i am seriously considering it!

11 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Oh yeah,  I've felt the loss of power, also.  But my wheel has a 320wh battery, which might make it more noticeable.  @LanghamP has better wheels than me, but also has more experience with them.

To me it makes sense, when the battery is full it is at about 62 volts.  At 50 percent it is about 57 volts.  (or at least about 5 volts lower)  I know people have said it shouldn't change the performance, because the firmware should adjust, but maybe some wheels read the voltage and change the available power?

(Or maybe I expect less power and am imagining things again):unsure:

All I can say is that if this happens, it's too subtle for my brain to notice. Or maybe I just don't push my wheels hard enough (I don't do hard accelerations or decelerations) 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

All I can say is that if this happens, it's too subtle for my brain to notice. Or maybe I just don't push my wheels hard enough (I don't do hard accelerations or decelerations) 

That, and the fact that you are blessed with both large batteries and an ideal operating climate. 

I know for a fact that when you put a fat unicyclist on a 320Wh wheel riding at a temperature of 4 degrees (40 Fahrenheit), as the battery charge drops the wheel responds considerably more slowly...

what is your reccomendations on safety gear? 

for when i am learning 

ans then normal use when i cruise at high speeds everyday after i learned it?

(gotta get everything in check first)

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

for when i am learning 

Look in this section of the Forum

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/58-riding-safety-and-protective-gear/

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

for when i am learning 

I didn't fall while learning but I did soon get a bicycle helmet. I think as long as you have something to protect the back of your head in case the EUC swipes you and you fall backwards then you'll be fine.

Higher speed crashes are something else, and I ended up gluing the sole of my shoe back from one of those crashes as the energy from them is way beyond what the human body generates.

3 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I didn't fall while learning but I did soon get a bicycle helmet. I think as long as you have something to protect the back of your head in case the EUC swipes you and you fall backwards then you'll be fine.

Higher speed crashes are something else, and I ended up gluing the sole of my shoe back from one of those crashes as the energy from them is way beyond what the human body generates.

i mean its because i have had a 2 falls on my ninebot mini it goes (18kmh) and that was not the nicest thing i have tried a few scratches here and there and my wrist i fell today a car passed me i go to the side of road then i slip on wet grass and fall off and hit hands on asphalt it hurt lot i even had gloves on now think about what a fall at 35 kmh could do... Nit just to my hands..

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

is a bike helmet enough if i am going to drive at pretty high speed 40-43kmh?

Better than no helmet, and it might be OK if you can always ninja roll your crashes.

15 hours ago, Shad0z said:

is a bike helmet enough if i am going to drive at pretty high speed 40-43kmh?

If I'm doing a fast ride on my Tesla on an unexplored path, I think I'm gonna wear the following:

• Helmet (those downhill MTB helmets with a chin bar would be ideal)
  • Wrist guards (with sliders under the wrists)
  • Knee guards
  • Elbow guards
  • Padded shorts
  • Jeans or Cargo pants (to got over the thick padded shorts)

8 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

No harm pretending we're Marc Marquez either ... :P

repsol-honda-rc213v-dani-pedrosa-marc-ma

I must say, I bet that would look cool if we coordinated our outfit with a corresponding wheel decoration.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:40 PM, Shad0z said:

... yeah it feels fast but then you see bikes whissing by

and then you think I NEED NEW STUFF  plus you kinda look like a nerd or geek while riding it i really dont care but i need the extra speed 

title on listing is like this: GotWay 2017 new electric unicycle 16 inch Tesla 1020wh 84V high speed long range  ...

Tesla sounds like the wheel for you. 

Likewise, I'd like to keep pace with cyclists (& electric scooters), thus my Tesla. As groups of cyclists normally cruise along at 40+ kph, Tesla is a better bet than KS-16S (unless you wanna go KS-18S/L).

14 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

Likewise, I'd like to keep pace with cyclists (& electric scooters), thus my Tesla. As groups of cyclists normally cruise along at 40+ kph, Tesla is a better bet than KS-16S (unless you wanna go KS-18S/L).

Funny how we all like to keep up (or pass) cyclists. I always win when I'm on the Monster :D

47 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Funny how we all like to keep up (or pass) cyclists. I always win when I'm on the Monster :D

Yeah. Its just fun being in a group, be it cyclists, inline speedskaters, electric unicyclists, boosted board riders, electric scooters etc. :thumbup: 

That's why having a wheel with the highest possible top speed helps you to keep pace with whichever group you chooses along the way. Nice! :cheers:

it seems i can but a motor bike helmet for i think it was 70 dollar on ebay or aliexpress it has s peice that cover around where mouth is i dont know what it called

is that a good choice or?

