it sent back and be without it. He clearly does not want to lift a finger to see what's wrong with it, not a good match for a Gotway. 

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Anywhere but here. Although it's certainly OK to complain about dealers (and for dealers to defend themselves), the Forum is not a place to resolve sales disputes, IMHO.

Agreed, I honestly just want to ride my Tesla and post happy impressions of my experience using the device. Marty, you’re one of the reasons I purchased a unicycle, your love and passion for it definitely shows. I’ll send my unit back to Brad, and I’m sure he and I will work things out, that’s the optimists in me. Sometime people just have to communicate better that’s all. Brad cool in my book. 

10 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

The forum software has restricted memory space for each member, so photos and videos and what not have to be linked to photo/video services like imgur/youtube, etc!

Like Marty said, we are generally not interested in personal belongings like the complete E-Mail conversation/bashings/trouble/disputes and i would be happier you find a solution privat....WE can not help with the concrete dispute!

BUT: What we are interested in is to share good/bad experiences about several stores, customer experience, reputation etc etc etc....

So it is completely up to you, what you think is interesting for the forum members and what not, as long as it stays inside the forum rules!

1 minute ago, Brad Webster said:

Yes this was in the context of trying to help him figure out if it was just a minor issue that could be easily solved without having to have it sent back and be without it. He clearly does not want to lift a finger to see what's wrong with it, not a good match for a Gotway. 

Agreed Brad, I’m very hesitant to take my unit apart and do what you asked of me. Just seems kind of ridiculous to take a 1500 unit apart when I’m not skilled or trained at doing those types of repairs. Forgive me Brad...

Also, I apologize to the forum for brining my issue here, just wanted to get a better understanding if this was typical or not. I’m just recently getting into unicycles so I’m not acclimated yet to knowing the in’s and outs just yet. 

1 minute ago, Wldcohso said:

Agreed Brad, I’m very hesitant to take my unit apart and do what you asked of me. Just seems kind of ridiculous to take a 1500 unit apart when I’m not skilled or trained at doing those types of repairs. Forgive me Brad...

4 minutes ago, Wldcohso said:

Never asked you to take anything apart but it seems like you are not willing to do anything. You will find that it is a very good thing to have a knowledgeable person to go to when you are having problems with EUC's and you will have problems! I always try and be very helpful to my customers even after they have a unit that is falling apart from being wrecked many times! Warranty's only cover so much and I push it to the limit with Gotway but they will only go so far. I tend to go above and beyond to fix my customers units even when not covered by Gotway!

8 minutes ago, Brad Webster said:

Never asked you to take anything apart but it seems like you are not willing to do anything. You will find that it is a very good thing to have a knowledgeable person to go to when you are having problems with EUC's and you will have problems! I always try and be very helpful to my customers even after they have a unit that is falling apart from being wrecked many times! Warranty's only cover so much and I push it to the limit with Gotway but they will only go so far. I tend to go above and beyond to fix my customers units even when not covered by Gotway!

I misread your email Brad, forgive me. I guess the impression I got from your email wasn’t for me to take apart my unit.

F39299BC-94A2-42CD-A3FB-385EAE527F1B.jpeg

Archived