Jump to content

New Custom Side Pads for the KS14S


Marty Backe
 Share

Recommended Posts

does anybody know where to get that thin 3m double sided tape king song uses for the side pads? it’s like see thru thin.

i’m asking because my batteries were shipped separately and i had to install them. i might want to go back inside and check on everything. the vendor gave me just enough tape to remount the pads. i didn’t try to do a nice neat job with cable ties etc., i chose to let the wires float inside. a lot of times on rc helis, people would get all anal about servo wires etc and strapping all the wires down tight, and the flexing and vibration of the helis would cause the connectors to disconnect because of no play. not sure what a 18s good neat wiring layout looks like or if it matters.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

does anybody know where to get that thin 3m double sided tape king song uses for the side pads? it’s like see thru thin.

i’m asking because my batteries were shipped separately and i had to install them. i might want to go back inside and check on everything. the vendor gave me just enough tape to remount the pads. i didn’t try to do a nice neat job with cable ties etc., i chose to let the wires float inside. a lot of times on rc helis, people would get all anal about servo wires etc and strapping all the wires down tight, and the flexing and vibration of the helis would cause the connectors to disconnect because of no play. not sure what a 18s good neat wiring layout looks like or if it matters.

I still have the backing, so I'll give you the part number when I get home tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yaay marty! thanks. finding parts and supplies out of the norm is such a pita. the vendors load up their sites with a bunch of useless info but terrible pictures. 

i didn’t want to ask u to go thru ur garbage.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yaay marty! thanks. finding parts and supplies out of the norm is such a pita. the vendors load up their sites with a bunch of useless info but terrible pictures. 

i didn’t want to ask u to go thru ur garbage.

It's in my workshop garbage, so I don't have to dig through food :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm pretty confident it's 3M 9448A like in the second link I posted.  :whistling:

So if you're wrong, will you film yourself taking a nude ride around the block. I hear that it's all the rage in Canada right now :laughbounce2:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was gonna post that even if I was right!  :roflmao:  No need to ask!  :efee612b4b:

It will be known as "The Tesla Testicle Test" video.  Gonna go viral.  Like 'n' Subscribe!  :w00t2:  But with this weather it might be more Tesla than testicle... just sayin'.... brrr!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm pretty confident it's 3M 9448A like in the second link I posted.  :whistling:

Don't forget the "All seeing, all knowing part..." 

i don’t think so because the stuff the chinese vendor sent me was clear or translucent film. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not quite sure whether you really need a specific type of double stick tape, but the 3M 9448A looks kinda like this photo which is slightly translucent.  I think they call it tissue tape.  Maybe you are planning to use it for a different application and require that it be completely translucent?  If it's to re-attach the pads, the tape will be covered up?  :wacko:  I'm confused.

 Original-4mm-50M-3M-9448-Black-White-Dou\

That photo of the tape roll you have doesn't look like a 3M product.  It's probably just a generic double sided sticky tape used to stick padding on wheels.  I got a similar roll when I bought my generic wheel.  Maybe this would work if you don't think the tissue tape will work?

https://www.staples.com/Scotch-Permanent-Double-Sided-Tape/product_SS130500

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I know it's just known as "double sided tape ". If it's got that spongy stuff in the middle it's got another name like "double sided, spongy stuff in the middle, tape" ?

I used to have a giant roll of it, and I mean GIANT! About 2" wide and about 8" diameter.  Lost it in a house  move last year. ?

Edited by Smoother
Added stuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Not quite sure whether you really need a specific type of double stick tape, but the 3M 9448A looks kinda like this photo which is slightly translucent.  I think they call it tissue tape.  Maybe you are planning to use it for a different application and require that it be completely translucent?  If it's to re-attach the pads, the tape will be covered up?  :wacko:  I'm confused.

 

That photo of the tape roll you have doesn't look like a 3M product.  It's probably just a generic double sided sticky tape used to stick padding on wheels.  I got a similar roll when I bought my generic wheel.  Maybe this would work if you don't think the tissue tape will work?

https://www.staples.com/Scotch-Permanent-Double-Sided-Tape/product_SS130500

On my KS14S, each pad was applied with different tape. The one that you see me remove used the big sheet adhesive like what was on the pads from EWheels. When I removed the other pad, it had a whole bunch of individual strips of tape from a roll, and was much harder to remove :angry:.

Sometimes you really wonder how these wheels are assembled :blink1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, novazeus said:

 

Not quite sure whether you really need a specific type of double stick tape, but the 3M 9448A looks kinda like this photo which is slightly translucent

 

i don’t. in all my travels and work, i’d never seen that kind of film tape. seem to work ok, so instead of re-inventing the wheel, i’d use what they were using. i’ve got a roll of 3m automotive trim tape. very expensive but junk imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2017 at 3:51 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:whistling:  How about we bet the farm on it?  :innocent1:   I can kinda make out 944, and there is an upside down 8A there so the blurry one on top likely is 9448A.  All seeing, all knowing... prop.gif (see sig).

801006_3mtape.jpg

@novazeus, @Hunka Hunka Burning Love was correct. It's 9448A

IMG_20171110_095942806.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love - stop trying to use your mind control powers on me (again)!

You may have psychically willed me back to the forum (twice now already), but ATGATT prevents me, despite the urges you keep putting into my head...

Try @Sidestreet Reny - he's a repeat offender...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...