Gotway Beep Code

GQS

I am asking specifically for the mten3 but i think might be universal for all the Gotway 84v models.

I didn't get a manual for the my new Gotway mten3.  I'm not understanding some of the beep warnings.  I turned off the first two beep warnings via the app and also turned off tilt-back.

--

From Jane Mo in another post:

1. first speed alarm, 2 beeps per second 
  2. second speed alarm, 3 beeps per second 
  3. third speed alarm, 4 beeps per second 
  4. 80% power alarm, 5 beeps per second(continuously non-stop beeping without pause) 
  5. less than 7.2km/h, low voltage,1 beep every 2 seconds 
  6. less than 14.4km/h, low voltage, 2 beeps  every 2 seconds 
  7. more than 14.4km/h, low voltage, 3 beeps every 2 seconds 
  8. hall sensor defect, 2 beeps every 1/2 seconds
  9. PCB high temperature alarm, 2 short beep 2 seconds, tilt back to get rider off the EUC, tilting back and forward after stopped 
  10. extreme low voltage power on,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep 
  11. fall down,1 beep 1 second, total of 5 beeps
  12. over voltage, 3 short beep 2 second, tilt back when riding downhill

---

31 minutes ago, GQS said:

Normally on a level surface, 1 beep means you are at ~25% max speed or current; 2 beeps means you are at ~50% max speed or current; 3 beeps means you are at ~75% max speed or current; 4 beeps means you are at ~90% max speed or current.

This is definitely not how it works. Not sure where you have that from.

Here's the only official info I know of.

Most important thing, no matter what a beep means, if it beeps, don't ignore it:efee47c9c8:

We had a case recently where an ACM (67.2V) was beeping going uphills. Might have been the 80% alarm (best guess). Beeps only are played while the problem persists, so one beep may have been the first beep of the 80% alarm, 3 beeps the first 3, etc. - if it was only for a short moment the 80% were actually exceeded. This could be an explanation.

What's your weight? How steep is the hill?

1 hour ago, GQS said:

Normally on a level surface, 1 beep means you are at ~25% max speed or current; 2 beeps means you are at ~50% max speed or current; 3 beeps means you are at ~75% max speed or current; 4 beeps means you are at ~90% max speed or current.

Sorry, thats, like meepmeep said, totally wrong...

Gotways dont have “percentage current or speed” alarms....

Even the so called “80% alarm” is only a hard coded, hard speed alarm for each wheel, and has nothing to do with real load the wheel is taking in that moment.

@Jason McNeil Maybe you can help us with this.

Since nothing is certain and the available information is very old, could you maybe use your connections with Gotway to get a definitive list of all their alarms, and when exactly/by what exactly they are triggered? Especially the "80%" thing, whatever it really is.

43 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Sorry, thats, like meepmeep said, totally wrong...

Gotways dont have “percentage current or speed” alarms....

Even the so called “80% alarm” is only a hard coded, hard speed alarm for each wheel, and has nothing to do with real load the wheel is taking in that moment.

Maybe everyone eventually goes thru these stages. But I've come to the belief that the longer you spend riding faster than 20mph (32km/h) the higher the risk of an eventual cut-out of some type.

The more time we spend around these wheels the more risk averse that we get. At least that's the case for me. I'm pretty happy staying below 20mph 95% of the time.

So I never hear any alarms or experience tilt-back. Life is good.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh, to be able to afford a newer wheel. I spend 90% of the time listening to a repeating two beeps, self preservation switching in only when it starts 3-beeping and that’s at 15MPH which does seem way too slow now. Sellotape over the buzzer at least cut the volume to tolerable ??

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Oh, to be able to afford a newer wheel. I spend 90% of the time listening to a repeating two beeps, self preservation switching in only when it starts 3-beeping and that’s at 15MPH which does seem way too slow now. Sellotape over the buzzer at least cut the volume to tolerable ??

Just today i thought again, how much progress the wheels have done!

I started with a Ks14c...which already was a fantastic wheel...

But seeing it today, when i drive a KS18S and a Tesla...both totally responsive, agile and with a totaly different and much more secure driving algorithm and which both CAN go 45kmh and more, and i even did not reach one warning beep or a tiltback warning at this speeds! Thats great and making driving an EUC what i always wanted! If just some more redundancy would be added,  this style of driving would be the absolute future of commuting and transport!

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Just today i thought again, how much progress the wheels have done!

I started with a Ks14c...which already was a fantastic wheel...

But seeing it today, when i drive a KS18S and a Tesla...both totally responsive, agile and with a totaly different and much more secure driving algorithm and which both CAN go 45kmh and more, and i even did not reach one warning beep or a tiltback warning at this speeds! Thats great and making driving an EUC what i always wanted! If just some more redundancy would be added,  this style of driving would be the absolute future of commuting and transport!

You've got the two new hot wheels. I'm going to have to wait for the Tesla V2 :crying:

Archived