4 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

yes i defenetly does i hate when i drive my ninebot mini i drive and then bike passes me sometimes looking at me weird like i am a hippie who bought a "hoverboard" just to look hippie and then they drive away 

it happens rarely but you feel so nerdy

when i see someone from my class and then i drive by looking like a geek and then it beeps loudly for no reason and then all hope of looking nice

6 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

it seems i can but a motor bike helmet for i think it was 70 dollar on ebay or aliexpress it has s peice that cover around where mouth is i dont know what it called

is that a good choice or?

Full face helmet/chin guard.

Unless it's total cheap China crap, any such helmet will do. Maybe look if it has some safety certificates/standards or reviews. In the end, if the helmet hits the ground first instead your face and does not break apart, it does the most important part of its job.

9 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

yes i defenetly does i hate when i drive my ninebot mini i drive and then bike passes me sometimes looking at me weird like i am a hippie who bought a "hoverboard" just to look hippie and then they drive away 

it happens rarely but you feel so nerdy

when i see someone from my class and then i drive by looking like a geek and then it beeps loudly for no reason and then all hope of looking nice

LOL ... so true. Likewise, when I try to make a dash across a 50 m stretch of road (in order to avoid cars) on my V8, it suddenly hit the 30 kph alarm + tiltback - that's when I feel stupid and helpless, as my collegues look on. Tesla helps. Then again, its no enough in certain situations. One of which is when I got a sickening electric scooterist tail-gating me on a narrow path. His Dualtron 2 is 65 kph-capable, yet he found it amusing to just tailgate and EUC rider. To make things worse, he'll blast his air-horn anytime we come up to any pedestrians. Even at 45 kph, he was still tailgating me. Its annoying and rude to both pedestrians and myself. Only when I exited that path did he stopped his nonsense. Tesla is fast and fun, but I'll be looking out when the next model tops 60 or 65 kph in cruise mode. Of course, it can't be as expensive as the Monster. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, so meanwhile, its me & my Tesla. You have fun too!

3 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

LOL ... so true. Likewise, when I try to make a dash across a 50 m stretch of road (in order to avoid cars) on my V8, it suddenly hit the 30 kph alarm + tiltback - that's when I feel stupid and helpless, as my collegues look on. Tesla helps. Then again, its no enough in certain situations. One of which is when I got a sickening electric scooterist tail-gating me on a narrow path. His Dualtron 2 is 65 kph-capable, yet he found it amusing to just tailgate and EUC rider. To make things worse, he'll blast his air-horn anytime we come up to any pedestrians. Even at 45 kph, he was still tailgating me. Its annoying and rude to both pedestrians and myself. Only when I exited that path did he stopped his nonsense. Tesla is fast and fun, but I'll be looking out when the next model tops 60 or 65 kph in cruise mode. Of course, it can't be as expensive as the Monster. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, so meanwhile, its me & my Tesla. You have fun too!

My ninebot mini tilt back max is on 18 kmh... And when it reacjes it tilts back violently and slows you down to 7 kmh you sometimes almost fall off... And that infront of other people i cant even begin to talk about it

thats why i need a tesla... But i only got 200 dollar so far 

9 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Trying to keep up to the top speed of cyclists is a losing proposition even for my MSuper. That said, the average speed of any of my EUC is higher than almost all bicyclist, that is while my top speed isn't high I can maintain 15 mph on my smaller wheels and 20-22 mph on my MSuper.

You basically pass all bicyclist going uphill.

That said, there's a local Chinese girl with an electric pedal bicycle who just flies past me uphill. E-bikes are on a whole different level compared to even the Monster, they are that much faster that there isn't any worthwhile comparison.

But I can trolley my wheel around while she has to lock her bike up, which in itself is a great risk.

7 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

do you think cheap safety gear from ebay for 3 dollars will work? It looks fine to me but i dont know

No. What's your health worth?

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

No. What's your health worth?

I plan on getting a used motor cross helmet snd some knee protectors elbow and wristguards and i dont want to go out into official retailer they expencive and when i buy tesla i will have very little money left.. Any recomendations??

Archived