The Inmotion V8 tried to kill me 5 times. One time it almost succeeded.

enGate

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Toshio Uemura Could you tell us how popular these EUCs are in Japan?  You would think the Japanese would be crazy over these, but you don't see too many videos on Youtube with Japanese riders.  I only saw one other guy doing some stunt videos a while back...

Now, we are a group of 11 riders in the Kansai area (Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe), but I am sure there are more. Let me ask around a bit and get back to you with a more informed answer. The thing is, most Japanese are very law-obeying citizen, and EUCs are not really legal to use in the streets, but only on private ground. However police does not stop us but I heard there was a case where a guy got arrested for using an EUC in a crowed part of Tokyo among pedestrians. So it's a grey zone. And as long as there will be no major accidents, I believe it will stay that way. The public reception so is very positive. We get a lot of smiles and thumbs up from by-passers, older people in parks, kids and even policemen. After all it looks as if it would take some skill and hard practice to ride these things. Regular unicycles are part of our culture and popular among kids. I am sure EUCs will pick up momentum in Japan sooner or later. We are trying to promote this "live style" as best as we can and my Tesla e_Horse attracts a lot of interest. But let me gather some more info and get back to your question later. ?

56 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Now, we are a group of 11 riders in the Kansai area (Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe), but I am sure there are more. Let me ask around a bit and get back to you with a more informed answer. The thing is, most Japanese are very law-obeying citizen, and EUCs are not really legal to use in the streets, but only on private ground. However police does not stop us but I heard there was a case where a guy got arrested for using an EUC in a crowed part of Tokyo among pedestrians. So it's a grey zone. And as long as there will be no major accidents, I believe it will stay that way. The public reception so is very positive. We get a lot of smiles and thumbs up from by-passers, older people in parks, kids and even policemen. After all it looks as if it would take some skill and hard practice to ride these things. Regular unicycles are part of our culture and popular among kids. I am sure EUCs will pick up momentum in Japan sooner or later. We are trying to promote this "live style" as best as we can and my Tesla e_Horse attracts a lot of interest. But let me gather some more info and get back to your question later. ?

If only the Japanese manufactured EUCs. Can you imagine? The quality and reliability would be through the roof.

I wonder why the Chinese never embraced the quality manufacturing movement like the Japanese did in the 70's.

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If only the Japanese manufactured EUCs. Can you imagine? The quality and reliability would be through the roof.

I wonder why the Chinese never embraced the quality manufacturing movement like the Japanese did in the 70's.

And the volume of sales would go up ten folds.  We buy American, Korean, Japanese, Germany knowing we have some assurance of safety and quality, etc.  I want so much for China to take to this next level!

In 2015, there was a lot of attention brought to the problem that no Chinese pen manufacturer could make a ballpoint pen tip because they couldn't get the quality they needed. China's leaders were embarrassed by that, so they finally solved the problem this year. Unfortunately I don't think the EUC is a big enough or visible enough market for the same kind of attention. It doesn't help that the EUC is in a legislative no-mans-land in several large Western markets, and has been associated with the hoverboard fiasco.

19 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The push that the US gave Japan after the war really turned things around, and Japan's been running out of the gate ever since.  I'm not sure the same thing would ever happen to China as there is too commonly a greater value on cheaper goods than quality unless it's specifically demanded by a US company having products made there.  You never know though - maybe one day.  Xiaomi makes some really nice products and you can see the quality level evolving with time.

http://www.peoriamagazines.com/ibi/2009/jul/history-modern-quality

New to EUC and was just out to the store and I must have almost reached max speed just before hitting some bumps from sidewalk to lane way..... the wheel must have gone air born for long enough as I entered max speed and tiltback ...wow what timing I could not have done that if I tried . well it cut out and I did a superman a good 10 feet flat out landed on my shoulder ... broke the cut off button under the handle and no volume anymore ???

18 minutes ago, Robert Andreozzi said:

New to EUC and was just out to the store and I must have almost reached max speed just before hitting some bumps from sidewalk to lane way..... the wheel must have gone air born for long enough as I entered max speed and tiltback ...wow what timing I could not have done that if I tried . well it cut out and I did a superman a good 10 feet flat out landed on my shoulder ... broke the cut off button under the handle and no volume anymore ???

Ouch. Glad you are 'apparenty' OK. Was this on a V8?

On 26. November 2017 at 11:48 AM, CaptainKBLS said:

d the volume of sales would go up ten folds.  We buy American, Korean, Japanese, Germany knowing we have some assurance of safety and quality, etc.  I want so much for China to take to this next level!

My grandfather once told me Japanese products had this kind of crap quality level in the 1960s and there was a reason for and purpose behind it: Crap breaks fast, so you buy better crap sooner, so development and progress is guaranteed!

German products were indistructable at the time and would last half way to eternity. It was not until later that European manufacturers realized they have to make their products crapier to compete with the Japanese.

Now don't worry! With the rate the Chinese steal and copy our technology and know how you will have reliable EUCs by 2020! ?

19 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

My grandfather once told me Japanese products had this kind of crap quality level in the 1960s and there was a reason for and purpose behind it: Crap breaks fast, so you buy better crap sooner, so development and progress is guaranteed!

German products were indistructable at the time and would last half way to eternity. It was not until later that European manufacturers realized they have to make their products crapier to compete with the Japanese.

Now don't worry! With the rate the Chinese steal and copy our technology and know how you will have reliable EUCs by 2020! ?

I grew up in the 60's and remember when "Made in Japan" meant junk. Wow have times changed.

I think your grandfather was either rationalizing or joking with you :) The Japanese always had a reputation for hi-quality craftsmanship (woodworking, pottery, swords, etc.). It was just the manufacturing of mass produced goods that was crap.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I grew up in the 60's and remember when "Made in Japan" meant junk. Wow have times changed.

I think your grandfather was either rationalizing or joking with you :) The Japanese always had a reputation for hi-quality craftsmanship (woodworking, pottery, swords, etc.). It was just the manufacturing of mass produced goods that was crap.

I am sure our Chinese friends will get there in time. But for now ...

car-humor-joke-funny-bicycle-german-engi

... we have to take into consideration, that the car is almost half the price of the bicycle. :)

15 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I am sure our Chinese friends will get there in time. But for now ...

car-humor-joke-funny-bicycle-german-engi

... we have to take into consideration, that the car is almost half the price of the bicycle. :)

NB: Neither the bike nor the car pictured above were made in Germany. This post is humor. ??

Archived