Jump to content

i am seriously considering it!


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i am considiring getting some money and buying a gotway tesla unicycle and sell my ninebot mini 

any downsides? please let me know

- one can (and will) go faster and by this have more impact in case of an accident

- new wheels get released in about 1 years cycle - so one can easily spend much more money :ph34r:

- it's harder to balance/learn, but once one learned it it's no problem anymore

- don't know too much about the build quality of a ninebot mini, but there could be the chance that EUC's are a bit below?

- EUCs are illegal/just accepted in many places whereas segways/ninebot minis have approval/permission in many countries. (imho no real prob in russia?)

- Tesla just came out and there are chances that soon a version 2 will come out, with some probs corrected. Buying the first version makes one a guinea pig for as good as every manufacturer by now - they all react to the probs arised from "field test" by the first customers and release new versions (also not all officially named as such).

Look at the gotway/general forum for more information for the tesla - there are many discussion, reports and comparissons with other wheels...

There is therussian forum http://electrotransport.ru which could be interesting for you for additional research?

Ps.: Imho your topic should be moved to the general or gotway subforum - you should have better chances to get your answers there? If you want any of us moderators can do this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Downsides? Yes.  You will be poorer in the amount the wheel cost.  That's it.  No other downsides.  

You'll wonder why you didn't come over to the dark side, long ago.

i bought my current ninebot mini pro about 2 months ago and i saw a few euc video and some gotway video where a guy drove like 45 kmh... now i have extreme buyers remorse

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Chriull said:

- one can (and will) go faster and by this have more impact in case of an accident

- new wheels get released in about 1 years cycle - so one can easily spend much more money :ph34r:

- it's harder to balance/learn, but once one learned it it's no problem anymore

- don't know too much about the build quality of a ninebot mini, but there could be the chance that EUC's are a bit below?

- EUCs are illegal/just accepted in many places whereas segways/ninebot minis have approval/permission in many countries. (imho no real prob in russia?)

- Tesla just came out and there are chances that soon a version 2 will come out, with some probs corrected. Buying the first version makes one a guinea pig for as good as every manufacturer by now - they all react to the probs arised from "field test" by the first customers and release new versions (also not all officially named as such).

Look at the gotway/general forum for more information for the tesla - there are many discussion, reports and comparissons with other wheels...

There is therussian forum http://electrotransport.ru which could be interesting for you for additional research?

Ps.: Imho your topic should be moved to the general or gotway subforum - you should have better chances to get your answers there? If you want any of us moderators can do this...

ok thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i bought my current ninebot mini pro about 2 months ago and i saw a few euc video and some gotway video where a guy drove like 45 kmh... now i have extreme buyers remorse

Protect your mini, gather all the stuff that came with it and sell it to help pay for your EUC. You know you're going to get one, you've been bitten by the bug.  Might as well get the most for your mini while it's still mostly new and shiny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Protect your mini, gather all the stuff that came with it and sell it to help pay for your EUC. You know you're going to get one, you've been bitten by the bug.  Might as well get the most for your mini while it's still mostly new and shiny.

i am 14 years old(people generalize me when i say this) 

 so my budget consist of my dad giving me 70 dollar or like i get it 4000 rubles every month and the kinds of work i can find and what i can sell of my old stuff i like your description: "bitten by the bug" that is how i feel i am actually in school right now i want to run home sell my home and buy one :) but im gonna be a little patient 

Edited by Shad0z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i am in this kind of grey area 

 

spend money on mini to make it last longer      or     join the dark side immediatly and sell my mini(im not so happy about that)  and then sell some stuff and buy a euc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You've got a goal, and you have some ideas on how to reach that goal.  14 or 55 the process is the same.  Turn your enthusiasm into the appropriate action.  Do what you have to do ( nothing illegal ?). 

(Im assuming that you spending $1000 plus, on an EUC is not going to cause your family financial distress)

heres something you MIGHT consider. A $1000 wheel is a tempting target for thieves.  You may be some sort of karate expert ( I don't know) but most of us adults couldn't stop two or more people trying to separate us from our wheels, so that includes you too.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

You've got a goal, and you have some ideas on how to reach that goal.  14 or 55 the process is the same.  Turn your enthusiasm into the appropriate action.  Do what you have to do ( nothing illegal ?). 

(Im assuming that you spending $1000 plus, on an EUC is not going to cause your family financial distress)

heres something you MIGHT consider. A $1000 wheel is a tempting target for thieves.  You may be some sort of karate expert ( I don't know) but most of us adults couldn't stop two or more people trying to separate us from our wheels, so that includes you too.   

yeah that i considered a lot but i would mainly just keep away from people unless it is in the middle of a crowd maybe and then there is the "crowd effect" where nobody will help you if you shout for help because everyone thinks someone else is gonna do it but the trick is to shout out specific people 

but i found some different models of the telsa with different batteries:        425wh     850wh      1020wh   is there differences with motor too? and what would you reccomend   

                                                                                                                                      price      999usd   1200usd    1400usd

 

and i mean it isnt like it is easy for people to stop you if you are racing by at 40 kmh if you avoid them by a few meters

Edited by Shad0z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sorry for typing so much in this post but how does a euc act when you fall off does it run away or does it fall over or drive and slow down?  because my ninebot mini has this issue where when i fall off it runs away i have to chase it it is really annoying but i have fix: retractable keychain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...