My first unicycle: looking for advice.

MaximB

If I were to do it again with my experience now, I would not buy the V8.  I would have love to try one of those KS14 or 16.

I"m not sure if there is a problem with my V8 but every time I ride the V8 now, I can't seem to stay straight without constantly nudging the wheel right or left (kindly like if your car needs alignment).  On the ACM, I just ride straight and enjoy.

8 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

If I were to do it again with my experience now, I would not buy the V8.  I would have love to try one of those KS14 or 16.

I"m not sure if there is a problem with my V8 but every time I ride the V8 now, I can't seem to stay straight without constantly nudging the wheel right or left (kindly like if your car needs alignment).  On the ACM, I just ride straight and enjoy.

Have you recently inflated the tire?  I pumped my ks14c up the about 60psi, the other day, and I was wobbling all over the place like a drunken sailor. It's like balancing on a knife edge. 

10 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

The V8 is just very wobbly if you're used to the good-controllability-wide-stance, direction-stable-like-a-boulder-rolling-down-a-hill ACM. When I first tried the V8 after >1000km on the ACM, took me 10 minutes before I stopped riding in a sinus line like a drunk rider (due to constantly oversteering as the V8 reacts so damn sensitive to the slightest knee bend while the ACM is controlled more by the upper body).

So might very well be the ACM ruined the V8 for you. It really is a good-natured, comfortable 16 incher.

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

So might very well be the ACM ruined the V8 for you.

I think you're right.  Before I got the ACM and didn't know the difference, the ride on the V8 seemed fine.  Now, I've become more critical of the V8.

It'll be awhile before I can get a KS to play with.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:15 AM, CaptainKBLS said:

After 650 km on my V8 riding only in the forward direction, I'm also having this issue with the tendency to veer right or drop to the right side. I do pump my tires to 40-45 psi. Still. No idea why. Will get a tire change at the shop and see how.

Archived